Game 40 Thread: PHI vs. CHA

Jess Sayan on Jan 17 at 9:42

I recall Meeks playing Jackson surprisingly well in the last matchup.

Early starts tend to be sluggish. I can see an 94-88 games with scores in upper-30's, low-40's at the half.

Not sure if anyone else is still stuck at work today.

If anybody gets a chance to post a link to where the game might be streaming it would be extremely appreciated.

In fact, I'll trade you this:

Lou Williams hiphop video-

If you're at work today - and your biz doesn't mind - the ESPN game at 1pm eastern is available via ESPN3.com

johnrosz reply to GoSixers on Jan 17 at 13:39

is Rudy Gay always this much of a gunner

Tyrus Thomas is out today, suspended for a flagrant foul. That's great news i guess :).

Except he's on my fantasy team

According to the NBA web site - they're doing a free league pass preview this week

Jason reply to GoSixers on Jan 17 at 13:46

Also, in case anyone was wondering, they cut the prices in half (mid-season point obv).

Frustrating how CSN is glorifying Lou's recent late-game 'heroics'.

I suppose - but it's not like it's surprising or not standard coverage of the sport.

I don't care how CSN covers it - I care how the front office thinks of it overall

Jrue for three! I usually don't like transition threes, but that was a walk up look.

Dear Eric Snow

It no longer matters that Kwame Brown was a #1 pick

Meeks is so out of control on fast breaks. I have no idea why people foul him so much. He shot that one at the top of the backboard.

we start shooting very well.

Iguodala looks like his jumper's on today.

Get Hawes out.

Jason reply to Jason on Jan 17 at 14:18

He's responsible for 6 bobcat points so far.

Somebody seriously needs to tell Meeks how out of control he is on these fast breaks.

Turner would have gotten the hook for that.

Xavier reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:20

yep, I'm still thinking why is Meeks a starter.

Jason reply to Xavier on Jan 17 at 14:21

Because Meeks can't go out on the 2nd unit with Lou. That would be suicide.

Turner in for meeks at the 'next stop' after that fast break?

I like the timeout. Basically we've been shooting jumpers and they have been getting to the basket too easily. However most likely Hawes will still play lotsa minutes and it's gonna continue to be a poor defensive effort today.

OK, Meeks did get the hook for ET. Thank you, Doug.

Pull Hawes please. This is ridiculous.

Unacceptable rebounding again. Some of this defense stuff is simply effort.

Xavier reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:25

that was embarrasing. They didn't see even where the ball were...

Wow-

Jrue, Turner, Iggy, Thad, Speights.

A lineup I'm somewhat excited to see, who would have thought?

Ugh, took a nap and just woke up. Alright, I'll be here the rest of the way.

Hawes had a pretty long leash there.

How many 3s can we expect the Bobcats to chuck up?

Heh, not sure how Jrue missed that dunk.

More concerning was how terrible and out of control thad was on his two misses

good call Brian, Diaw is killing us.

Damn, Jrue's conversion rates on those monster dunk attempts is like 10 percent. Not that it was a bad move, he drew the foul at least.

Alvin reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:30

Only one I can remember him making was the one on Anthony Randolph. I think it was preseason but man that was sweet.

Hmmn, big lineup here. Thad at the three.

Why are you swiping Turner? Why?

Lou.

If you're an opposing team head coach and you see Lou Williams checking in, would you instantly Call a timeout? I know I would.

Thanks God I woke up in time to see Lou get the iso at the end of the quarter.

PHI 22, CHA 23

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 14:35

It's a recurring nightmare.

Xavier reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 14:37

Don't worry about it. You'll see more at the of the fourth...

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:34

Gerald Wallace with Iguodala on the floor: 10 mins, 0 points, 0 FGA
Gerald Wallace with Iguodala on the bench: 2 mins, 5 pts, 2-2 shooting, 1-1 FT

good D by Brand

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:37

wtf is with all these blown dunks today?

Ugh, another missed dunk. Pretty sure Thad has missed at least five right at the hoop now.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 14:39

Six.

Court_visioN reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:39

Seven, though he was fouled.

Thad's been horrendous so far, great board and push by ET.

Another blown bunny by Thad. Come on.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:39

I'd MUCH rather have Turner isos than Lou isos. Oh my god Thad another blown layup.

At least Turner mixes in a drive past the foul line once in awhile.

I think Turner = Best Iso player on the team.

Alvin reply to Jason on Jan 17 at 14:44

that's what i think people expected him to be. I'd admit I expected him to become the iso player we didn't have. We have not had many opportunities to see that yet though, and we're almost at the halfway stage of the season.

Well, at least he was fouled on that one.

Is Thad blind?

It's a good thing CHA can't shoot.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:41

Turner has taken 4 shots. Three of them were blocked. I feel like Turner can be a good scorer in this league but when matched up against long or athletic guys he can struggle to get his shot off.

Court_visioN reply to Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:43

although i guess normally you wouldn't try to back down a 6'9" 235 guy if you're 6'7" 200. that accounted for 2 of the blocks

Michael T reply to Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:52

I counted three shots, why does the box score say four? What other shot of his was blocked aside from the two by Diaw?

Turner's cleaning the glass right now. 5 board already.

Juan reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:44

Good 2nd cuarter for him, also should have a couple asists

Been a while since turner rebounded the ball like this.

Court_visioN reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 14:43

he's doing a good job, but I don't think he's changed his technique any. Sometimes the ball just bounces your way.

Yea definitely agree. I think having a decent stretch of minutes instead of coming in and out of the game every 2-3 minutes helps too.

Freaking Hawes.

What the hell. Why is hawes in? Is he replacing Thad? Jesus really doug?

This has been a clusterfuck offensively since the starters left.

Nice work, Hawes. You fucking stiff.

He got completely pushed around by Diaw on the defensive end (fouled him, it wasn't called), then turns the ball over after calling for it in the post on the other end.

Hawes's worst game this year imo. 8 pts he's given up now, in 8 mins of play. Also threw away a possession on offense, where he couldn't post up Gerald Wallace, he got owned. Wallace pretty much pushed Hawes out of bounds with ease.

Rich reply to Jason on Jan 17 at 14:50

He's had some really bad ones, that would be high praise.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 14:48

I wish Turner would yell at him "Don't shoot that!"

Alvin reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:53

He'd probably get yanked.

ET as center is better than Hawes... good BS.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:47

Hawes AND Lou in. Hallelujah, we're saved! /sarcasm

Xavier reply to Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:50

lol! what a pity for Nocioni!

Jesus, anyone else see Hawes just drop that board?

Iguodala for three.

Wouldn't mind Dre shooting more tonight, he looks locked in.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:49

i'd like to see the stats on this. Iguodala's best 3 is the corner, correct?

Pretty much everyone's best three is from the corner, it's shorter.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:50

Bobcats having flashbacks of Crazy Meeks the last game?

Thad with some great court vision and passing to spot Jodie. Who would've thunk it?

we're lucky they are shooting 0/8 3FG.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:53

HAHAHA that little kid was doing the John Wall then noticed he was on screen I guess and scratched his head.

Brand is all over the place. He looks like he has the freshest legs on the floor, for either team.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 14:56

Sick half for Brand, 8pts, 9rebs and 3 blocks.

Kenny Mauer doing this game, watch your facial expression everybody.

Jodie just made one AT the rim?????!! Jodie > Thad today. Who woulda expected that.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:55

Thad realized he can't make any layups today, might as well try for a jumper

Much better defense, much better offense.

Court_visioN reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 14:59

you jinxed it.

10 boards and 3 blocks for Brand, already.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:00

This is the first time I remember such a POTG performance at half time since Jodie's outburst against Charlotte last time.

Man, Diaw eating them alive.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 14:58

Haha, Kwame Brown swatted at that rebound like it was a bug before getting control of it.

Fuck me, now the oop goes off Thad's fingertips.

Wow, Thad.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 15:00

goodness gracious. it wasn't like Dre's pass was too high. Thad just has no hands today.

I wanted to say 'bad end to the quarter', but it'd be a heck of an understatement.

c'mon thad. You Can't guard Big Baby, and now you can't even guard Boris Diaw?

Alvin reply to Jason on Jan 17 at 15:03

I'd say most guys struggle against Big Baby. But not a good thing to let Diaw own your ass.

Interesting, he took Jrue out for Turner to end the half.

Rich reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 15:03

OK, an offense/defense sub, but why?

He took out Jodie for ET.

Quick, get Lou in for the iso!

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 15:02

to his credit, Young is working hard defensively.

He's still ineffective. But I'm glad he gives effort compared to the sloth.

Who has worse hands today? Kwame or Thad?

Lou is in for his customary heave.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 15:05

good coaching by collins, putting the athletic swingmen down the court to prepare for the full court heave

Brand hits one of two from the stripe to give the Sixers a slim lead heading into the half:

PHI 40, CHA 39

Brand is proving you don't need a mullet to be tough.

This guy has a hockey coach's mullet.

Sixers out rebounded 32 to 25. Gave up 12 offensive rebounds, Hawes was responsible for 4 of them.

Good work, Hawes.

42 seconds for Hawes. Hope we don't have to see him again.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:24

Even Doug lost patience with him. Gotta love it.

Looks like Lou's coming in now.

third quarter collapse?

Yep, Lou for Jrue.

I don't even want to watch anymore.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:27

get squashed 11-2 to start the second half and the coach decides it's time to put the offense killer in the game.

Hate it.

Why do I bother with this team while this cancer Lou is on it?

Brand gives a hard foul. First time I've seen anyone on the team do that in a while.

Jrue for 3!

big shot. let's fucking go, play some d.

No Speights, don't try to play like Hawes. He's starting not because he's playing well, he's starting in order to justify the trade made to get him.

Collins definitely told them no fucking layups. Another hard foul under the hoop.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:35

About damn time. Can't be Brand all the time though, we need him to stay on the court. But on days like this when Hawes is an albatross and Thad is awful, our lack of bigs shows.

Kwame haha

Lou had about 10 minutes to set that shot up, and he hit the side of the backboard.

Man, there's been a ton of contact near the hoop.

Nice look by Turner and finish by Lou on the inbound play.

Turner sighting.

I finally realised how ironic Lou's twitter name (TeamLou23) is. Hahahahaha. That is hilarious.

Turner's doing a good job on Wallace. That's a tough matchup.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:43

I must say Turner had turned out much better defensively thus far than I had hoped for. It's the reverse for his offense of course. It's games like these that make people wonder if we got a player too similar to Iggy.

My take is Turner has more talent in iso situations to score the ball (and he'd make more free throws) whereas Iggy will always be better defensively. It just frustrates me to not be able to see those two on the court on the same time often enough so far.

In hindsight, the Lou for Jrue sub probably wasn't that bad. Team was wildly inefficient on offense to start, worse than a bad Lou.

Jrue came back in less than a minute later, Collins must've just had something to say to him. I have no problem w/ that.

Alvin reply to Jason on Jan 17 at 15:47

I must say that Lou has provided the offensive spark. It hasn't been Lou overdribbling with Jrue standing on the corner, at least.

8 boards for Turner now, again, matching up with Wallace who is a great rebounder. That's impressive.

Hawes, Speights and Thad haven't been lighting it up. Brand/Iggy/Turner/Lou/Jrue anyone? Can Iggy guard Diaw? Turner seems to be doing admirably with Wallace.

Ugh, these blown bunnies are killing me.

I don't remember Brand taking a shot in the third. Why?

Alright, I caught back up. Lou's been great, gotta say.

Good foul, I guess. It's a shame no one can stop Kwame without fouling him.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 15:49

how does kwame brown make free throws with that form??

God knows. Well Shawn Marion has the ugliest form I've seen and he's made a good career out of it.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 15:51

young letting out his frustration with that jam. sick play.

The third started horribly, but finished strong.

PHI 65, CHA 59

Sixers tend to lose every 4th quarter when they go into it with a small lead.

Wow we went 23-7 in 9 minutes of play.

Bobcats haven't made a basket since they took the 52-42 lead with 9:08 left in the third.

Captain Jack is playing sooooo bad.

JTI to start the fourth.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 15:56

Thrilled.

Let's go, keep pushing this lead. Don't let up.

No idea why Speights gets the hook right there.

Good defense or terrible offense? What do we think?

Better defense than we've seen for a while, I'm not sure I'd call it exactly good. In the second half they've clearly been told to foul instead of giving up layups, and that has a ripple effect if the opponent starts to shy away from the contact.

Tray reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 16:06

I don't know, but our offense is pretty terrible today too.

Iguodala has been tremendous today. Really hasn't forced anything, and has been efficient. Great defense as usual.

Rebounding has been excellent in the second half. With Charlotte shooting so poorly once we got most of the rebounds this should have been a routine W.

Iggy is amazing, it was like Gerald Wallace is not playing in this game. He's completely not a factor.

Please Collins, just have the team keep running offense here. No crunch time Lou isolation stuff.

Oh man, this team makes nothing easy.

Stupid, EB.

Shit. Don't need a lull here. Flagrant on Brand.

Get Jrue back in the game, please.

God damnit. This is on doug, could he tell hsi team to get up early in shot clock, then run the offense. Instead of walking up, wait till 14 seconds on clock then start offense and end up with a long two every time.

Thad helps way off Diaw, glorious.

Fucking Diaw. That was a 6-point possession.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:09

come on. they're just coasting now. it's not over

Oh, it might be over, just not in the way we want.

Why the fuck does Boris Diaw look like an all-world player against this team every year? Is it because Thad guards him every year?

Thad's small for him, Brand's slow for him. And he's versatile.

Jesus, he's almost got a triple-double.

I'd put Iguodala on him and stop doubling, but that's just me.

Damn, he took Jrue out? Why?????

Holy shit.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:12

Good active hands by Dre. Just make these freebies please.

What's with the either-Andre-or-Jrue substitution pattern?

Are you kidding me Doug, did you really just sit down Jrue because lou made an ill advised layup? Jrue checked in, then Lou makes that ridiculous "layup". Doug immediately brings Jrue back.

I think he had him sit back down because it was a TV timeout at the next dead ball.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:14

Lou has to look appealing to other teams needing a bench spark plug w/ his scoring lately. At least I hope.

We're going down with Team Lou shooting tonight.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:15

No one wanted to run out at Wallace and chase him off the arc did they?

Freaking amazing. No matter what, this team finds a way.

To lose.

Good sub, Turner for Lou for defense.

Lou should never play a minute in the 4th. He's good in the 2nd/3rd. But not when teams are focused.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:17

Dag, what a block by EB. What is ET doing shooting that? O-board and we still miss. sheesh...............

Ah, another blown bunny by Thad. Beautiful.

How many fucking bunnies can they miss? How many?

God damn I wish that had gone in from Turner.

Rich reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:19

That should have been a foul line jumper. He got way too deep.

OK, so they find a way to get a stop here. Sixers ball, down 1 with say 10 seconds left. Wonder what Collins will call.

fucking sissy layups Thad!!!

Haha with each blown bunny I think of how half the time Iggy would just flush it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:20

MFer! they miss and still get the damn o-board. ugh

Great D by Turner, and Kwame Brown with an O board. Great.

And an offensive board does them in. Wonderful.

15 points, 15 boards for Kwame. Yeah, we don't need a big man.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:21

4 guys standing there for the board and Kwame goes over every one of them to get it. wtf?

should've fouled a lot earlier. a foul to give? crap.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:23

He's gonna call for a 3 by Dre here.

Really Stadium Guy? Really? Really going to play "everybody dance now" Really?

how we make the impossible happen? I thought this game was a Win.

we needed noc's toughness

Jodie Time?

What now?

Iggy? Ugh.
Lou? Sigh.

Not many options here. Shouldn't have even come to this, really.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUU

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:25

Well damn Lou, he fakes and it works for an open three!

Lou!!!!!

Just enough time left to break our hearts, though.

How do we lose?

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 16:26

that pump fake worked. again. paul silas must be scratching his head.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:26

Lou's a Bossss! lol

The one time they figure to pass the ball in this situation, we get an assisted 3. hmmm. why don't we try more of that?

Court_visioN reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:27

an inbounds pass hardly qualifies as "The one time they figure to pass the ball in this situation"

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:28

You mean the Lou 3? That wasn't off a pass on court it was off the inbounds pass

Overtime it is!

PHI 86, CHA 86 after regulation.

uffffff!!!!!!! lucky, lucky.

They are a disaster in those late game situations. How is that type of screen not an automatic switch?

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 16:30

Agree, Turner got caught up on a pick earlier and SJax made one. He just missed that one a l'il short but he was open b/c ET was stuck on the pick again.

I'm really pissed at the way this game has gone, but I'm thrilled that they finally got the breaks in a late game spot.

Now let's take control of OT.

No Jrue to start overtime, huh? Fuck that.

Why no Jrue? Charlotte has a lot of size, but come on.

God damn getting owned by Kwame Brown. Sigh.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:32

Silas is picking on Turner here going to SJax everytime.

Yet it's not working. Now he's going to Diaw.

You're not even subtle about your Turner-hatred. Silas isn't picking on Turner. Stephen Jackson is Silas's best player. Turner is playing stud D and everyone who watches the game without hatred can see it.

eddies' heady's reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 16:58

So I guess the Bobcats announcers hate his ass too, huh? They said the exact same thing just seconds after I typed that. "..have to go at the rookie, Evan Turner here...."

Get over your obsession and own hate of my comments about particular players on this team, will ya?

The Bobcats announcers obviously have never seen Turner's D. They're just saying "Stephen Jackson, our best player, against a rook, obviously that's where you go." Obviously both Silas and the announcers and you were wrong.

eddies' heady's reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 17:15

You're funny...lol.....so if you're going at a rookie then how it that not what I said exactly in the initial comment of 'picking on him'?

Still hung up on that wrong/right shit, huh? You're a mess...lol

You love yourself some Turner and hate yourself some heady's comments about him, no matter how true at the time.

get. over. it.

maybe i misinterpreted your comment. I don't think Silas was picking on Turner, I just think he wanted Stephen Jackson to take a lot of shots regardless. I think the Bobcats announcers are just dumb.

But you still hate Turner :)

eddies' heady's reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 17:40

That's what I'm getting at though. You clearly misinterpret my comments, particularly when they mention Turner. Just because I've made comments previously that weren't glowing about his game doesn't equal negative connations all the friggin' time.

Which is why I wish you would let your obsession over what I say about him go - mainly for your sake, not mine, cause I get a kick out of it, really. I can't fathom how someone could be SO affected by another's comments about individual players on both of ours' favorite team. It has become rather hilarious.

I think that was a goaltend too.

What has Thad done to deserve getting OT minutes in this game?

Fuck me. Come on, they're free.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:33

Thad missing two from the stripe. damn

Looks like there's no need for Jrue in this OT. Wonderful.

hey doug. When you're playing a big team. It's usually a good idea to have a legit 4/5 out there.

Doesn't make sense to not have Jrue on the court. Really.

Rich reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:35

Either Turner or Lou should be out.

Alvin reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 16:38

Positionwise yeah, but I have no idea why Thad is on the court. Yes provisionally he is the 4 out there, but come on.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 16:38

Has to be Turner considering how both have played in this game.

That ball hit off Wallace. OK, maybe not.

Holiday must be hurt right?

Why Thad is in this game and Jrue isn't, I have no idea. It's not like Thad plays like a 4.

Rich reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:38

That would be my decision, but it is a little hokey playing Iggy at the 4 in OT against a huge lineup.

Turner's defense has been great.

Court_visioN reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:39

matchups. you need guys to check Wallace, Diaw, and Jackson without giving up TOO much on pick and roll switches. And since Lou is Collins' boy in crunch time and they still need some rebounding, DC trots out Lou, Turner, Dre, Thad, and Brand. Makes sense just may not be the lineup we want out there.

Rich reply to Alvin on Jan 17 at 16:39

Turner's defense has been great.

Agreed just awesome defense by Turner. Did you see him front Diaw? They tried for 10 sec to get him the ball, couldn't.

Yes Dre, yes.

Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 16:37

Iguodala's still got it

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:37

Dre made it but just a bunch of one on one. Lou one on one a couple times, ET with a crossover for a jumper one on one move, now Dre w/ a keeper and pull up from 17 ft one on one. No damn ball movement whatsoever.

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:40

well they did run a pick and roll to force the switch. If you have a mismatch, you attack that one on one, I don't have a problem with that particular possession.

eddies' heady's reply to Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 16:42

eh, i don't really consider a pull up J from beyond the foul line attacking a mismatch.

Pretty good shot when the guy is playing 5 feet off you though.

eddies' heady's reply to Rich on Jan 17 at 16:49

Yeah, splitting hairs here, it was over Kwame which is why he was playing so far off.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, no Titanic collapses here.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:40

So he pulls Lou for Jrue on that defensive possession and we switch it and Jrue holds his own vs Diaw. Thad w/ the steal!

Make these ET, yes he makes both.

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:45

Lou for player of the game again? What a boss.

Court_visioN reply to Court_visioN on Jan 17 at 16:46

my bad, wasn't supposed to be a reply

Turner with two HUGE freebies. Up 4 with 16.8 to go, can they hold on?

This game's a wonderful example of how even if we defend really well, are facing an awful team, and get a brilliant all-around game from Iguodala, it doesn't really matter without offensive talent.

Eh. This is an example of a bad shooting night from Jrue, not much more than that.

Is Turner going to the line for 2? hmmm..

offensive rebound again?

Lou is your player of the game. First of the year.

Alvin reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 16:48

Gotta agree.

He's my least favourite Sixer but he was the best on the court today. Though Brand had a great first half and Iggy was excellent all round.

i think turner is gonna be really good, sooner rather than later.

Alvin reply to joeykey on Jan 17 at 17:00

Can't hurt his confidence. Defensively he's good to have on the court already and some of his rebounding work is stellar.

Hopefully icing this game at the line can give him more confidence in being aggressive on offense.

I like how twice they fouled Turner and twice he knocked down both free throws.

Initially I had flashbacks of the first Washington game when he missed both, but this time he made them.

Alright, Collins opened up another can of worms by not playing Jrue. I don't like it, but who does he take out? I guess Turner? I would have been alright with that.

eddies' heady's on Jan 17 at 16:47

This game has the stench of the MIL game on Fri. night to me, just slightly less of a screwup.

Jrue was orchestrating his tail off those games w/ Dre out and I understand he had a horrendous shooting day, but why Doug is minimizing him is beyond me.

very nice comments about Turner by LouWill. I'm impressed. They seem to be getting along much better, passing to each other a lot, good to see development of a rapport there.

Alvin reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 16:50

missed it, what did he say?

Said ET was huge at the line closing out the game, said it's tough as a rookie, always a roller-coaster ride with confidence going down, great for ET to finish the game.

Alvin reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 16:53

yes it sounds nice, coming from Lou no less.

thanks!

You're welcome. Yeah it was good to see, and LouWill seemed very genuine. I have noticed recently that they pass to each other all the time now (after LouWill literally never passing to him early on) and Lou's comments confirm why, I think. They're developing as a tandem.

Stephen Jackson with a DeMarcus Cousins-esque line. 29 possessions to score 15 points (24 shots + 5 turnovers) and he fouled out.

stud D by Turner?

Jesse reply to Brian on Jan 17 at 16:55

Ha. Thad had his own Cousins impersonation as well.

Without a doubt, my #1 sports betting moment.

I know we ended up with a win here, but Doug coached horribly in the 4th quarter and overtime.

I don't really agree. Lou Will was shooting well in the 2nd half and was the right guy to to go at the end (I'm not a huge fan of Lou and think Doug loves him too much, but he was the right guy in the 4th today). Also, Collins recognized Turner's stalwart D and clutch free throw shooting which played a big part in the win.

Jason reply to stoned81 on Jan 17 at 17:15

I blame DC for all the terrible possessions that resulted in ugly shots in the 4th quarter. Coach needs to teach this team how to finish games. Not ok to take 5 seconds to get up court, then stand around some more, then get into your offense. How many 4th quarters do we need to lose before he gets it?

Blake Griffin having a huge game vs Indiana. 34/12 with 4 mins left in the 3rd.

Sammy has 4 assists in this game so far!

Four!

mfranknba

Iguodala on elbowing Turner: "I let Evan know to have confidence in himself ... I was upset because of how he reacted [to Hawes]."

Tom Moore on Jan 17 at 19:21

I asked Iguodala, Turner and Hawes about play midway through fourth quarter Friday night. Will post later after I write my game story.

Tom Moore on Jan 17 at 19:22

Video: Williams after scoring all 23 points in second half, including key 3-pointer, in victory over Bobcats:

Tom Moore on Jan 17 at 19:33

Iguodala on Friday night incident: "It wasn’t about the shot he did or didn’t take. Spencer (Hawes) wanted him to take it and he didn’t. They were frustrated at each other. I was just letting Evan know to stay confident in himself. I don’t care if he takes the shot or not.

"Evan kind of reacted. I was upset because of how he reacted. You have to stay on an even keel throughout the game. He’s a rookie. Sometimes he has too many guys telling him what to do. I was just letting him know you can’t respond to everybody."

I wonder if Evan would have reacted differently if it wasn't from one of the most useless players on the sixers roster?

Hey Derek - you watch a lot of college ball - is this 'hand up' thing something turner always did back then?

mgfields reply to GoSixers on Jan 17 at 19:40

I'm an Ohio State fan. Evan didn't do the hand up thing in college. He was rarely standing in the corner/weakside as a sophmore and last year played point and had the ball every play.

I knew he had the ball a lot in college - just wondered if when he didn't he had the hand up - curios if it's something he's always done or new (and no it doesn't bother me)