Game 49 Thread: PHI vs. NYK

In the 3 games this week, this is the only game I felt fully confident the sixers would win. I'll be very disappointed if they lose, the knicks roster works to the sixers advantage as they don't really have a center worth playing (and neither do the sixers)
W.Chandler will play for Knicks tonight. Kudos to cleaning crew at 76ers arena. No lingering smell from Wing Bowl.

Via Chris Sheridan - didn't know chandler was an issue

Unsurprisingly Avery Johnson was fined 25K for his conduct in Wednesday's game

Shawne Williams is starting tonight. I guess they will start out playing zone. There is no reason to start Hawes now. Thad should be playing 35+ minutes tonight.

When is there a reason to start hawes?

Yahoo lists turiaf - but it doesn't matter - turiaf isn't really that much of a threat and hawes can't stop amare

True, but at least Turiaf doesn't shoot threes. If Hawes is on Williams, it's going to be a problem. I'll put the over/under for pulling Hawes in the first quarter at 4 minutes and take the under.

Brian thanks for answering my question on The Beat! That was cool, first time I ever listened to it.

Glad you listened and glad you liked it. We'll have another episode next Thursday night.

Probably not many people are thrilled at the later start time - but I know i prefer it :)

9 is actually kind of early for me. Pretty tight deadline for getting the kids down and the wife off to ceramics class.

The Basketball Jones has a podcast on Friday afternoons, today they were talking about Turner getting snubbed from the All Star game. Said he deserved it over Wes Johnson, didn't mention Bledsoe.

Wow, are the Sixers really 4.5 point favorites in this game?

Well in their last 10 at home they are averaging a 3 point margin and the knicks are bad on the road :)

We're off. Hawes wins the tip!

Clyde just said Williams is in the game to defend Brand. Really?

I think Collins likes Brand's matchup.

Clyde just called Brand a superstar.

Two straight steals, 4 points. Nice.

Nice help, Hawes. Ugh.

Meeks for three. Nice find by AI9 across the court.

Brand is really active on the defensive end. Almost got another steal there.

It's really, really hard to beat the Sixers in this type of game. Really hard. Sick start for the Sixers, up 10 after less than five minutes.

what a great start... and then snow's summary nearly ruins it

Ryan F reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 19:18

baaahaha

Ryan F reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 19:19

Could be worse. Pickney could be stumbling over the simplest of expressions right now.

Great start. Just great.

Gotta keep feeding Brand, he could score 40 against this defense, but I fear we will follow the standard trend of completely forgetting he exists in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:19

Man, Dre is going to have a boatload of assists tonight it seems

Hmmn, someone has the score wrong, my guess is MSG.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:19

While maybe not sustainable, we seem to play pretty well in these fast paced, frenetic style of games.

glad to see the sixers live! tomorrow is my free day. Nice start.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:21

EB on fire!

When was the last time a sixer scored 30? Did Lou get 31 recently?

better question, what's the record for assists in a quarter? I think it's 14

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:22

Hawes with the J, another assist for Dre - 8 now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:23

Jo-3! damn

Ugh, corner threes.

On that ugly pass to Hawes, I think Jrue started to throw a lob, then at the last second realized it was Hawes who was rolling off the pick and hadn't really rolled. A couple of questionable passes by Jrue so far. I really like Toney Douglas, and yes, I will continue to say that.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 4 at 19:30

Way back when, I told you that I would have taken even him over Jrue and I don't think you liked it so much :)

Pretty sure you said Marcus Thornton.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 4 at 19:33

Nope, you may be thinking of Wayne Ellington, though.

Yep, good call.

Jesus, 9 assists for Iguodala.

Something I don't get. The Sixers have been killing NY in early offense, so why does Lou slow it down and walk it up after a defensive board? Keep the pressure on.

Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 19:31

Nine assists ties franchise record for a quarter with Cheeks, Johnny Dawkins and Snow.

Record for a half is 13.

Wow Elton.. awesome

Brand has a shot at 20 this quarter. Wow.

Ugh, he had a chance. Oh well, 19 will have to do.

PHI 35, NYK 21 Excellent, excellent quarter. Don't let up.

I have to pat myself on the back for the timing of my SixersBeat question, Brand sure earning max contract tonight!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:35

If Andre and EB could bring it like this, we would be a tough out for anyone in the east.

They have Fields on Lou.

Bad start here. Get your shit together.

Mozgov is lighting it up.

Left work big first quarter lead - get home they're losing and have to read a sentence like that.

That's pathetic

Please someone tell me how are the Knicks above .500 and in playoff contention? They looked absolutely terrible in the first quarter.

Apparently, they're a second quarter team. Not liking this start at all.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:39

Hope the bench can keep the lead up around 10 til EB and Dre come back in.

Bring 'em back in fast!

Run some plays for Thad. Recognize that he's hot.

7 turnovers.

johnrosz on Feb 4 at 19:41

Mo showing why he isn't starting at the 5.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:43

Doug's the damn man. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:45

What the heck was that Jrue?

The three? An ugly shot.

This is not good. I think you need to get Brand back in there, Doug.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:46

I didn't like that Jrue attempted to take on quite a few of Knickerbockers, that was a bad force. Have to correct that as a point.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:47

Come on get EB back in the game sheesh

I believe this is a zone. They need to get back to pushing the ball up the floor.

Starters need to all come back in.

Why did ET get yanked for one bad inbounds pass when Lou and Jrue stay in after multiple bad shots, air balls, and turnovers?

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:49

Shoot, put Hawes back in cause Battie's not getting it done. Not saying Spencer will though. But switch something up.

Spencer played well. Get the ball to Brand!

Talk about night and day.

Mozgov looks like a player right now...

Damn...beating ourselves here

Hawes just lost a 30-yard dash by about 20 yards.

I can only assume Zumoff has said "we're on the see-saw" in the last minute or so.

Jodie for three!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:54

This is odd, we came out running n gunning and scored at will, we've now played halfcourt O for however many minutes and we're getting spanked. Run, run, run. Our players thrive and are more successful when they are allowed to just play basketball - cut, screen, drive, pass. They don't seem to flow as well or are as successful as when they run halfcourt sets.

Oh My God!!! 10 TOs, 7 allowed offensive rebounds in 17 minutes...

Make that 8 ORs for the Knicks. Mozgov has 5.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 19:56

This MFer is tied? ugh

Love replaces Yao in the AS game, btw. If anyone cares.

We're getting no calls. We're being Bavetta'd.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:01

I hope Doug is peeling paint off the wall in the lockerroom at the half. Though he can shoulder some minimal blame himself. EB's legs aren't that tired.

He needs to rip them (or him) a good one for not trying to get early offense. Or did he call for that? Doubting a full game at their pace would result positively.... Sure looked to be working well to me.

Spencer Hawes is just terrible...

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:02

Dre once dominated this game, and just scored his first point. heh

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:03

Box the F out!

We are getting killed in the paint. The Knicks get to the hoop every single time, while the Sixers settle for jump shots. Ugh...

Ugh, foot on the line for Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:04

Run some friggin offense! All this one on one, no movement crap. Move the ball!

Disgusting second quarter. Absolutely disgusting.

PHI 51, NYK 52 after 2. They lost the second 31-15.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:07

Wow, what a tale of two quarters, (and Marc ruins it for me saying the same thing...)

Iguodala has 11 assists and 0 turnovers.

The rest of the team has 6 assists and 10 turnovers.

Any justification at all for ignoring Brand in the 2nd quarter? And was anything more predictable?

Brand sat for 5 minutes and change, can't really fault Collins too much for that. He should've gotten more touches right when he came back in the game.

I don't understand why they started walking the ball up the floor in the second, though. I mean, there were a handful of defensive boards where they could've pushed and instead just walked it up. I don't get it. NY is lazy on defense, push the ball, attack.

The real story is the defensive rebounding (55% Def. Reb. Rate is pitiful) and the turnovers (10).

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:09

Why did they stop playing the Knicks game, which may actually be their game? They were manhandling them at the start.

We will slaughter them playing that up-and-down pace - cause they will take more threes than us and we have more playmakers/distributors.

Couldn't agree more.

Turner must have some tough skin, He makes one mistake and he is gone, other players make a mistake and Collins basically gives the others a pat on the back. Only other player I have seen him do that too is jrue so I guess that's a good thing Collins believes there is another level two both there games, only difference turner getting 15 minutes a game jrue 30

He does it to Speights

Let's see if Doug Collins is a good coach - we'll see how the half time went

Nice move, Hawes.

Going to Hawes - smart coaching

And Amare gets away with a technical

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:24

That should have been a tech or a foul? COme on I know it was Hawes but damn...

RUN DAMN IT RUN

Jrue to the line. Haven't seen nearly enough of that lately.

This game seems very physical and the refs seem slightly ny slanted

I hate you hawes

Hawes is getting bitched out there. Literally, every play I just see him getting thrown around like a rag doll.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:28

Damn EB had Jodie at the arc and didn't immediately send the pass,

Off the o-board?

Damnit, why is Hawes getting more shots?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 4 at 20:34

Yep, the o-board.

There is no 'his shot' when talkingt about Spencer Hawes

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:29

Spencer, if you're gonna take em, then you've got to make em. Pass the ball please.

Don't like that quick jumper by Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:30

Dammit, would'nt have liked that one from Jrue if he had made it.

He gets the assist.

4 minutes in - numerous chances to bench almost everyone - and yet no time out from collins - is this 'tough love'?

This is an awful embarrassing 3-13 type performance

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:31

Jo-3! LEt's go!

Fugly offense.

Jodie three to end the misery.

Defense looks good, need to get better looks on offense.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:32

EB should have attacked him initially, he hesitated and never regrouped. ugh

Lou in for Jrue - let's hope it matters

That's five on Hawes, thank God.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:33

Bye, Spence...thats 5

Spencer - moving is bd if you're trying draw the charge

mgfields on Feb 4 at 20:33

I hate it when Meeks and Lou are in at the same time. Too small, ball doesn't move.

I love hawes expressions after he messes up classic

OMG the Knicks are shutting us down. Unbelievable.

The sixers are shutting themselves down - the offense i've seen since 4 minutes left in the 2nd is embarassing and pathetic. Where's the stuff they ran in the first quarter? Have the knicks adjusted or did the sixers just forget?

Read a rumor this week that Azuibuike (sp?) might be done for his career after that surgery

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:36

Getting to the line might work for Lou, he's got to get going.

Attacking Lou, now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:37

YEAH more of that Dre!

Never really believe in these type of fthings - but the refs seem to be allowing a lot more physicality from the knicks?

Yep, Felton eating Lou's lunch.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:37

And Felton is on fire....

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:38

Keep gettin to that line...

Maybe Lou can swap 3 for 2 every possession.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:39

Catch the damn ball Tony! they get a run-out...ugh

Tony Battie doesn't expect you to pass him the ball

This is atrocious

Fuck me. This is just pitiful.

ESPN needs too hire Walt fraxier as commentator he would give instant credibility too the sack of garbage they got.

I beg to differ. Hiring a guy who uses words cause they sound good but don't work in the context (or don't really exist) doesn't make a network MORE respectable

I'd rather listen to Walton

jeff reply to GoSixers on Feb 4 at 20:44

Yea Walton I agree srry for the repost

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:40

Sorry, after the replay EB made a inexcusable effort on D to stop, or familiarly foul him hard.

So here's the question - did the knicks adjust - did the sixers for get or did the knicks just forget to show up for the first quarter?

I hate seeing all these fucking knicks fans in the crowd. Ugh.

I'm sure they'll be fond to see you at MSG on Sunday ;)

There will be about five sixers fans in attendance.

I have accepted that until this team is really good (and possibly even then they need a super star) people aren't showing up to watch them in philly.

Be glad the knicks fans show up - it helps comcast not go 'low budget'

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:41

Keep drawing contact, they've been in the penalty, lots of time to do it in this quarter. get. to. the. line.

Just knee cap felton

Ugh. Ugh-ly.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:42

SHit, Felton three....come on its getting away from you guys....!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:46

Get em Lou, ugh he missed it.....

Good D and Felton cans another one....f....

Brand is working his ass off on the glass.

Tony Battie should have been benched after his first shot - let alone given another one

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:47

And what do you know, EB's legs look fresh.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:47

Damn, Dickie B, ET stroked that j.....

Is that really bavetta doing this game?

I hate that piece of crap

Oh thad - what are you doing?

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:49

It's frustrating, but they're in this game, do they want it?

Don't worry Zumoff - the sixers are making some kind of a statement - it's just not the one they intended

Lou's shot isn't falling- but Doug wants him to keep shooting I bet

In Russia, all screen is moving screen

And a disgusting third quarter as well.

PHI 73, NYK 82

Iguodala got some rest there at the end of the third, they need him on the floor for the entire fourth and they need to start pushing the ball again if they're going to come back in this game. I'd also put Iguodala on Felton on the defensive end.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:52

Agree, wish they'd push off makes too, they were relentless in early offense, just guys making plays type stuff. Run that two-man with Dre and EB.

Defense seems a bit more feisty early in the 4th than it did the entire 3rd

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:54

Run it Dre!

There you go AI9, push off the miss. Keep doing that.

Eliminate the offensive rebound and that was perfect

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:54

Run it Dre II!

DON'T FUCKING STOP PUSHING THE BALL AFTER THIS TIMEOUT!

Don't stop the aggressive defense either

Let's fucking go.

This game has me drinking way more than usual, the nerves are definitely there. Really want this one

Doug is definitely going to have the flop sweat going tonight.

William got fouled like 3 times there - i hate dick bavetta

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:58

Oh my goodness, great fake by Lou and penetration, he missed it but ended with a crisp pass to Thad. YES!

STOPS!!

Sweet screen by EB. Don't see many of those. Come on, put something together.

Stoudemire is allowed to travel too?

Doug - right here - this is where you kill Jrue HOliday's self confidence

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 20:59

You've got to quickly double Amare, make them beat you from deep.

EB!

Thad - don't shoot that - you don't even think it's going in

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:01

Thad with the cleanup! Play some D!

Come on.

Yeah, thad!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:02

Nice swipe Lou!

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point - I don't care how ugly it is as long as the sixers get points

Bavetta did about 9 rotations on that traveling call

KEEP PUSHING THE BALL!

Damn it lou - that was STUPID (but won't get you benched, don't worry)

Great fucking box out by Thad on Turiaf on the missed three by Felton.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:03

The fuckin' crowd is in it for once!

I'll sure take it, as rare as it is....

Come no Elton - you can beat Turiaf

Stop with the 3's - please

Some great defense is turning into some bad offense guys - stop it with 3's - go at em - they're SOFT

That corner three by Turner was a good shot. The Lou three was dumb. That was an Iverson "big moment" three. Didn't need it, though.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 4 at 21:07

I thought the Lou look was a good one, actually.

I wanted Elton to go at Turiaf 0 he could have drawn a foul at least

Turiaf gone for the rest of the game - sprained ankle

Please keep going to Danilo. That would benefit us greatly.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:07

Make these guys go back home and think about what's coming Sunday. They don't want it as much as you guys do.

Dre 3!

4 on Brand. He's in for the duration, though.

PUSH, PUSH, PUSH.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:09

If Dre keeps looking this agressive since being publicly called point forward, then please keep saying it.

EB with the J!

Thad with the huge charge drawn on Stoudemire. (Realized I've been using too many caps).

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:09

We've got the lead protect the ball.

Dre 3!

andre. iguodala.

Defense is how the sixers got back in the lead - defense

THADDEUS YOUNG, DEFENSIVE ACE

And another charge drawn by Thad.

EB!!!!!!!

wow

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:10

Thad with two huge charges, give him the Marreese Speights award.

EB again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fucking shit what a run.

They can't miss.

A week ago it was an entirely different story on this court

I know it ain't over yet - but what a turn around one week later

When was the last time the Sixers had two guys w/ 15/15 games?

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:12

Can we start taking on the mantra of those slogans they've had for us in the past? Come run with us. Something else similar, can't remember?

We dominate in that up-and-down hard charge.

I hate Amare Stoudemire more than anyone on the planet. Great game.

I found his sudden judiasm irritating but I ddon't have such an issue with him.

Andre - BETTER shots than that

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:13

Btw what an explosion in this quarter? lol

Up 10, just finish guys.

Great fucking close on Danilo by Iguodala on that play. He gets that shot off against anyone else.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:14

Good D, made them shoot a three, low percentage.

Damn Dre.

Jrue for Turner or Lou- put Jrue on Felton

This is the time of game when I want Lou out - it's more about stops than offense right now - that's how I see it - up 10 (8 now) you gotta put your defense in there but then theres the 'go with the ones who brung you theory' no jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:16

EB?

POTG? Gotta be.

Iguodala has been strong in the fourth - a 20/15 game?

The last 15pt/15 board game was 2005 (Webber)

Last 15pt/15 assist game was in 2007 by Iguodala.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:17

YEAH, fast break! Dre with the layin.

Dre w/ the foul. Just run clock and dont give runouts.

Lou can't guard Felton

the knicks however can't really guard anyone

EB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:18

Yeah Lou, give the ball to the new Magic.

EB with the make!

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:19

what. a. game. !.

Free Big Macs for all

And where are that half naked boys parents?

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:20

Come on no 3's!

uh oh . slow down..

OK, work the clock, get a hoop. It's over.

Shit.

REBOUDNING AND DEFENSE GOD DAMN IT

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:22

Shawne Williams huh? Austin Daye-like...

Lou w/ the miss....come on get a stop..

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You have got to be shitting me. And now it's the Lou iso show.

Holy crap.

PHI 100, NYK 98

LUCKY

Felton had an open look at a 3 and passed on it

heart attack

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:23

Wow, Doug had it out for Bavetta didn't he? He was serious.

Lou Williams: horrible crunch time player, or WORLD'S MOST horrible crunch time player?

Lousy defender - should have been out of the game much earlier - once the sixers got the lead.

Thank fucking God.

Thanks.

Anyone else yelling at their screen at Lou?

WOW!!! Close win, who would've thought that could happen.

Anyway, here's a debate POTG Brand or Iguodala? I guess i'd go with Brand but it's close.

Only the Sixers would almost lose that game. The Louis isolation show is going to cost us a chance at winning the first-round series, I fear.

That was actually a hell of a game. Felt like the playoffs almost.

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:26

Big, big win. What effort - outstanding.

Enjoyed it guys, good thread. Wish they could all be like this. Just win. It had it's moments, but still gutsy as hell, they were getting their asses handed to them in that third, and then just suddenly stormed back. Dre looks like a different animal. phew, he's nasty

Haha let's thank Shawne Williams for passing up an open 3 for a contested floater.

Ryan F reply to Rich on Feb 4 at 22:08

eddies' heady's on Feb 4 at 21:30

Playoffs was mentioned, and that's how it felt to me. That was a good start to end basketball game. Lots of jockeying going on by the two teams and coaches.

Planted a seed of doubt for sure. They're gonna get some more just on Sunday. ha

Good mettle down the stretch. Dre does need the ball, it seems.

Great job by Thad on that last play sliding over to help with Amare rolling to the basket and then hustling to run Williams off the 3pt line.

Charlie H on Feb 4 at 21:33

Awesome thread guys

Just realized Dre had 0 turnovers. That's ridiculous.

Watching Doug try to contain his excitement in this presser is hilarious

eddies' heady's reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 21:37

Hope Collins doesn't mention his disdain for Bavetta at the end there. He might get fined if he does.

Charlie H reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 21:40

tell me more

yes, 16 & 0 is pretty rare

Collins making a lot of good comments... talking about how they didn't change game plan at all throughout the game, just told the guys to be more aggressive.

Also discussing the difference in the locker room. The guys communicate way more than the beginning of the season (god did EJ screw up some of their heads).

Good quotes from Collins all-around...

also says the won't change game plan for Sunday

Nothing regarding the refs at all, done

eddies' heady's reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 23:00

Glad he didn't go there, and said the bit about the same gameplan. Thanks.

Charlie H reply to T McL on Feb 4 at 21:49

I like what I'm hearing, but what was that between the 1st & 2nd qtrs? I didn't see the game, but they just fell flat after a great 1st, and everybody's saying they went away from the running game and settled for shots and got killed on the boards. But the game plan didn't change?

I guess D'Antoni made some good adjustments.

Scapegoat on Feb 4 at 21:43

79 players had a 15Ass. and 0 TO game, 45 a 16 and 0 and only 12 players an 18/16/4 and 0 TO game.

Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 22:17

Video: Brand following monster game in win over Knicks:

And there you go - one of the most powerful women in professional sports (and the most powerful woman in the NBA working for a misogynist father) is about to embarrass herself

Los Angeles Lakers exec Jeanie Buss -- arguably the most powerful woman in sports -- is in talks to join the cast of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" ... TMZ has learned. Sources connected to the production confirm Buss -- who's dating Lakers head coach Phil Jackson -- met with casting executives recently. In fact, producers went to a recent Lakers game to "observe" Jeanie's daily routine. Buss currently serves as the Executive Vice President of Business Operations for the storied NBA franchise -- which is owned by her father Jerry Bus

I was reading the game thread over at a pretty good knicks blog and this was posted - pre game

Anyone else absolutely sick to death of the opposing team almost constantly coming out of the gate shooting about 70% or better in the first 6 mins of hte ballgame due to our utterly atrocious interior D (really just D in general)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the knicks really that bad in the first quarter?

This one made me laugh

Repeat after me, Knicks – do not go for Lou Williams head fakes, do not go for Lou Williams head fakes.

Closer to the end of the game

lol this could be the season, i don’t know how can u recover from this

Just a week ago - some people here felt the same way :)

Yup. Once Philly got the lead, their PBP guy and Eric Snow revealed themselves to be homers of the worst kind. The PBP guy was orgasming on live television every time Brand made a shot.

Yes, cause the MSG dudes are always so unbiased :)

All I can say is that my eyes have seen the coming of the point forwapocalypse. With Iguodala throwing up 16-assist nights, the Jruth's development is getting hindered in a major way. Clearly this must stop. The winning (and the wackness) must cease. I say we heed the wisdom of a truly True (Jrue?) Phan and do a sign-and-trade for Greg Oden. Health is the only thing holding back this prototypical East Coast center from greatness. Or did you not see his dominant college performances? The Jruth, the Villain (another player who's totally proven his star credential in meaningful Big 10 games) and the Odenator will be an unstoppable trio of mad East Coast Basketball skillz.

You've been drinking?

Tray reply to GoSixers on Feb 4 at 22:34

No, like I said I went to see a very early talkie. I just thought this game was sort of a mockery of the "Jrue's going to get marginalized" fears - I mean, maybe on a given night it will happen, but you can't really argue with these results.

You're right, Jrue didn't get margainalized at all, what with zero minutes in the fourth quarter.

WHat you're guilty of tray is short term thinking, which is not surprising, you often are amazed by a player only because of one game and totally change your opinion on something because of that one game.

Small Sample Size learn what it means

You're one of those believe everything doug collins says folks - and doug said that while they said it it wasn't going to change much - and yet Jrue sat for the entire fourth tonight - including you know after they got the lead and lou williams couldn't stop ray felton (fortunately for the knicks, they didn't care that much)

Think long term Tray - try it - just once - it'll even make you a better lawyer probably - beating the knicks tonight means nothing in terms of winning a title - they aren't going to do it this year and Jrue was basically in Siberia and Collins is establishing his favorites...and Jrue might not be on that list...think about how that might affect his own belief in himself if his coach decides the short shoot happy can't defend anyone 'point guard' is a better option even when you're up 10 in the fourth.

Tray reply to GoSixers on Feb 4 at 22:46

No, I don't believe everything Doug Collins says. Now, certainly if Jrue didn't play the whole fourth quarter instead of Lou (something which I didn't know, didn't see the game), that's idiotic, but I would distinguish that from using Iguodala to initiate the offense. The one is bad for Jrue - how can he learn without playing the fourth quarters of close games - and bad for the team, while the other helps the team win and isn't, I don't think, such a pronounced strategy to the point where Jrue's not really our point guard anymore. It's not like Iguodala is playing a LeBron role and Jrue all of a sudden is Mario Chalmers, he still is very much our point guard, as you saw in the last game. And at this point - while I always used to want to tank (speaking of short term, you have short term memory problems if you think I'm a win now kind of guy), at this point I think it probably helps the team to instill a winning culture, even if it means the slight curtailing of some of the younger players' roles. The fact of the matter is, we simply don't have enough veterans to marginalize our young players, even if we really wanted to.

(something which I didn't know, didn't see the game

Which, if I"m not wrong, is usually the case isn't it?

You don't see the games - and for some reason you don't even watch wizards games to at least get some basketball

Tray reply to GoSixers on Feb 4 at 22:57

I watch lots of games on League Pass. Wizards games are blocked and I'm usually at the law school at 7 when they're on, toggling between the game and homework. I think I watch a majority of the Sixers games, couldn't give you the exact percentage. Today, however, I saw a movie instead. But maybe I'll watch the recording of the game just to please you!

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Feb 4 at 22:52

Your last sentence is a thing of beaut....yes it is..

eddies' heady's reply to GoSixers on Feb 4 at 22:49

Chill with the conspiracy theories, and enjoy it.

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Feb 4 at 22:57

Just read this, mockery is poignant. Exactly as I felt, Doug is a blossoming genius, the commentating has hipped him to the different game than when he last coached. He's using Andre properly it appears. So effective, and involved.

Obviously it's the best use of Andre. I think Lou in isos is misguided, but at least it reveals a relative understanding of what our players' talents are that previous coaches lacked; before Collins, everybody was trying to turn Iguodala into some kind of #1 option/game-closer. And trying to turn Lou into a point guard. Now we have a coach who understands that Iguodala's a distributor and Lou's a scorer, not a passer. He's even gotten a lot out of Brand, and Thad.

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Feb 4 at 23:07

Understated. Although I'd argue against Lou being misguided in isos. I mean, what else it he good for, particularly if he gets to the line. He really is the best option for isos, no matter how successful.

Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 22:37

Video: Thaddeus Young after Sixers hold on to beat Knicks:

Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 22:46

PLEASE USE THIS LINK: LAST ONE WAS BAD. SORRY.

Video: Thaddeus Young after Sixers hold on to beat Knicks:

Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 23:02

Iguodala info:

Since the Sixers began keeping individual statistics in 1977-78, no Sixer had had 16 assists with no turnovers. Iguodala is also the third NBA player this season with at least 15 assists and no turnovers (joining the Celtics’ Rajon Rondo and the Jazz’s Deron Williams) and the 12th to do it dating back to 2000-01.

Over the last five games, he has 41 assists and 6 turnovers.

eddies' heady's reply to Tom Moore on Feb 4 at 23:19

Point-forward he is. L'il Magic.

Wow, I was so wrapped up in the game I didn't really take a close look at the box score. Lou was 3/14 for 9 points. The funny thing is that I didn't have a problem with Collins leaving him in for most of the fourth quarter. Once the lead hit double-digits, though, he probably should've gotten him out of there.

So the website has been down for me since right before the game ended pretty much.

Am I the only one?

Not sure I have anything insightful to add. I'd rather have Brand and his contract than Amare and his.

Really? No, I haven't had any problems. Let me know if it happens again.

Joe reply to Brian on Feb 5 at 0:32

Yeah,

I got a 404. All my other websites were working fine.

When I went to the main page, it was just blank.

I've been messing with my OS and browsers all day, so it could have been on my end.

I figured you had a server crash from the flood of people accessing your website or something.

Story: Brand, Iguodala help Sixers outlast Knicks:

Hmmm it sure looks like Kate is now a believer...or at least is trying to turn her readers into believers: http://tinyurl.com/6fz58lv