Any More Jockeying?

I want Boston because if the 76ers play their game and wear the Celtics out with their speed they can beat Boston. I'm sure either way the 76ers have their hands full with all the superstars on both teams, but they should have some confidence against Boston having beat them. With Miami it's more difficult, but they played them tight. I just think the 76ers are too in awe of the Wade-LBJ-Bosh combo.

Story: Williams' hamstring 'feeling good':

I would like to see Boston in the first. Not because I think we have a stronger possibility of beating them, which we might. I just wasn't alive during the battles these teams had that make me inherently hate the Celtics. Not that a first round match up between us and them would somehow be like Chamberlain and Russell. The 76ers and Celtics are forever bound in basketball history, and we've only had a playoff match up with them once in the last 25 years. It's overdue.

I also think a Miami Vs New York match up is a perfect scenario. Wade/Diva/Diva Vs. Diva/Diva/Turiaf is made for TV entertainment. The circus that would ensue might even grab me a bit.

Blog: Sixers starting to think about playoffs:

Iguodala is out tonight to rest the knee. I think we need to root for Boston to win and Miami to lose if we want Boston in the first round, now.

tk76 reply to Brian on Apr 11 at 12:32

Given the results, sounds like they should have rested him a whole lot earlier. Its not as if his hobbled presence helped much in the W/L column this past week. But of course that is hindsight.

tk76 reply to Brian on Apr 11 at 12:38

So definitely 30+ of Turner. I hope he builds on his recent improvement.

BTW, quickly pulled so painful looking ET stats. Looks at the 64 NBA players age 21-23 who play 15+ minutes per game:

Min/game: 39th
USG%: 48th
ORTG: 52nd
DRTG: 15th
Asst: 23rd
Stl: 46th

tk76 reply to tk76 on Apr 11 at 12:40

The only huge problem with the TS% and eFG%. He is bottom 5% in the NBA.

The eFG is always going to be pretty low for a perimeter guy who doesn't shoot the three well. The TS% is the concern, and that's only going to really go up if he starts getting to the line consistently and hits a good rate (currently 80%). Of course if he adds a three-point shot and increases getting to the line, then they'll skyrocket.

I really don't know what to expect from this summer. If they completely change his jumper, is he going to be able to master the new mechanics with a couple of months of work? Will it be repeatable in the first season with it? Will he be better with the new mechanics than he was w/ the mechanics he used his whole life? What if it winds up making the jumper worse?

It's an iffy proposition and I guess it kind of makes you wish he had better coaching somewhere along the line so he didn't have 15 years of muscle-memory to fix.

tk76 reply to Brian on Apr 11 at 12:58

I think the even bigger question for next season is his role. if Lou/Jrue/Iguodala are all still here I don't see Turner having the ball in his hands enough to be an effective contributor.

The two are hand-in-hand. If he "fixes" his jumper, and it's consistent, he shouldn't "need" the ball in his hands to be a bigger contributor.

Personally, I think he should be the ballhandler when Jrue is out of the game. Lou can play that role, but that doesn't mean he should.

In rookieland, Cousins had a classic Cousins game: 15 on 10 shots, 13 and 5, but 7 turnovers and 6 fouls. Davis with 18, 8 and 3 blocks, 9-14.

In the MVP race, Miami's home crowd was chanting "MVP" when Dwyane Wade went to the FT line. Silent when LBJ was there later in the game.

Tray reply to Brian on Apr 11 at 12:10

They're confused. But yeah, I mean, Wade's a better player than Rose too.

tk76 reply to Tray on Apr 11 at 12:33

"Real" Heat fans should have a stronger affinity for Wade.

Tray reply to tk76 on Apr 11 at 14:37

Obviously, as evidenced by the fact that LeBron had about twice as good a game and the fans were still saying MVP for the wrong guy.