Your Guess is As Good As Mine

Skipping my night class for this one. I think we all feel it's going to be one way, but you never know.

In any case, it's great that we get to watch 48 minutes of basketball. On Friday I would have thought there was no shot.

If we somehow manage to win this game, I guarantee you we'll be right in the heads of the Miami Heat.

johnrosz on Apr 27 at 15:26

Just out of curiosity, what was LeBron's breakfast quote?

RT @MiamiHeraldHeat: LeBron calls closing out Sixers "finishing our breakfast."

johnrosz reply to Brian on Apr 27 at 15:37

Haha. Hopefully they find a way to give him some indigestion tonight

Hope he doesn't forget to wash D-Wade's dishes when he's done.

Yes I can't wait, this is so exciting. Let the players give everything out on the floor.

Yea and what was LeBron's quote?

I'm once again oddly optimistic for this game, I really think it goes back to philly.

tk76 reply to Jason on Apr 27 at 16:23

I worry that Miami will jump out to a big lead in this one, and then it would be the Sixers clawing uphill all night.

Sixers must have another terrific start (like Games 1, 3 and 4). Rebounding and free throws will also be telling.

I was trying to think what it would take for there to be actual Sixers coverage nationally. I don't think winning would be enough. the stories would still be 100% about the heat, and what they were doing wrong.

IMO the only way the Sixers themselves ever become a story is if the one of the Sixer players went off for 30+ points in a win. Because the only thing that draws attention when you are an unknown is scoring. Given the team structure I don't see that happening... but it sure would be niuce to see someone like Jrue explode for 30.

Do you mean if the Sixers were to win tonight, how would they be more than just a sidenote in the "Heat choke" stories?

Yeah, a big time scorer would probably do it. Maybe they could do it defensively, if they made a bunch of spectacular plays, like blocking a couple of LeBron dunks. The other way is to be "scrappy." Like if the story became about how they knocked Wade on his ass a handful of times and suddenly Wade was afraid to go in the lane. That last one is a long shot, though.

tk76 reply to Brian on Apr 27 at 16:38

Yeah, a fight would probably do it. But honestly, other than one guy putting up a huge offensive display for multiple games there is no coverage that will be about the Sixers. It's just an unfortunate reality,

On the flip side, if there was one Sixer who scored 30+ in multiple wins, then that guy would immediately receive the media hype train treatment all next year. Sort of like Ben Gordon after the Bulls went toe to toe with the celtics. It actually took a few years for the media to realize he was nothing special.

jkay reply to tk76 on Apr 27 at 16:50

you guys are getting greedy. we should be grateful for the spotlight we get from being allowed to play the Miami Heat.
it's enough that we even made TNT and ABC.
It could be worse. Magic-Hawks series is practically blacked out while an 8 seed is upsetting a #1 seed in dominating fashion, in total obscurity.
Or we could end up like Indiana and have half our home games filled with rabid bulls fans. (I guess proximity is the factor there)

Tray reply to Brian on Apr 27 at 16:52

Actually, if this had been a competitive series, rather than a series of blowouts, dominating runs, and Heat highlights, there would be coverage of us, just like there was a lot of positive coverage of the Pacers. But when you're thoroughly outclassed in every game, including the one we won, where we were on the receiving end of one of the more dominant quarters of basketball you'll ever see, people don't have much to say about you. That said, commentators have been very complimentary about Jrue's series, as they should be. And there's been some mention of Turner here and there. Other than that, there hasn't been much to talk about.

As for LeBron, I think there's a huge difference between the pressure involved in playing a recent NBA Finals winner, loaded with Hall of Famers, and playing a team that would be in the lottery in the other conference. Outside of that series, I can't recall a playoff in which he came close to choking. He didn't win the Orlando series, but he played brilliantly in it. I'm sure there will be no mental collapse.

tk76 reply to Tray on Apr 27 at 16:57

I'm not saying that the coverage is unfair. The Heat are the story, and that is just a fact.

I'm more wondering what type of superhuman effort would be required to actually move the needle a bit and generate some national buzz.

tk76 reply to tk76 on Apr 27 at 16:58

I honestly believe that if the Sixers won this series without a dominant performer then the next round would be identical in terms of media spotlight. There would be zero discussion of the Sixers.

You really are a jackass sometimes.

Game 1: Sixers down by 3 with 1:23 left.
Game 2: Blowout
Game 3: Sixers down by 4 with 0:43 left.
Game 4: Sixers win by 4, hold Miami to 82 points.

Somehow you turn that into 3 blowouts and one win that for some reason doesn't count because Miami had a good run in the second quarter.

And I'd say the most dominating run of this series was the Sixers 10-0 run to win game four. Miami's second quarter in game 4 was no more impressive than several first quarter runs the Sixers have had in this series.

tk76 reply to Brian on Apr 27 at 18:28

Hah, I wrote the exact same response to someone at realgm. Check the link:

Sometimes?

Some specialists say that personal loans aid people to live the way they want, because they are able to feel free to buy needed goods. Moreover, some banks offer college loan for all people.