What Would A Lost Year Look Like?

I honestly don't think that if the entire season is lost that more high profile players won't play overseas. I don't think it's about money with some of these guys. If you follow twitter, there is a lot of emphasis on summer leagues and pick up games. There are players who just love the competition. Some of them don't want to go a season without the publicity or without being in the public eye. Some players have a brand to sell.

There are so many negatives in that first sentence I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. You mean a bunch of players will go to Europe to play because they love to compete so much? I don't know a ton about the Euro leagues, but I believe there's a time constraint on these guys right now because there's a finite number of roster spots.

eddies' heady's on Jul 12 at 9:34

This is why college basketball is so great, to me. It's, for the most part, still a kid's game. Season or no season from these greedy's, college ball will tip off at the end of October so I could care less what these guys do. It's all downright silly to me when these work stoppages occur when you go back and think about how much Dr. J and players from his era were making and they happily played with no complaints.

College Basketball is very much a game about money. College Football even more so. Just because the players are not getting the money (directly from schools) does not lessen how much it drives the game.

You should probably qualify that most players aren't getting the money. Or players at most schools aren't getting the money.

eddies' heady's reply to tk76 on Jul 12 at 22:04

Sure, that's why I injected 'for the most part'. And of course it drives the game, but in college it doesn't stop it. That's why I said it's still a kid's game even though it is really big business.

Though you could argue that the kids drive it because without them committing to these schools there would be no big money being thrown around and made.

I agree that the current players are being ridiculous when you consider what Dr. J played for.

I disagree about college basketball, it's hard to find a more boring sport in my opinion.

The average NBA player makes around 3.4 million according to InsideHoops. Right now the players can be stubborn regarding the labor situation because they're not losing anything. If 25 games get cut from the season the average player will lose around 1 million in salary. By then they should start making concessions.

One year lost out of Lebron, Wade and Bosh's prime.

THIS! Now if only V8 and 00 would spend the entire lockout season learning how to rebound...

Fred reply to das411 on Jul 12 at 14:29

I don't think it would make much of a difference anyway.

sober81 reply to das411 on Jul 12 at 14:34

V8 is a great nickname. :)

From Twitter:

Andre Iguodala-
@TeamLou23 when is camp, sorry my memory sucks(no rainbow)...

Lou Williams-
@mindofAI9 Monday through Thursday

Andre Iguodala-
@TeamLou23 there's 4 Monday thru Thursday's this month guy! Could u b a tad bit more specific??

Lou Williams-
@mindofAI9 18-22

Lou Williams-
@mindofAI9 what day u coming?

Andre Iguodala-
@TeamLou23 and if I had more followers I prolly get grief for that "no rainbow" comment, but I'll have fun with the low count for now!

Lou Williams-
@mindofAI9 yea. It won't be long

Andre Iguodala-
@TeamLou23 I can speak on 21st or 22nd. Whichever is better for u

Lou Williams-
@mindofAI9 cool. We trying to workout that week too.

Andre Iguodala-
@TeamLou23 geez bro! Way to tell me now!

Andre Iguodala-
#questionoftheday why do athletes who have each others number have twitter convos?

maybe this is why:

TeamLou23

@thekidet just now. Both of them
Monday, July 11, 2011 1:30:42 PMvia Echofonin reply to thekidet
thekidet

@TeamLou23 negro when u call my phone????????
Monday, July 11, 2011 1:28:58 PMvia Twitter for iPhonein reply to TeamLou23

TeamLou23

@thekidet Dawg, if I call your phones again and no answer. It's gonna be an issue
Monday, July 11, 2011 1:21:00 PMvia Echofon

LOL that is some funny ish