Turner Could Shake Up the Rotation

eddies' heady's on Jul 28 at 8:49

Hell of a post. Thank goodness I didn't say it.

The Greek on Jul 28 at 20:13

I will go out on a limb and predict that ET has a better career then Iggy IMO.

The answer to your prediction will not be known for many years.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but it isn't really going out on a limb because there are no repercussions IMO. I think that documenting your position in measurable, more short term ways is far more risky on a message board like this.

The Greek reply to Joe on Jul 29 at 2:03

Speaking against Igoudala is risky on this board.

Jeff reply to The Greek on Jul 29 at 10:26

You mean speaking against him with a poor argument is risky.

The Greek reply to Jeff on Jul 29 at 10:54

To which I didn't.

The Greek reply to Jeff on Jul 29 at 10:57

To which I didn't.

The Greek reply to The Greek on Jul 29 at 11:00

Sorry for the double reply, don't know how it happened. Maybe being 5500 miles away is playing tricks on me.

I miss basketball!

I think Turner deserved more minutes than he got last year, mainly because there were many times he got removed for missing one shot, or making one turnover. Other guys didn't get such a hook. I disagree with your saying he was outplayed by other guys. He was just treated differently. The Doug Collins rookie way.

To your question, I'm happy for Turner to take minutes from both Lou and Meeks. Although honestly I'd rather have almost anyone in the NBA take minutes from both Lou and Meeks.

HendrikDB reply to stoned81 on Jul 29 at 6:52

Yep, I totally agree. BUT I'm sure this will make ET stronger. Yeah, Doug can make or break rookies but those who survive his way of handling things become great players. Rarely I have seen such a skill set in player, now that he's dedicated to working on his shot I'm sure he'll be ok. JKidd only started working on his 3s the last past years and it got him a championship, ET works on his shot now so I still believe ET can do it. Once he starts knocking down open looks, his drive will become extremely dangerous.

I agree, ET is going to be a special player. I love his all-around game and he made major shooting improvements even during his rookie season. Was throwing it down at a 48% clip (and ended the year making 7 of 9 threes) the last couple months of the season.

Fred from the Boardwalk.... on Jul 29 at 0:25

Posted by Ben Golliver.

Managing an NBA roster is an intricate task.

So many factors must be considered. First, and foremost, you must acquire top-level talent, handing out the big dollars to players that have earned it. You must avoid the risks that go with overpaying average talent, questionable characters and players who are past their prime or dealing with injuries. You must also create a balance based on positions and skillsets so as to avoid redundancy. Of course, there's the critical issue of timing, too. To create sustained success and a potential championship window, it helps to have your best players aging at the same time so that they will be locked into contracts for a similar duration.

With so many complication factors and with the fate of a franchise tied so closely to the health and contract statuses of its best players, it's no wonder we see such a wide range of quality when we assess the rosters around the league. But who, really, is in the best shape right now? And, conversely, whose roster is the worst?

To answer that question, try this hypothetical: If you were a new NBA owner in an undisclosed location granted the ability to poach an entire roster from a current team -- taking with you all of the players and their contracts, but not the coaching and management staffs -- who would you take? What would your list look like?

Here's one unscientific crack at that hypothetical, a ranking of the NBA's thirty rosters from worst to first. Included with each team are its key assets (stars, emerging stars on rookie deals, good players on reasonable contracts), its key anchors (bad contracts, ill-fitting pieces, aging stars who are owed more future money than they will be worth) and questions (free agency decisions, problems with roster construction). Remember, this ranking is for right now, not last season or next season, although the future -- both long-term and short-term -- obviously plays a factor in determining the desireability of a roster.

14. Philadelphia 76ers

Assets: Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic, Andres Nocioni's expiring contract

Anchors: None

Questions: Chemistry, future of Thaddeus Young

Analysis: The mix of young players and veterans doesn't quite feel right but the lack of any behemoth contracts and quality young talent makes this a promising group, especially because the Sixers hold a 2012-2013 team option on Nocioni, their worst current contract from a value standpoint. Iguodala and Brand command the big salaries and are still productive but either or both could be moved if necessary. Assuming Young is retained, a core of Young/Holiday/Turner isn't great but it's not terrible, either, especially if younger parts were obtained in exchange for Iguodala or Brand. Turner is clearly the X-factor for this group's long-term potential, which could be a bit scary.

Jrue is a future anchor, can't they project that or are they haters.

You're so jaded it's tough to tell if you're just an idiot and don't know what they mean by "anchors" or if you're saying you think they're going to sign Jrue for too much money.

The Greek reply to Brian on Jul 29 at 12:38

An Idiot? That's harsh Brian, more like a die hard sixers fan who believes or at least wants to believe that Jrue will be a dream teamer/superstar.

Then you still don't get what they're saying. Anchor is a contract that's holding the team down.

The Greek reply to Brian on Jul 29 at 12:59

Then your right, I misunderstood the whole damn thing. It's my fiances fault, I only have time to skim articles these days instead of reading them. My bad

It is kind of confusing. I often think of a "veteran anchor" as the guy who carries the team on his back. In a contract context, I guess an anchor weighs you down, but "anchor" can be used in a positive way as the guy who keeps the ship stable.

ELF reply to stoned81 on Jul 29 at 15:32

point

The Greek reply to stoned81 on Jul 30 at 3:58

Your right stoned, that's what I thought as well when I read it. It's usually used to describe an ace Pitcher in baseball.

Thanks for the guidelines shared in your blog. One more thing I would like to convey is that losing weight is not about going on a dietary fads and trying to shed as much weight as you’re able in a few months. The most effective way to shed weight is by taking it bit by bit and obeying some basic guidelines which can provide help to make the most through your attempt to drop some weight. You may know and be following many of these tips, nevertheless reinforcing information never hurts. ugg boots