Welcome To the Party, Jodie

Ryan F on Jan 7 at 7:00

I really hate how the casual fans boo Igoudala, and let everyone in ear shot of me, who was doing so, know it last night. Almost every time he touched the ball, he was heckled by a bunch of losers. Embarrasses me as a fan of this team.

All the hype from new ownership about the new show, was just that. The experience was hardly different, other than them actually beating a team they were supposed to when I was at the game. Really didn't notice any significant changes to the presentation or the experience, other than the bunny being mia. Fairly disappointed. Not sure what I actually expected, but whatever it was, it wasn't.

Mike reply to Ryan F on Jan 7 at 8:08

did they do anything different during timeouts and breaks? what was the halftime show?

Ryan F reply to Mike on Jan 7 at 8:59

Nothing noticeable, aside from the new announcer, the video of the PHO during the NA, and the new video montage. Same songs, same gimmicks. Tshirts in the crowd, kiss cam, the hare raisers doing back flips. Same stuff.

There was a different feeling amongst the crowd, but it wasn't influenced by the arena. Normally I go to 5-10 home games a year, and for the better part of the last decade there had been an almost apathetic feeling in the stadium. Like 7k zombies who lost a bet or were dragged to the game, last night felt different. People seemed exited to be there. The least amount of old Iverson
jerseys I've seen since he left. It was refreshing.

Mike reply to Ryan F on Jan 7 at 9:59

ha zombies who lost a bet is a good way to describe it

Im sure there are some people who know basketball that boo Iguodala too.

Ryan F reply to KellyDad on Jan 7 at 11:45

Sorry, it was an assumption. I would assume that anyone who knew anything about the game wouldn't chastise a player who has contributed so greatly to this team, almost purely just for the sake of doing so. He was getting boo'd from the moment he touched the ball.

They're idiots, but they paid their money. Keep going to the games and boo whoever you want, imo you buy the right to be a moron in public when you purchase the ticket.

The fans treatment of Iguodala, rather they be casual or knowledged fans, is something I will never understand. Even if the guy isn't the player you expected him to be he has never done anything to hurt the team on or off the court.

Dwight reply to Ryan F on Jan 7 at 13:42

You can't tell me you wouldn't boo Iguodala in that game. He made maddeningly frustrating decisions on offense. It's very annoying to watch as a fan. When you have players like Meeks, Turner, and Thad who are diving at loose balls and making sound decisions on offense, then you have Iggy who turns the ball over and doesn't hustle back on defense, then he stands out. He continues to do things like this, which is why he is clearly not a fan favorite.

Yeah, he's a real dog out there. No hustle whatsoever.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 7 at 18:28

You can't tell me that you enjoy watching Iggy not get back on defense because he's busy arguing a call.

So you don't enjoy his great defense or that alley oop dunk in the hornets game - i mean if we're picking and choosing the moments that define who and what a player is huh?

A player is defined by the entirety of their game - intelligent people get that

Hmm...so we only evaluate players one game at a time? Thaddeus Young has made numerous 'not smart' decisions this year (every jumper he takes)

Thing is the casual fan will look at Iguodala's stats during the season and think that he isn't a good/effective player. That will watch a game and only notice when Iguodala misses a three pointer. Thing is Iguodala is best at doing the small things that don't show up in the boxscore.

I definetly think booing Iguodala is the wrong reaction but I think it's totally fair for fans to expect him to start making more big plays than he has.

This is true if the only column in the box scores people can comprehend is points scored.

anyone know why tonight's game is at 8pm instead of the usual 7? just curious.

Ryan F reply to Mike on Jan 7 at 9:00

Think there is an early Flyers game.

Ryan F reply to Mike on Jan 7 at 9:01

Think there is an early Flyers game.

Andrew Saltz on Jan 7 at 9:02

Brand + Iggy = 3/13 for 9 points, 8 boards and 5 assists.

Good news: Other than M33ks, none of the young guys are playing over their head (maybe Hawes). If Iggy and Brand can merely return to their career averages, we'll see a lot more production.

Pistons were 0/10 from downtown (normally shoot a terrible 31%, not sure why the Sixers were making an effort to chase them off the arc)

Pierce with an uncharacteristic 3-17 in home loss to Pacers; 5 TOs too. Celts 25 pts H1. Some "Gahdin poddy."

1) 1st home game after the Hip Hop era...
2) I watched the game on Int'l LP and I wasn't sure those were actual boos until I read Brian's post. As far as I remember it's the first time that Igoudala gets booed, am I missing something?
3) nice W and it's good to have Meex back, coz I agree that he deserves the right spot in the rotation but I'd still make LW or ET start
4) looks like Brand's legs are really an issue, I'm afraid with this packed schedule it can get worse... too pessimistic?

- I felt like it was a dumb decision on Collin's part to have Meeks start the 4th. He was shooting well, while ET was having a good game on the other end.

- "Even Stevie Wonder saw that" or "Negrodomus" I don't know which one was Malik's finest talking points.

- Vucevic had 6 points and 2 rebounds in 2.78 minutes. That's 103 points and 35 rebounds if he had played the whole game. I think your preconceived notions of Vuce were wrong, Brian.

- Jump shooting is going to be a very important part of Turner's game. I can see him being a Paul Peirce type player.

- Brand has been awful. He's been OK defensively. Part of me thinks that EB is going to get much better as the season progresses.

South Broad on Jan 7 at 11:41

Is there some type of failure to come to an agreement between Comcast Philly and DirecTV? Being the reason they have only shown away teams' coverage so far? They show other Comcast coverage from other regions of the country on league pass and have other Comcast stations available on just the regular sports pass but not CSN Philly. Just wondering if this could be season long because of some corporate wrangling.

Not sure. In years prior to last year, Time Warner almost never showed the Sixers broadcast, but something definitely changed last season, because I get the Sixers' guys more often than not now.