Will be in section 201.. Hope they cruise so the hangover is worth it tomorrow

Im looking to see how Collins uses Turner tonight.

Anyone know where I can stream the game for free?

Dwight reply to Grant on Jan 10 at 18:04

firstrowsports.com

they have every sport and multiple links to each game

greatest website in the world

Stan reply to Dwight on Jan 10 at 18:09

Good to know. I have a 7-9pm class tomorrow. I guess I'll be taking notes on my laptop tomorrow :)

Have a bad feeling about this one.

We even got some Wilbon love on PTI. Best I've felt about being a Sixers fan in a decade.

@KBergCBS: With Marcus Thornton out, Jimmer Fredette gets his first career start tonight for the Kings in Philly. Glad I made the trip.

whos better defensively meeks or jimmer?

Meeks

If I had to guess I would say Jimmer, based solely on his height and athleticism. I don't watch college bball so tonight is the first time I'll see Jimmer play.

2 things on jimmer
hes bad on defense and he will shoot from anywhere

Thanks Dwight, appreciate it.

I am really looking forward to tonight's game. Hard to follow the Sixers since moving out of Philly.

I live in santa barbara, follow em fine - my dvr works awesome and by the time i get home i can watch the game without having to sit through commercials usually

Dwight reply to Grant on Jan 10 at 18:41

Yeah, same here. I just recently moved out of Philly.

Thornton out is great news. He has erupted against the Sixers in the past so i was afraid of him the most.

Tomorrow, people will be saying the win doesn't count because Thornton was out.

Ryan F reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 18:50

I have a feeling that tomorrow everyone will be saying that this team sucks because they were beat by the Kings without Thorton...

Too many positive things surrounding the team right now for it all not to start crumbling down.

I'm hoping Collins has banned all forms of media consumption.

I hope that the players ignore the media - as players should - media is for the fan - not the player...if they are listening to the media that's a different problem

Ryan F reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 18:50

Court_visioN on Jan 10 at 18:48

can't catch this game live but here's hoping the sixers win big and win early

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 18:50

Thornton out? wow, the stars really do align, huh?

Anyone planning on going to the day game next Monday?

There today, friday, and next wed, but will miss Monday's game.

How is your boy Bizmack doing?

Pretty much as well as can be expected less than 10 games in.

Havent seem or heard much of him so far.

That's pretty much what you should've expected. He's a couple years away. He's playing little, not doing anything on offense, playing great defense/blocking shots. foul prone.

I expected him to play more simply because of the team and his defensive specialty. Plus the fact that he would be inshape from playing overseas.

Tray reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 21:26

I think confused on defensive rotations but capable of defending athletic big men is more like it.

MikeW reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 19:11

i'm considering monday's game, depending on work load.

I'll take the Sixers -9.5. Any last minute bets?

I'll take the kings +9.5 - what's the O/U?

I'm just going by what they have on espn, and it's 198 there.

Kings +9.5 and the under

I really don't want to see Lou on Tyreke at all.

Turner should get that responsibility

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:07

Think Jrue has problems with Tyreke's length?

Nah. I think Jrue's going to cut off his penetration.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 19:10

I meant when Tyreke's guarding him.

Ah. Nah, I don't think so. He doesn't really shoot over people, gotta be more careful w/ the passes, though. He's rangy.

Attendance looks laughable.

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 19:12

Time to get serious.

Hawes loses the tip :)

cousins missed point blank shot

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:12

Inauspicious start for Headcase.

And we're off. Hawes loses yet another tip. He's 1/10, including a ceremonial.

Cousins starts the game 0/3 from the floor, w/ 2 really meaningful offensive boards.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:13

Hawes block. Andre dunk. Let's go!

Sixers are really pushing the ball up the floor. Watch the turnovers, please.

Take. care. of. the. rock.

2 turnovers already.

I hate it when Meeks drives.

Another slow start

EB.

Jrue should've gone all the way to the hole on that. Cousins would've fouled him.

Cousins loose ball foul.

We're not going to be drawing many fouls tonight.

I've seen more people at my nieces t ball game

Jodie. Man he was wide open.

Give that garbage to Tyreke all night.

Spence, one of the best passing bigs in the league.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:19

Hell of a pass Spence! Dre backdoor dunk.

Late whistle.

Turner early

Turner for Jrue. Not a fan of that.

Turner on Jimmer is our best matchup, can D him up on defense and make him pay off the dribble.

Early Turner, probably for his lack of minutes last night.

Nice strip, Turner.

Fuck, get back on defense.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:21

Well Evan, wondered what you were finally going to do with it. Good take.

2 turns on Iguodala, and then the Voose coughs it up. Come on, take care of the ball.

Four turnovers already. At least Jrue doesn't have all of them.

Why do we not see more of that from Turner? He should always be using his change of speed moves. Last night he only used one, which he scored on.

Looks like shit early. Hopefully the bench brings it.

Ugh, come on Meeks.

lou should take jimmer every chance he gets

Lou to the line, hit 'em both.

Jimmer is SLOOOOOW!!

Congrats Jimmer, You are the first person I've seen Lou force into a horrible shot.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:26

Jodie, you've just got to stop doing that. Driving.

OK, can Jrue get Jodie yet?

ET

ET off the dribble. OK, come on, their perimeter defenders are trash. Keep attacking.

Man, Thad is so fast.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:27

Thad shot out of a cannon. Whew

ET vs Voose!!

Way to run, Young Thad.

Turner was just yelling at Voose to get back on defense. Seemed a little heated, too.

Evan in Voosie's ass.

This would be comment of the game, but this is a family friendly blog. For fuck's sake.

Ryan F reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 19:30

Ha

I think Turner needs to realize that Voose is just slow. It's hard for him to change direction and run the floor. Seemed like Hickson was cherrypicking too.

Like this unit.

Nice D, DeMarcus. Unfair matchup, keep going to it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:31

There you go Thad, take Headcase everytime!

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 19:32

I hope Meeks stays on the bench, what a waste.

There you go, Jrue. Over Jimmer like he wasn't even there.

God, their D is so bad. Keep driving.

Turner is playing the role Lou usually plays

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 19:33

Sweet Thad.

that was a nice play

PHI 26, SAC 22 after one.

Slow start, better finish. They should score 120 on this defense.

Now that's an end of quarter shot. Lou is so dangerous flaring to that left corner.

The Night Shift.

well done jrue

Nice, Jrue.

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 19:39

Jrue Yeassssssss

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:39

Jrue Flush!

They'd be better off starting Thompson.

Sissy hook'd.

Candy from a baby, Turner.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 19:42

A lot of eight foot jumpers tonight from him. Getting deeper penetration.

I think I could get into the lane on these sac perimeter defenders.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:40

Aggressive tonight Evan, huh?

Terrible possession, Lou. That was useless.

Didn't like that possession either, but Jrue hit the shot.

Come on, string some stops and you're up 15.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:41

Spencer with the flat-footed block. heh

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 19:42

Spencer Hawes sighting, nice block, time for a rebound.

Not happy w/ the defense at all. Come on, get it together.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:44

Just a nice backdoor pass Spence. Could see that one before he threw it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:45

Good leak-out Jrue, nice look-ahead Lou, finish it Jrue.. ugh

Two blown bunnies. Lou should've given that one up, had Jrue and Thad unguarded. Got fouled, though.

too many fastbreak turnovers

Fuck me, that's three transition opportunities, 1 point. Can't have that garbage.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:46

Lou should have passed that to Jrue cutting on the baseline.

Lou is chuckin'

Lou + Jrue = 9 boards

Spence + Voose = 0 boards.

Glad Turner came in for Lou there instead of Meeks.

Ugh, Spence.

I like that sub to get Turner for Lou. Too many quick shot by Lou.

eb to the line, make them please

Collins is yelling "Pick and Roll" and Sacto seems completely unaware what the Sixers are doing.

That shot was money for Brand last year. What has happened?

Good idea, Turner, but get closer.

Take him to the rim, ET.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:52

Man, EB just doesn't have one single back-to-the-basket move. Turnaround everytime if he doesn't turn and face up.

Jrue should be going to the post with Thomas on him.

Haven't seen ET miss consecutive 15ft'ers all season.

Just muscle him, Jrue. Good job.

This is so sloppy. Jrue bullied Thomas there.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:54

Up 9, there's no reason why this shouldn't be 15+ before halftime. 3 and a half to get it there.

Whenever Thomas is in the game.. That should be two points for Jrue/Lou/Turner

That call blew. He was so out of control.

Wow, Iguodala at the four. really small here.

small lineup here for the sixers

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:55

Good in-traffic pass from ET.

Great pass.

Brand just bitched Cousins twice.

Damn, that would have been a great sequence for EB.

Kick that out Brand. Five guys on you = open shooters.

Yep, good call.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 19:56

Heh, EB poked Headcase in the face and then proceeded to block his shot, and then proceeded to block his shot once again. hahah

Cousins has 3 o-boards, 0/3 on the shot attempts following.

ET has got to go to the basket, he's shown he can get there instead of throwing up jumpers.

good night (it's night here) fellow sixers! good game so far. missed a quite some close shots. should be a 16 point lead.

EB.

eb having his way cousins

Take that, Cousins.

Lazy foul by Cousins for the +1. Brand is just drooling that he gets to work against Cousins.

Elton +1

That was another foul on Cousins. Should've been +1 for Jrue.

Im loving malik rose!!

Turtle Bay reply to KellyDad on Jan 10 at 20:05

He is by far the best in years. Hilarious.

EB!

eb jumper

They were talking about the scouting report for the pacers game was attack the sixers 2nd unit as that is the weak link on the team lol

Brand is laughing.

Cousins just completely fell asleep on that inbound pass. Hands on his hips.

Turner is playing some lock down D

PHI 52, SAC 42 at the half.

Decent second quarter. Feel like they should be up by a whole lot more.

I feel spoiled to complain about a 10 point lead at half, but doesn't it seem like it should be more?

Yep, closer to 20.

I think this might be the longest Cousins has gone in his career w/out a turnover. 12 points on 12 shots + 2 FTs. Pretty efficient, for him.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:05

When you calculate Cousins' points per possession do you take into account that he takes multiple shots in one possession due to put backs?

Heh, no. It's more points-per-scoring play, I guess. There's no way to track how many of his own blown bunnies he gets the o-board on.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:11

I wonder how many players for us have yet to be named POTG. It seems like everyone has had at least one dominant game.

Brand hasn't won one yet. He's my leader right now. 11 on 5/8, 7 boards, 2 blocks.

5/9, actually.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:05

Is it correct that Dre has only played 8 min?

And Spencer with 11? and EB with 12?

If so, DC definitely has his eye toward tomorrow night.

dre has played 14 minutes at the box score im looking at

ESPN said 8. I just checked my rotations, he's at 13:34.

Actually, no. I've got him at 14:57.

He's also played the 1, 3 and 4.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:12

Yeah i thought he had played more than that.

Haven't we seen some combos that haven't played together tonight at first glance?

Yep, I believe it is. Jrue sat early, but wound up w/ 19 minutes.

I may look dumb for saying this, but it sure would be nice to have this game wrapped up in the 4th so we can rest the guys. I want to see Nocioni, Brackins, and Battie all on the court to close this one out.

I hope the Wiz win this game so they don't have the 0-fer the season as motivation this weekend.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:14

Yeah I really don't want the Sixers to be the first team to lose to them.

John Wall is really challenging Cousins for worst player to get a ton of minutes in the league this season.

Johnnylaptop reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:16

Good point.

Phil reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:20

this makes me realize again, why i love the sixers. they look like a team with few ego and almost every player has a rather high basketball iq.

Speights is starting for the Grizzlies tonight

Voose in to start the second half. Hawes must be hurt.

voose in for spence(back strain)

Fuckin A.

EB. nice.

Don't give the ball to Meeks in the post. Good job, Jrue. -

Jrue needs to keep attacking. He's finishing very well.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:21

Tough left-handed layup Jrue. Good work.

The Kings suck.

What a fucking pass by Jrue. EB w/ the slam!

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:21

Sweet look and pass Jrue. Small window to deliver.

He's got called for that alot this year.

Happy feet, Jrue.

eeebs and holy day seem to be taking this over

eb!!!!

EB's found the touch here.

Jrue is pissed he didn't get a foul called on the push. At least he got to hammer the ball off him.

EB again.

meeks 4 3!!!!

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:23

Jo-3!

Holy shit. 11-0 run to open the third.

Lets Goooooooooooo!!!

Great decision by Jrue. That's quarterback stuff there. Good to see the starting unit are the ones running away with this one.

That was really nice, looking for Voose, wasn't there, checked down to the Jodie three :)

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:27

He realllly sold the looks to Voose too. Hit Jodie right in his shooting pocket.

Speights fits in well with Memphis considering he gets to play next to a good defensive center in Gasol.

I wouldn't call Gasol a good defensive center.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:29

His post defense is good at least. His opp PER is 13.2

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:32

His post defense is good at least. His opp PER is 13.2

That was sick isolation D by Jrue on Tyreke.

i played this game out in nba 2k12 today. EB lead my win with 27. prepare yourselves for more EB... ;-)

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:26

ugh, that one looked bad coming off Jodie.

Collins really has to concider sitting Meeks

The Sixers just flat out want to win more than the other team night in and night out.

We are pretty amazing at making halftime adjustments and going on a big run to start the 3rd quarter.

AI943.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:29

Yep, terrible third quarter for opponent's sake. Trending.

Happens same time every game. Expect it.

Jrue should be shooting tech FTs. He's shooting 90% from the line.

AI9 to Jrue on the break. Beauty.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:30

Nice. Nice secondary break there. Dre to Jrue.

I love watching our guys rotate on defense.

Get the bench in, they hit a lull.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:32

Good call, here they come.

eb jumper

Wow. Great ball movement.

hes on fire!!!!

Turner out Brand's foul trouble was the best thing that happened for this team.

E MOTHERFUCKING B!!!!!!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:33

EB beasting!

Gotta keep this lead at 20+ going into the fourth

Yeah, that's not Thad's strong suit on the defensive end.

JRUE 43!!!!!!!!!

bad zone offense, jrue hits a 3

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:35

In your eye, Jrue 3!

Johnnylaptop on Jan 10 at 20:35

Jrue for 3

If this game stays out of hand, Jrue and EB are going to be robbed of opportunities to put up monster numbers.

BTW: Hasn't this EB hook been close to an offensive foul? Is he allowed to swat away the defenders arm like this?

jodie 3

This zone is garbage. Meeks with a three.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:38

Jodie! Zone buster.

Ugh, Turner coughs it up.

Johnnylaptop reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:39

again

Another Jodie three. Nice.

They're doubling EB, Meeks makes them pay.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:40

Jodie was calling for it and Jrue didn't give it. EB did, and kerplunk! 3!

Sacto needed an inspired Jason Thompson quarter to keep this at 24.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:41

Pedal to the metal quarter there. Wow

PHI 84, SAC 60 after three.

Great third quarter. Two minutes of good hoops to start the fourth, then someone wake up Nocioni.

This is exactly what Fagan was talking about. EB double teams are now giving Meeks open looks from the outside.

EB pretty much never draws doubles, this is an aberration.

Dwight reply to Dwight on Jan 10 at 20:45

He drew some form of double team almost every time last season. That's part of the reason for Meeks decline this year. That Brand isn't drawing as many double teams.

You must've been watching a different team last year. He pretty much never drew doubles, and really rarely worked in the post at all.

Dwight reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:50

It still counts as a double if another defender wait for him to dribble and tries to take a swipe at him.

Also, I count post ups whenever Brand turns his back on the opponent.

OK, if you're going to create nonsensical definitions, then I guess you're always going to be right.

This makes sense, except that Meeks has even been missing wide-open threes. He's not being covered closely.

Is Hawes injured?

yes, back strain

I like the small lineup. Obviously it's easier to play EB at the 5 when he is rebounding/defending like he is tonight.

AI9 will be rested for Melo tomorrow. Can't wait to kill the Knicks.

I wish I had Malik's smile. Great smile.

No starters out there to begin the fourth. Push this to 30 and they don't take off their warm ups the rest of the night.

dont want see jrue, eb or dre the rest of the game

Good foul, Lou. Like to see that. I don't care what the score is.

If we win by double digits every night, I'm officially OK with Voose tripping over his own feet on offense every night as well.

That's the big problem with Hawes. He's too injury prone. Last year he missed all of training camp with a bad back. Now he can't even play in back to backs.

Hold them under 80.

Turtle Bay on Jan 10 at 20:47

Any idea what the attendance is tonight? Looks better than last night.

eddies' heady's reply to Turtle Bay on Jan 10 at 20:48

10,700 guess.

Lou is still jacking.

This is just pretty. And ugly at the same time.

Really wish we had 18,000 people to explode when they do something like that.

Seriously Rich, it's just sad. I'm hoping this will spur the owners to talk to the city about moving downtown (8th and Market still has the giant Disney hole right?), although I don't expect much.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:49

There's Andres! Don't turn it over now on your first two possessions.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 10 at 20:49

Who's got next?

Sixers blowouts getting boring?

Most dominating stretch I've seen since early 2001 and 1982.

Not saying that team is anywhere near that level- but they are crushing their opponents.

I don't remember the '01 team winning like this.

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:55

Before they traded for Deke they ran teams off the floor the first 2+ months of the season.

Stan reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 20:56

They beat Seattle one time by 41 points. Todd MacCullugh had a career high that day. #Randommemoryfrom10yearsago

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 21:06

And a lot of blow outs in Jan just prior to the injury and then Deke trade.

how did he get a tech?

Who got a tech? The mullet?

The Voose w/ the dunk! Nice setup by Turner.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 20:55

Good look Evan. Vuc finish.

Haha Brian, eaaaaaaasy. Let's not compare 'em to that squad just yet.

I'm not, more saying I don't remember how that team won.

Big Macs for all.

South Broad on Jan 10 at 20:56

Lavoy .. Allen!

Lavoy .. Allen!

10,255 is the attendence

eddies' heady's reply to sixerfan1220 on Jan 10 at 20:59

Tyreke and Jason Thompson's family that big?

jimmer also has some family at the game

How did Turner get that in?

South Broad on Jan 10 at 20:58

Whoever that was that said they'd take the Kings +9.5, hope they only bet a penny.

ET three assists shy of a pathetic triple double.

ET had som gly TO's this game and now he is trying to get his in scrub time. But good to see him aggressive and playing with an edge.

MCT reply to tk76 on Jan 10 at 21:00

True, but he played well in the first half when it wasn't scrub time.

Turner 3 assists shy of his first triple double. let him play?

I'd like to see a stat:

Minutes trailing by 10+ vs minutes leading by 20+

If you really want to know, I can do it.

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 21:10

No, but I can't remember so much scrub time. Funny how ET lives out there with the scrubs. If e ever went down Collins would never hear the end of it.

Rich reply to tk76 on Jan 10 at 21:13

It's either him or the starting shooting guard.

They need another player to dress. Bring back Silas.

tk76 reply to Rich on Jan 10 at 21:17

Yeah, that was I was thinking.

It's kind of a nice problem to have, though, isn't it? They don't have enough bodies to completely empty the bench when they're up by 35 in the fourth quarter.

Rich reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 22:14

Is it a problem, even? I guess the only reason you would call it that is the crazy schedule this year.

2001 Sixers: Started 10-0
Won by 29, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2, 2, 9, 21, 24 in their first ten.

FWIW.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:02

I'd like to see Turner sit here for tomorrow night and bring Allen in. They're going to need him vs Knicks

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:03

guess not he brought him in for Meeks

Meeks w/ the block on the Jimmer!

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:04

ugh, Brackins looked very slow in his lateral movement on D there.

Flagrant? What?

Haha, that's the worst call I've ever seen. Ever.

Cousins turnover for good measure!

We sure aren't the Nuggets. The depth takes a pretty big hit after 9.

Good win boys, I'm calling it a night. See you all tomorrow!

This is why should have signed Silas. We can't have our top 4 guards playing in the 4 quarter on the 2nd game of a back to back to back.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:08

Dag, Jimmer's jumpshot from however deep is a thing of beauty. Textbook form.

Brand is your POTG, but it seems like another game entirely. He's been on the bench for like an hour.

This may be the ugliest lineup of players the world has ever seen.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:10

Hell of a payback for that SAC loss at home last year in OT.

LaVoy on the blocks!

In the meantime: Wizards up 15 late in the 4th. Looks like a win there. Poor Raptors.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:12

Lavoy Allen masculine hook.

Boo. Not going to win by 30.

Nice handle, Noc.

South Broad on Jan 10 at 21:15

Sacramento announcers after Allen's jumper: "LaVoy Allen is now in the running for Rookie of the Year."

#lowblowtoyourownteam

PHI 112, SAC 85 Final.

Pretty demonstrative ass kicking. Great job, now do it again.

eddies' heady's on Jan 10 at 21:16

Tomorrow night is the ONE I want. Can't fuckin' wait!

EB: "Sometimes Dre, sometimes Thad. All the time US."

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 21:17

Love it!

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 21:31

does this count as the COTGT?

That was an awesome quote. Love EB.

I really, really, really want the Sixers to win tommorrow.

If Chicago loses to Minn we will be tied with them in the standings.

YoungGun13 reply to Dwight on Jan 10 at 21:31

That a big "IF"

Interesting stat that Brian just retweeted:

Sixers first team since 69-70 Knicks to have five 20 pt wins in first 9 games.

Time to avenge that loss from last year. Meeks went 0-8 from the three point line, Carmelo went 5-8 from 27 feet out and we only lost by 5 points.

EB played NY well last year. This year it will be tough if they put Tyson Chandler on him

Dwight reply to Stan on Jan 10 at 22:33

Yeah I remember that one game against NY last year where Brand just abused Amare. But Amare also did well against Brand so they each put up like 30 points.

I simply can't imagine the Knicks being able to keep up with our bench unless they play their starters 38 minutes each.

Yo Fellas!!! What a show! Just got back from the game and here are a few quick observations:

1) Sat near a couple morons who kept chanting "Lets trade Iggy!!!" every time he touched the ball. Until finally some big dude told them to shut up! Thank you Big Dude!

2) Jimmer is garbage!

3) All of a sudden you look up and the Sixers are up 21! This team just wears you down.

4) All day on the radio I had to listen to the idiots say "but who have they played???" and "without a star this team ain't going anywhere!!!" I have to disagree! When has a team in the modern NBA played team basketball on both ends of the court like the Sixers?

Not to get ahead of myself, but the Sixers (as assembled) are a top 3 seed in the East and will give the Heat or Bulls a HELL of a fight in a 7 game series.

Stan reply to Timx on Jan 10 at 22:28

I want to see how they fare against Atlanta and Orlando.

eddies' heady's reply to Timx on Jan 10 at 22:50

"Not to get ahead of myself, but the Sixers (as assembled) are a top 3 seed in the East...."

You aren't the only one on that bandwagon, check out somewhere near the end of the Game 6 DET thread where I posted something similar in response to something Derek was saying about it on SixersBeat that night.

We just need to get some fans out there for weeknight games. I feel like a broken record but the NBA fanbase is workers and residents of Center City, and that's where the arena should be. The Sports Complex is a perfect location for the blue-collar fans (Flyer fans) which is why Snider built it there. But it's terrible for white-collar workers and urbanites (Sixer fans). On weeknights we see this glaringly. Look at DC, absolutely terrible team and they still bring in 14k fans on a weeknight because people can just walk from work.

speeke reply to stoned81 on Jan 10 at 23:39

truth dude. i wish they were in center city those weeknight games would be much easier to get to and get home from

Isn't Philly more of a car-centric city than the other cities in the northeast? How easy would it be to get to a center city stadium, and park? That might have something to do with it. Also, I'm pretty sure the Sixers are locked into a lease.

They can fill the WFC, they were 2nd in the league in attendance in the Finals year.

Tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 10 at 23:53

I read Philly has one of the biggest walk to work populations in the US.

Actually the top walk to work population and the third largest urban population overall.

Tk76 reply to Tk76 on Jan 10 at 23:59

And I probably should have picked a more upbeat article :)

Philly is more car-centric than NYC/Boston/DC, yes. But that's mainly because Philly has less downtown jobs than those cities (because those are the white-collar Northeast capitals). But Philly is still much less car-centric than most NBA cities. Regardless, most Center City workers take the train (majority coming from Jersey or Main Line). Those workers don't have cars with them at the office. And white-collar city workers are the backbone of weeknight NBA attendance. It's a pain for them to get to the Sports Complex, and it's even more of a pain for them to get home from the Sports Complex without a car (you're talking 2 hours door to door). So they don't go.

Not to mention the added "fun" of a downtown arena (bars/restaurants) that brings even more fans in. It's a no-brainer.

Having said that, I'm sure you are correct that they are locked into a lease, probably written into the sale agreement. Shame.

As for finishing second in attendance, yes, but that was with a superstar. We don't have one and we aren't getting one any time soon. It is "possible" to fill the WFC, sure, but it isn't "likely" without a star. Put the arena in Center City and it fills up without a star.

Makes sense. I'm far from the average fan. Have to drive 100 miles each way. Last year I stayed in center city for a game and took the subway to the WFC, wasn't bad at all. I guess if you're commuting to Center City for a job, then going to the game, then commuting home, it would be a pain in the ass. I guess I always thought the crowd was more from the suburbs anyway, so driving would be preferable and easy in/easy out in the middle of a huge parking lot right off 95 would be a better location for those fans.

Anyway, I'm doing my part for the MLK game, bringing the wife and kids, so add 4 to the 10K.

And to answer your question about how hard it would be to get to a Center City arena, it really wouldn't be hard at all. Philly residents may complain about traffic but it's a breeze compared to NYC/Boston/DC traffic. There are a zillion parking garages in Center City, several highways/bridges into the city, plus train access to Jersey and the PA suburbs. Access would be far better for the majority of Sixer fans (but not Flyer fans). Sixers and Flyers have different fan bases and should have different arena locations.

Rich reply to stoned81 on Jan 11 at 0:00

The sports complex is a great place for Flyers fans because it's right near the bridge, and much of their fanbase hails from. South Jersey. It's a much higher proportion than the other sports.

100% true.

Fun fact: After Love's 5-18 tonight, and Cousins's 7-15, Cousins (43.2%) is shooting better from the field than Love (42.4%).

And their true shooting percentages?

big game at the garden tomorrow night. i think Jrue could have a big game against the knicks guards.