Sixers Smother ATL, Explode Late

eddies' heady's on Jan 20 at 23:26

what he said.

potg was well done

Btw, another great game thread tonight, guys. Thanks for being a part of it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 20 at 23:29

Best one of the year. Most extreme roller coaster. The largets S-curve by far. Enjoyed the hell out of it too.

How can you not love watching this team play? I know it's silly on some level, but this team has so much heart, so much backbone. I watch so many other games, and every night teams just give up, throw in the towel, take possessions off. The Sixers never do that. They make mistakes, but they never look like they don't care, like they don't want it. I don't know how much that counts for in the grand scheme of things, but as a fan who watches every game, it means a lot to me.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 20 at 23:34

Me too. It's like the resiliency of years past, which they always possessed, has turned to determination, that heart you speak of.

I'm sorry, that was meaningless gobbledygook. The resiliency has turned into determination. Um, they're practically synonyms.

eddies' heady's reply to Tray on Jan 20 at 23:57

No. Resiliency is bouncing back. Springboard.

Determination as in a resolute movement to an object or end. Meaningless my ass. No offense.

eddies' heady's on Jan 20 at 23:32

And no matter what happens tomorrow night, I will not lose sight of what took place tonight. The will to grind and claw and just snap out of it, whatever it was.

That can be a good sign over the course of a season - hiccups along the way, nonetheless.

Johnnylaptop on Jan 20 at 23:37

It's a fun time to be a Sixer fan, can't wait for tomorrows game.

eddies' heady's on Jan 20 at 23:47

The playoffs will be very very interesting this year, back in '99, the Knikcs finished as an 8 seed but made it to the Finals, in a matter of 3 months+. Not saying anything particular, but still. This shortened season is mostly a frenzy. From start to ending.

If you want your jaw to drop, check out the advanced stats in the game capsule. Look at offensive and defensive rebounding.

.923 defensive rebounding is beyond impressive. I didn't think any team could do that.

eddies' heady's on Jan 21 at 0:04

I hope everyone of 'em is near asleep on the plane by now. What time were they approx leaving?

This Clips/T-Wolves game is fun to watch. Rubio's shot needs some work. Love is such a stud.

MCT reply to Brian on Jan 21 at 0:22

Blake with his patented flop and fake injury

That was such bullshit. He's such a bitch. Go make a Kia commercial.

eddies' heady's on Jan 21 at 0:29

Love is so in control at all times on the court. Can't believe how much weight he shed in one offseason.

Wow, just looked at Wes Johnson's stats for the year - 5 Pts, 34.4 FG%, 20.5 3pt%, 50 FT%......PER of 4.93

Is he playing hurt or something?

I just don't think he's very good.

MCT reply to Brian on Jan 21 at 0:42

I never thought he was all that good either, but it looks like he shouldn't even be in the league with those numbers.

I remember Collins just saying "Wow" after he worked out Wes. Thank god Stefanski didn't give him much input into the drafting, sheesh.

bebopdeluxe on Jan 21 at 0:39

I just hope that 3-of-18 is not Lou starting to feel the effect of JTI establishing it

bebopdeluxe reply to bebopdeluxe on Jan 21 at 0:42

...establishing itself in the guts of the game. And if Jodie can start hitting 3's with consistency and with ET becoming - functionally - the backup PG as well as part of JTI...Lou may start thinking more and more about that player option at the end of the season...

I hope not.

I think it's pretty much a lock he opts out. He's basically making MLE money, someone else will give him that for four years, if the Sixers don't. I'd be shocked if he didn't go for the payday.

bebopdeluxe reply to Brian on Jan 21 at 1:01

Yeah, but if he gets 19 minutes a game and gets ZERO burn at crunchtime, he might not get the PREMIUM scratch that exercising that option was going to get him.

Are you going to give him Thad money if he plays 19 minutes a game and is on the bench at the end of games?

He wants a chance to start and thinks he deserves it even though he doesn't, so I think he'll leave even for less money, unless the Sixers offer substantially more than any other team (which I pray they don't).

Court_visioN on Jan 21 at 1:09

For all of Blake Griffin's physique, from what I've seen he's a terrible screen setter. Once twisted his body to avoid contact with Ricky Rubio. RUBIO. I'd be interested to see if this is just the few screens I've seen in the game today or if this is a trend for him.

Umm. Eat it, Blake Griffin!

eddies' heady's on Jan 21 at 1:25

That Love shot was money! heh

Wow the T-wolves are fun to watch! I've always liked Rich Adelman coached teams. The Kings were a great team to watch in the early 2000's, and the Rockets with T-Mac and Yao were also very entertaining.

Sixers_fan92 on Jan 21 at 1:39

Best pf in the game right now ?

Dwight reply to Sixers_fan92 on Jan 21 at 1:49

My prediction is that the Sixers hire Phil Jackson two seasons from now after acquiring Dwight Howard.

Phil leads the Sixers to the NBA finals to match up against his long-time foe Rick Adelman and the T-Wolves.

Sixers_fan92 reply to Dwight on Jan 21 at 1:58

I wish !

eddies' heady's on Jan 21 at 1:41

Andre Miller shots tonight - 4

Andre Miller points tonight - 0

yeah, screw him, even though I thoroughly like him

jswigga on Jan 21 at 2:36

Great grind-it-out win tonight and superb bounce back from an otherwise heartbreaking loss to Denver. Love that the players held a meeting to regroup. That's big time.

*Worthy of note; Nic Voose going for his... although I don't love the two 3s he's been scrappy of late. Woulda been huge if either went down.

Anyway, we matched up well with Miami last year. I think this year if we run our sets and push the ball up the court we can exploit mismatches at several positions with our starters or the night shift...

Spencer for hire on Jan 21 at 7:22

I know there has been talk about adding another big but my question is;" where would we be if they didn't draft the Vuce?" No other bigs available and thank god that he is ready to play!!!

Great points. I was surprised during the draft at the near-unanimous disgust with the Vucevic pick. We desperately needed a backup center, he was the only true center in the draft, and I thought he was the best available player at 16 anyways.