i am pumped for this game
attack boozer(assuming he starts on brand) like you attacked ryan anderson

I'll be there tonight, 3rd row (124). Fired up. Expecting amazing atmosphere.

Stan reply to MikeW on Feb 1 at 17:09

Great. I'll be in the 4th row watching you.

MikeW reply to Stan on Feb 1 at 17:14

haha, 124 as well?

You guys think Voose or Battie gets the start?

battie

Based on the fact that I think the most important thing about tonight is not derrick rose but defensive rebounding - I hope battie gets the start.

Like I said - the teams match up evenly across the 'statistical board' except that the bulls are monsters on the offensive glass...KEEP THEM OFF

Phil reply to Brian on Feb 1 at 17:11

Battie. He won the tip against Dwight.

agree, i'm expecting batman.

So is Voose immediately in front of Allen on the depth chart?

if he's 100% yes - it's not like he was playing badly before he got hurt

MikeW reply to GoSixers on Feb 1 at 17:15

Why are we assuming that? Didn't Collins say he was ready last game, but Lavoy and Batman had been playing too well to use Vuc?

Well it was an opinion question (i thought) so in my opinion yes if he's 100%.

I got the impression that he was 'available' last game but Collins preferred not to play Voose if he didn't have to, but with Dwight you need all the fouls you can get (usually). I think Voose was an 'emergency' measure if he needed the fouls. He could have gone but they preferred if he didn't have to.

If he's not fully back yet - then don't use him unless you have to - if they're winning don't rush.

The comment that the sixers are waiting on hawes to decide when he's ready is concerning to me a bit more than voose

Yeah, agreed.

They're both pretty good on the offensive glass, actually. Major difference is Allen actually gets the ball, Voose mostly just gets his hand on it (though he does tip them out if he can).

Voose seemed pretty good at that tip out thing for a time

jswigga on Feb 1 at 17:25

agree 100% with all contributors so far. We match up so well with them - 2 defensive-minded teams going at it. I might even argue the Sixers have more firepower offensively for the other end of the floor (apart from D-Rose, of course.)
Speaking of firepower, there's been no mention of Deng. Is he back? The 6ers can contain Brewer, Watson, and Gibson to an extent, but Deng creates problems, I think. Also agree with whoever said attack down low and push Booze and Noah off the block. I would really like to see Battie - but maybe more likely Voos score a little closer to the basket. B/C Chicago rebounds so well getting higher percentage shots will be critical.

My brothers if I could be there in the stands I would. Enjoy the hell out of this one!

deng isnt playing

This is definitely our biggest game of the year.

Stuck in a hotel in Maryland tonight. Does anyone know a link to watch a crappy feed of the game online?

Dwight reply to MCT on Feb 1 at 17:40

Firstrowsports.com

they have every game in every sport. decent enough quality although a bunch of annoying ads.

pretty amazing site though

MCT reply to Dwight on Feb 1 at 17:45

Thanks alot man, I'll check it out.

Rich reply to Dwight on Feb 1 at 17:46

Yup. Gotta deal with ads, but not terrible quality at all.

I wonder if Rose can surpass Andre Miller for the most dominant performance vs the Sixers.

Rich reply to Ryan F on Feb 1 at 17:54

He's really an excellent writer based out of New York. Hope he's at a lot of the games this year. He really understands what's going on with the Sixers, which is impressive, considering other national writers I really admire have no clue when it comes to how this team works.

sooner reply to Ryan F on Feb 1 at 19:12

i find it odd that the sixers are 2nd in the league in longs 2's when doug said their defense is designed to promote those shots.

Interesting stat:

3 teams have bench scoring 42+ pts per game. The next closest team is

Those teams (PHL, DAL, DEN) combines W/L is 42-21.

This game to me is about offensive execution. They need to mental strength to not stand around and run isos all day with Hawes out on the floor. They really are a team that you would talk to like a grade school team: Move the ball from side to side, set multiple ball screens, cut hard off the ball. They are talented at enough spots that they should be able to do this and have relative success in the half-court. That's how they get their layups and shots at the rim, having the mental strength to run a crisp set every time down the floor.

Dwight reply to Rich on Feb 1 at 18:25

That sounds a lot like Zach Lowe's article.

Rich reply to Dwight on Feb 1 at 18:35

He's been saying these things for awhile now. I happen to completely agree.

Dwight reply to Rich on Feb 1 at 18:58

What's interesting in that Zach Lowe article is when he mentions that the Bulls are the top pick and roll team in the league.

Those Andre Miller-Nene pick and rolls were pretty devastating for us, so hopefully we can do a better job this time.

Preston just said Lavoy and Thad are first bigs off the bench. Vuc is still behind Lavoy.

Sixers on the front page of Yahoo.com (NBA section), with a comment by Greg Anthony:

Game #2 of RespectWeek

I have no stats or info to back up this claim, but I think we have a better chance of winning if Rose gets his and we contain the rest of the Bulls. As opposed to having Rose, Boozer and another guy all go for around 20.

Also, our bench needs to significantly outplay theirs.

Lets Get It!

I pretty much agree w/ this. I like the Sixers chances a whole lot if Rose and Boozer are the only ones in double figures.

Psyched for the game tonight, wish I was down there-have tickets for the Bulls game in early March. I've got a 10 game plan, was at the opener and have tickets for the Lakers and Clippers next week. Should be big crowds in this stretch of games against good teams with star players and I really want to see the team perform. A couple big wins and the buzz will grow, maybe the Wach will stop being a mausoleum...

Here's what I'd like to see tonight, and I really don't think it's too much to ask. 4 free throw attempts for Jrue. I think the over/under would probably be like 1.5.

sooner reply to Brian on Feb 1 at 19:06

he might get there if the sixers are up at the end of the game and the bulls need to foul otherwise I don't see it happening which sucks

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:06

Lots of empty seats up top....as well as around us behind the basket.

Depressing. This place should be PACKED.

Dwight reply to bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:08

It usually fills up by the 2nd half. It's like the LA Dodgers crowd that goes to these games. Always late.

Argh. Can't wait for this game to start. So pumped up right now.

Yep, Battie is starting. Odd we win the tip? 15%?

Odds we win the tip...

Anyone else just see Noah get the smelling salts before he took the floor? Or was he huffing glue?

Who's the Einstein dude?

And we're off....Battie loses the tip.

Some gave Rose food poisoning. One and done for the Bulls on their first trip.

noah on eb

Shit, gotta finish that, Jrue.

I'm fine w/ Brewer 20-footers.

like jrue taking it to the hoop there even though he missed the shot

jodie 3

It's a jump shooting contest!

Meeks for three, nice drive and dish by Jrue.

nice jrue and jodie

Jodie for three!Two early dimes for Jrue

Iggy!Beautiful

i think iggy was surprised to see such a wide open lane to the basket on that one

Rose answers. Hope that make encourages him to shoot a bunch.

Nice drive by AI9. That's called a dunk if it's by Blake Griffin.

Thibs w/ an early timeout.

early timeout

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:15

Thibs is pissed. Early timeout. Adjustments right out of the gate.

My favorite shot is that Tony Battie 20 footer. That's why I watch this sport.

That was a foul on Boozer, fucking bitch.

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:15

Crowd is dead...

Shit, EB. Gotta hit that, great find by Jrue.

Ugh, would've rather had the three, Jrue.

gh, Jrue passed on the three and ends up missing a long two...his passing looks great so far though

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:17

Wish Jrue would try and penetrate deeper instead of settling, give a head fake or two, draw a foul or so on DRose.

even though kyle hit the shot that was good d

Ugly turn, Andre

Can't be loose like that w/ Brewer on you. UGh.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:19

Just settling for far too many J's thus far. Can't keep doing that.

Timeout.

Lucky that was a two.

Bullshit by Iggy the last couple possessions.

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:19

Lot of standing around on offense...and a LOT of jumpers.

Bulls look a little too good. We've been giving them the shots we want them to take (Brewer 15 footers, contested 3's, rose floaters) but they're still dominating on offense.

Bulls play great defense and don't turn it over.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:20

If our philosophy is for teams to take shots inside the fence but not the yard, other teams probably don't mind inviting us to do that too. Which it seems that way tonight, they're almost asking us to fire the long ones up.

Iggy, stop shooting long 2's. For such a high BBIQ player he plays like that is a smart shot for him. I don't understand it.

Two piss poor shots by Dre and Jrue early in the possession, after they were getting good shots when they ran offense.

Jodie has no excuse for losing Korver like that twice. Come on.

damn lavoy

Is he going to put Iguodala on Rose here?

Lavoy abuses Booze.

Lou on Rose. WTF

Doug Collins - good coach

Here are two free points, Bulls. Fuck you refs.

is jrue out because of his long 2?

Got me.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:24

Dre 3! Let's go, pick it up here.

AI943. God I hope he's on tonight.

smart move by brand there nice

EB+1, hopefully for the tie.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:25

Careless dribble by Dre, collects it! EB and-one. make it please

Come on, Lou.

Nice help, EB.

haha yea iggy

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:26

GEt that shit outta here! Dre lay-in! Good job.

WHAT A BLOCK BY AI9!!!! Finishes in transition on the other end.

beautiful!igoudala!

LOUUUU!

Wow, strong board by Lavoy.

Bad turnover, Lou.

what the fuck that looked like a foul on noah

lavoy

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:27

Nice strip Evan on KK.

Lavoy w/ the jumper.

Lavoy!

Come on, Lou. Don't need that shit.

Big Will on Feb 1 at 19:28

Lavoy!

lavoy is awesome right now

great job evan

WOW! What a pass by Turner.

Beautiful pass by ET to Lavoy for the dunk!

hhaha what was boozer doing there

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:28

Oh, nice find Evan. Good job to switch directions after they doubled on the blocks.

EB!

Turner has completely changed this game without scoring a point

this quarter has flown by

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:29

Bench brigade is BRINGING IT!!!

16-4 run after Boozer J.

PHI 27, CHI 21 after one.

Bench came in and completely changed that game. Great first, give me three more of those.

Lavoy Allen is a player.

I never thought I would say that.

Wow, this just may be the best I've seen the Sixers play all year. How about Lavoy Allen??? How about Turner??? They are really bringing their A game.

16-4 run once Turner came in. Thad probably starts the second for Brand, let's keep the energy up.

Man, that is how you execute. Great job by that unit.

Thad vs. Gibson something to watch coming now.

Thad NEEDS to keep him off the boards. Gibson scares me.

10 assits on 12 shots wow

sooner reply to sooner on Feb 1 at 19:32

10 assists on 12 makes i should say

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:32

Great job by Turner running through those screens to challenge that Korver 3.

Lou and ET totally changed the tone on the floor.

Like ET, Iggy and Lou all being aggressive. Forget the long 2's by Iggy and they are generating great looks at the basket. BTW, I am fine with an Iggy 3 if he is open.

Good quarter. The Boss'shot selection pisses me off.

10 assists on 12 made field goals. Excellent.

1 offensive board on 11 missed shots

That is good too

Argh, Thad.

Turner needs to be more aggressive against korver

Lavoy with another big board. Come on, now.

LOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1.

that is a good lou play

lou takes it to the basket +1

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:35

Lavoy with the o-board.

Lou and-one!

Lavoy is beasting on both ends so far.

nice drive by lou, make the free throw!

Holy crap. Who needs Dwight Howard when you have Lavoy Allen!

3 tries that time. Come on.

Where is the defensive 3 sec? Anyone else notice?

ET great pullup.

Nice drive and finish by ET.

Good box, Thad.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:37

Thad actually boxed out on that one.

Bad o-possession though.

Ugh, Watson.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:37

Lavoy killing it.

Lavoy on the roll!

That was a great feed by Lou, as well.

Damn, breakout game for Lavoy

good pick and roll between lou/allen

Wow how good is Lavoy Allen! What a steal!

so far we def look like the #1 defense in the league

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:38

Vuc was good, but Lavoy has been as good or better. That Vuc injury may have been a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, Lavoy has been a revelation.

Boy, Lavoy got the moves, doesn't he? Reverse lay-up there!

Lavoy! Wow!

Lavoy Allen is a workhorse.

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:39

You can't stop Lavoy Allen - you can only hope to contain him.

One way or another, Lavoy Allen will kill you.

I might have to change my avatar to the other rook.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:41

Where was that foul on Lou? he barely touched Jimmy Butler.

EB should've put that up.

thad jumper

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:42

Didn't need to go for that steal EB. ugh

Thad J!

Shoot the ball, Brand. That was a good look Lou gave him.

Thad catch-and-shoot.

Thad has to finish that man. I love the ball in ET's hands on the break.

Thad to the line. Hit them, pretty please.

Nice break there.

Evan Turner is playing great ball

Early run for closing time lineup here.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:43

Dre on Rose.

Iguodala on Rose now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:44

EB was so out of control there on that shot.

yea jrue

Thibs goes big against closing time.

NICE JRUE!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:45

Jrue to the rack. More of that.

Brand looks a bit dead legged tonight.

Jrue with the beautiful drive and finish

well done jrue

jrue again

Jrue again. OK, stops.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:45

Jrue got the roll on a leaner. DOn't know why he didn't keep penetrating there.

Damn it, I'm sick - I was going to go home and go to sleep

good board by et

Terrible heat check by Jrue. Open 3 on the other end. Bad swing.

Bad possession, bad shot, Jrue.

Three on the other end for Watson, fuck me.

Rich reply to Brian on Feb 1 at 19:48

He will get killed by Collins in the huddle for that. Turner wanted the ball back to run something, and he not only Iso'd, he took a contested 20 footer. Then he loses Watson for no reason.

As good as those two plays were before, that kind of shit beats you.

bad shot jrue

Why does Jrue persist in missing jumpers from just inside the 3point line?WHY I ask you?

Because he knows it annoys yoU?

They got a bit tired there at the end. Great play, though.

I don't mind heat checks if they're threes off the dribble. Hate it when they do a heat check on a contested long two. Ugh. Alright, settle down now.

Was that a P&R for Rose that he kicked to the corner? I had my eye on the open guy in the corner the whole time.

Bad shot by Jrue. Also, Iguodala not defending Rose well. Penetration resulted in 3 wide open looks.

Like Iguodala's overall game tonight though.

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 19:48

Place is pretty full now...lots more energy...

I notice a lot of east coast teams moving their start times back to 7:30 instead of 7 - i think the sixers should do that too

I think doug should have a long 2 line put on their practice court and get these guys to learn not to take those shots

You think doug wants hawes to ever attempt a three?

sooner reply to GoSixers on Feb 1 at 19:52

I don't know what doug wants he's perplexing

Bad shot Iggy

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:50

Get the fuck outta here!!!! that was not a charge. come on man

EB w/ the block. Shit, lob turnover.

NO fucking way. Iguodala got shoved from behind on that.

he was shoved

one of the trailing officials needs to step up and make the right call fucking terrible

BDL, fucker.

Igoudala was clearly pushed, terrible call. Rose misses the tech FT, karma

Block/charge calls have been a crisis this year.

That's a block. When you're moving across the lane like Iguodala did they usually call those blocks.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:52

Jrue w/ 2. ET on Rose, gets took.

I don't think ET can guard Rose. Was he manhandled by Rose last year?

Of course, Iguodala does not guard Rose well either.

He was horrible in the game in CHI in late March, but I don't remember if he was on Rose or not.

Make these, Thad.

eddies' heady's reply to tk76 on Feb 1 at 19:55

don't really remember him ever guarding him

Gotta close out this fucking half. 6-point lead now, make it 10 by the break.

how how does he make those

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:56

Dre on Rose. gets taken too. ugh

Derrick Rose is one of the quickest and best guards in the league - you don't stop him - you contain him - you hope you shut down the rest of his compatriots and just do the damned best you can

At least he isn't walking to the free throw line alot

and the sixers are strong on the boards in the first half - key

eddies' heady's reply to GoSixers on Feb 1 at 19:59

ok

good job thad

Make him use the screen. Iguodala cheated on that and paid the price.

Thad on the o-boards.

ok thad i'll take it

Wow. Thad doesn't make many of those, but he did that time.

great pass iggy

Iggy with the pretty dish for Thad slam!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:57

OHhhhhhh, great dish and good timed dish Dre to Thad.

Rose again to the rim.

Great transition. I say trap Rose, get the ball out of his hands now.

They gotta stop putting Iggy on Rose. Rose can just drive by every time.

Who exactly can rose NOT drive by - not on the sixers - but in the nba - one on one?

Rich reply to GoSixers on Feb 1 at 20:02

Honestly, Jrue does a better job of staying in front it seems.

Phil reply to Dwight on Feb 1 at 20:02

Yep, Iggy hasn't been great on smaller, quicker guards this season (Andre Miller, Deron Williams).

Strange thing was: Lou was on Rose for quite some time in this half and the Bulls didn't try to exploit us. Jrue was good on Rose as well.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 19:58

If you don't trap him, help has to at least come over.

very intense game so far fucking awesome

They have to keep Jrue on Rose. Iguodala is really struggling keeping him in front.

PHI 49, CHI 44 at the half.

Rose brought them back at the end of the half. Would've liked to have seen them finish the half stronger, but up 5, I'll take it. Need a quick start to the third. I need to walk around or something, completely tied in knots. Want this game so bad.

Have to come out after the half strong. Really hate Andre on Rose. Need to rethink that at the break.

No one on the sixers can guard him one on one - period

If he isn't getting help - he's screwed

13 first half minutes for ET, just 2 for Jodie

Collins must "really hate" Meeks ;)

1. Iguodala has gotten completely abused by Rose on every pick. Based on performance, I'd rather put Lou on Rose and have Iguodala free to help.

2. Brand has been useless out there. One block but otherwise he really has looked old out there.

Rich reply to tk76 on Feb 1 at 20:05

He had the nice finish on the AI9 pass for the and one, but he's been hesitant to take open shots. One time Lou hit him with a behind the back at the foul line and he passed a wide open shot up, and Lou had to take a contested three.

I think his defense has been good though.

Yes I have noticed this too. Put ET on Rose.

Rich reply to spiller27 on Feb 1 at 20:09

He got beat on his only try too. There needed to be help and he got none, but Rose went right by him. ET can't body Rose up. If he had any chance, he would have to space him.

EB has rebounded too...but I agree he looks tired especially on the offensive end, missing shots he usually hits

2 minutes for Jodie, wow. Collins going w/ the defenders on the perimeter. I want Jrue back on Rose for a while, and I want those P&R's to be hard doubles every time, now. I'd prefer Boozer shooting 18-footers.

"I have a comment I could make but I refer you to the Turner-Meeks permanent thread" :)

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 20:02

Seeing Rose live at virtually floor level, you get a sense of the insane combination. Of speed and strength to finish. I hope that we have a big enough lead at the end of the game that it will not come down to stopping him to win.

team stats are almost dead even

Phil reply to sooner on Feb 1 at 20:06

And I "like" that we're having a lead when both teams are shooting 48.8%. I we were shooting lights out for a 5 point lead, 2nd half would get ugly.

So Rose did nothing when Lou was guarding him. Was that just lack of aggression or a better scheme with more help in place?

My sense is that when Iggy is on him they leave him more on an island.

They were bringing the big man to help even before the screen came when Lou was on him. They burned them once on that foul-line jumper by Boozer, but it's basically like a triangle and two when Lou is on him. I kind of prefer that approach and think they should do it when Rose gets going, like he did at the end of the half.

Yeah, its not always about having your best defender on the guy, but having your best defense in place.

The game against Orlando was a prime example.

26-11 sixers edge in bench points. Doing work night shift.

BTW, I don't know why the box scores are saying Jodie played 2 minutes. He played somewhere in the 6-8 range.

6:57. Don't know why I'm relying on the box score when I have the rotation spreadsheet right in front of me.

Maybe they put Iggy on him so that Lou and Jrue have more energy for offense.

Yeah, Jrue has some nice drives while he was not covering Rose. But then he settle for that bad heat check 2.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:13

Lavoy Allen come in and give you another 10 min like that, this is going to be a win. He was sooo huge in his run. Doing a little bit of everything.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:15

How about a couple of Jodie 3's before he sits again here.

Alright, let's push this lead right here.

Meredith should bring a stool for the asst coach to stand on.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:16

Jrue picking up where he left off- contested long jumper.

Why does he do this to me?

Man, it's weird that grinding out a win on the offensive end usually leads to much prettier basketball.

Bad shot, Jrue. Good trap on the other end, though.

Man, Brand's legs are dead. Think he could've gotten to that long board before it went out of bounds. He didn't even move.

dre dunk

nice iggy

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:18

Good box out Tony.

Dre slam!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:18

Yep, Brand's legs are dead. Flat as hell on that open shot.

No legs for Brand at all. That front-rim jumper another example. That battle w/ Howard took its toll.

Lavoy will need some minutes.

maybe a a Dwight Howard hangover effect?

Beautiful dish by Iggy but Brand comes up short on his signature elbow j. Iggy is all over the place to start the half, looks great

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:20

Dre settling. Come on don't be so reluctant to probe a little.

dre dunk

I want to buy that poster.

I thought Korver was going to go up and block that ;)

iggy again fuckin right

ANDRE!!!Mama, there goes that man!

iggy for 3!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:20

Dre YANKS one! as pumped as i've seen him in a long time

Dre 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yeah

AI94MOTHERFUCKING3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the type of heat check I like.

I literally had an orgasm after that second Iggy dunk.

Turtle Bay on Feb 1 at 20:21

Iguodala dunk fest tonight

Turtle Bay reply to Turtle Bay on Feb 1 at 20:22

Iguodala everything fest tonight!

Filthy. Fuck Blake Griffin.

as soon as i read this a blake griffin kia commercial comes on

Well, Number 9 is playing like crazy right now.

I didn't quite see it against Williams Brian, but Jrue's defense on Rose is top notch.

At least the scheme is right. When Rose gets by Jrue he is not able to finish.

Rich reply to tk76 on Feb 1 at 20:28

Does he really get all the way by Jrue? I haven't seen it this half yet.

Definitively on the play where he was blocked.

Holy shit. What a fucking run by Iguodala. Pushed it to 10, now get it to 15.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:24

Dammit EB. get Lavoy in there to shoot that 15 ft'er.

Brand front rim. Ugh. Three shots at it there. Come on.

Iguodala is taking a giant shit on the bulls right now.

haha iggy is cocky as shit right now and i love it

Hahah gotta love Igg

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:25

What the hell is Iguodala doing? And-one Mix tape shit.. lol ... Jrue finishes.... Bet they wouldn't boo him if he missed 5 freebies in a row tonight ... hehe

great d jrue fuckin awesome

What great fucking defense by Jrue. He earned that dunk, baby. What a fucking play!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:26

Breakaway Jrue slam!!!! Pour it on....lets go guys!!

This is beautiful

Jrue showing a bit of ups off of 2 feet.

now go to the bench and run all over them

LOL that behind the back move looked just like one of rubios signature moves from the espn signature moves series

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:28

They've only scored 3 pts in almost half a quarter. Wow

Don't buy the hype. Don't let up. The Bulls are not just going to go away and die. Keep this fucking energy up for another 19 minutes.

jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:29

Jrue w/ the nifty left handed scoop!

haha jrue that was some steve nash shit

Yes, Jrue. YES!

great drive by Jrue lead to 15!

OK, that's 15. Now push it to 20.

come on iggy you know better

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:30

Looked like they were zoning there. Then went to man.

Bulls with their first made FG 5 and a half into the quarter

sorry, 6 and a half

Two bad shots in a row. If they get a hoop here, you call a timeout.

eb

there it is eb

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:31

FInally EB!!! that 15 footer is there everytime.

great find jrue

jrue is stepping up

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:33

Yes Jrue! Hesitation dribble and draw and dish to Lavoy!

Jrue drives and dishes to Lavoy who finishes...that's basketball

Are you shitting me? Oh, kicked ball.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:33

How was that a damn kick??!!

AI9 with the tip!!!!!!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:35

Andre with the 3rd chance pt!!!! D up!

That's a jump ball if anything. He hit the ball on the way up.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:35

come on Evan.... too much traffic in there

i think doug got on them about the long 2's at half time

This defense is fucking suffocating. SUFFOCATING!

Get it to 20 by the end of the quarter.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:37

Lou catch and shoot off inbounds. Good job.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU catch and shoot off the inbounds. Get a stop here.

come on lou you gotta watch watson

Fucking garbage. 30-footer against the clock drops. fuck that shit.

LAVOY!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:38

Lou w/ sweet pass to Lavoy!!!

jrue 3!!! up 20

jrue 43 great quarter amazing

JRUE43!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

JRUE43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP 20 BABY!!!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:39

Lou kickout, Jrue 4 3 !!!!!!!

12 minutes to GLORY! yes, glory!!!

sshhhhh

It feels really good to be a Sixers fan right now.

PHI 75, CHI 55 after three.

What a fucking amazing quarter. I woke up the whole building on that Jrue three!

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 1 at 20:41

Building? c'mon man ..... neighborhood!!!

iggy and jrue owned that quarter

bebopdeluxe on Feb 1 at 20:40

Well...that was reasonably amazing.

Twelve more minutes of that.

Beating the Bulls by 20 sounds like a good way to gain some believers

Yes, baby, YES!! But don't give them just one inch. Continue to play like this! Dominant defense, execution on offense.

KTHXBAI!!!

12 more minutes. DO NOT LET UP!

Make being a fan during the EFJ year (almost) worth it...

1 2 3 4 5 SIXERS

Beautiful basketball being played tonight on both ends of the floor. Stay strong for 12 more.

Interesting that this game and the Orlando game (against good teams) has followed the same blueprint as all of the wins against bad teams.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:42

Hell of a save Jrue. ugh Lou threw it away

They scored 11 in the third, 3 of them on that prayer three.

Ugh, start it w/ a turnover.

Make it 25 by the time Rose gets back in.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:43

ALright, tighten it up. two turnovers

Timeout, Doug. Two turnovers and then that easy layup. Get Iguodala back in.

done

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:45

Too early shot there by Lavoy.

Come on, get a good look.

don't let them back in this

that is a great move by turner

Pretty move by Turner. Hit the fucking freebies.

i like this line up right now

That wasn't shooting?

JTI

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:47

Timeout. Evan w/ a good hesitation dribble

If we don't score here, have to get a TO

Thad, you are a man.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:48

Good block by Thad.

Need some buckets. 87 pts wins it. That's only twelve, come on.

At least draw some fouls.

Attendance a hair over 18K.

think it'll sell out for the Lakers Monday?I'm going

ha, showing a replay of the Jrue dunk Malik says "Jodie Meeks finds my man Jrue"

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:50

Please make em Dre.

iggy got bailed out by butler there

Sixers finally the beneficiaries of the late whistle. The ratio is about 485 against, 1 for on the season.

I hope we don't get close enough to where the refs have an effect (star calls.)

Atta boy, Lavoy.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:52

Lou and-one! So good at absorbing contact.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU +1.

Scalabrine is in.

Who fucking lost Korver?

turner, looked like he got elbowed

come on lou

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:53

They zoned again. ugh

great basket +1 by lou, just when the team needed it.

where is rose?

15-point game. Are they in the bonus now?

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:54

Can't keep letting Jimmy Butler and CJ Watson get o-boards.

in the penalty. good thing? hope so....

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:56

Come on boys, just 6 more minutes!

Shit. Shit. Shit. I'd get EB back in about now, I think. 14.

I don't get why turner doesn't take korver one on one instead of trying that pick and roll which keeps getting blown up

Letting them back in the game. At least Thad hit 2.

Need to move the ball quickly against the zone. They had an advantage there when they got the ball to Thad at the foul line, then he just held it and let them recover.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:57

Make em pay!! if they want to press, attack it!!

Pretty play, ending in the Lavoy dunk. Then the gift that never stops giving, the Scalabrine dribble drive!

Clear path?

Offense is dead. Get Brand in there.

I'm sure that's what Doug said to Evan, to attack Korver.

Low BB IQ play by KK.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 20:59

Yeah, why isn't that a clear path? he grabbed him from behind.

Make the freebies and score on the possession. Would make my life a lot easier.

Close this shit out. It's freebies either way, hit 'em.

I actually like the Sixers strategy of not attacking the press and taking time off the clock. They would be playing into Chicago's hands if they tried to attack.

He was in the act of shooting

They're free. Boss.

Not clear path? BS.

Think Iguodala went straight up there.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 21:01

Has the Sixers D completely stoned Rose? Thibs must think so ....

18 on 17 shots (and 3 freebies), 4 turns.

We're screwed if this becomes a free throw shooting contest.

They're free.

eddies' heady's on Feb 1 at 21:02

PLEASE make these free throws.