Sharone Wright on Feb 22 at 15:00

Anyone in Philly area know what channel it's on TV tonight? Not on CSN. I want to DVR it and I can't find it.

its on CSN according to my guide

Sharone Wright reply to sixerfan1220 on Feb 22 at 15:06

Mine shows Flyers starting at 9:30. O well, I'll just record CSN. OK thanks, SF1220.

Anonymous reply to Sharone Wright on Feb 22 at 15:08

I believe when there is a scheduling conflict, the sixers are on Channel 8 as the alternative channel

Josh reply to Anonymous on Feb 22 at 17:26

Last few games have been on what once was CN8. Unfortunately not available in hi-def on FIOS (channel 99).

Joe Johnson is out for the all star game, so I am assuming he will also be out for the 3 point shootout. I'm really hoping Meeks gets in despite his recent shooting slump. I actually think he has a really good shot at getting in. I could see Korver getting the nod also if they feel like taking the success of the team into acount. They are both shooting the 3 at around 41%.

Probably Korver, or Bonner. Doubt the Sixers get any further recognition at AS Weekend considering their play since the teams were announced.

Phil reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 15:39

My money is on Steve Novak ... of course.

Any word on if Meeks or Turner will be starting tonight?

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't put money on Turner.

I know we still have the entire 2nd half of the season to go, but it is worth noting that as of now we no longer have homecourt advantage in the 1st round.

Stan reply to MikeW on Feb 22 at 19:10

We're in 4th place. We'll have home court advantage in the 1st round as long as we win the division.

That's not correct, we were talking about this last night. #4 doesn't have home court if #5 has a better record.

Sharone Wright on Feb 22 at 17:39

If you told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be 20-13 at the halfway point, I'd be thrilled. But 'thrilled' is the antonym of how I feel about this team right now. 33-33 seems ominously possible.

Spencer for hire on Feb 22 at 17:43

Playing at Houston in a big turnaround game is fitting, wasn't this where a couple years ago our team had a big moment or two. I can't wait to see our 2 young guys against Sam tonight.

ughhhh

@jrfingerCSN: Violet Palmer is working the game tonight

I think I'd rather have Brand out than Violet P reffing...now we have both.

Rockets 91-Sixers 84.
Sixers officially out of gas at this point. Anticipating much trade speculation over the break.

sounds like kevin durant is replacing joe johnson in the 3pt contest

Anonymous reply to sixerfan1220 on Feb 22 at 19:00

Rajon Rondo was selected to replace him in the game itself.

I'm actually feeling good about this one. I think this team has enough fight in them to scrap together an all out effort win heading into the break. I expect them to make Houston play their style of ugly basketball with Iggy shutting down Martin and Jrue slowing down Lowry. If we can get Thad some looks on Scola and get good Lou tonight the bench should give us just enough offense. Just please don't let Sammy own the paint and for the sake of every Sixer's fans blood pressure, DO NOT play Nocioni 1 single minute. Sixers 85 Rockets 79

The only, and I mean only, reason I see a glimmer of hope is that for whatever reason we always seem to win in Houston. That's just based off of my memory. But no Brand/Hawes + Violet P should equal a loss.

Celts getting hammered by OKC. Knicks and Hawks tied early. Nice drive and dish by Lin when I turned it on.

Houston feed on LP for me. They have a really bad homer on their broadcasts, right? Is it Drexler?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:01

yes, either him or Calvin Murphy

Ugh, and my feed is screwed up. It's like the camera lens is streaky or something. I'm going to get motion sickness watching this.

Bullard.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:04

That's fucking Time Warner for you.

Haven't known Bullard to be a homer though, only heard him one or two times.

Had the technician over here for a couple of hours yesterday. Two new boxes, checked the lines. Pretty much the same shitty service. Going w/ DirecTV when I move this summer.

Knicks making a end of 1st quarter run. Up big.

Aaaaaaaaand we're offf....Lavoy loses the tip.

Nocioni is, mercifully, not in the starting lineup.

Jrue fouls Lowry on the first play. Last thing we need is foul trouble for Jrue.

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:13

BS call. Jrue had all ball.

Ball don't lie. Lowry misses the first

Iguodala running the point to start.

jodie off a screen

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:13

Jodie off a curl. Good sign, finally.

Meeks off the curl. Nice.

Jrue 0/2. Don't get gun shy, just get in the line next time.

Scola to the line.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:15

Jrue, needs to use that move to get into the paint rather than settling for the jumper. Jrue missing the corner 3 again. 0-2 early.

Battie saves the ball from out of bounds to Meeks falling out of bounds who saves it to nobody.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:15

Dre long jumper. No offense being run at all on that one.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:16

Bad shot, Andre.

Jrue deflects a Lowry pass. Saved the Sixers from a free Dalembert dunk

Meeks gets stuck on Martin in transition. Two points.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:17

Come on Jodie, good pass back out from Dre.

Meeks, gotta hit that.

Lavoy has missed two very badly.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:17

Lavoy, starting on the foundation of his house. geez

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:17

Meeks misses the open three, Scola tries to pull down Battie (who can't jump anyway)

0/3 for Jrue, good shot there, though. I'd say get to the line, but that's understood.

long 2, long 2, long 2....mixed in with an occassional 3. great offense.

Rich reply to MikeW on Feb 22 at 20:19

Some of these are pretty good shots though. Just can't buy one.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:18

Shooting starting out just like last night, terrible.

Jrue sinks one.

Jrue finally connects.

lowry to the locker room

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:19

Lowry's hurt. Looks like the right ankle.

Jrue abused Dragic when he was with the Suns. He's got some offensive talent, though.

As weird as that says, can they exploit Lavoy on the block with Scola guarding him? I'd much rather see him shoot that jump hook than a 15 footer right now.

Lowry should be back. Didn't look like he even rolled it.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:21

Sammy, with hands of stone. heh

Two on Scola. Not sure if that helps the Sixers, though.

2 on jrue

Two on Jrue. Thanks, Violet.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:22

Jrue w/ his second. bad foul there, 30 ft from the basket

Damn, Jrue.

That's a shame. The first foul should have been on Jodie.

Feel like we need Vuc in for offense (yikes)

Ugh, Meeks.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:24

Come on Jodie!! No one-dribble pull-ups please!!

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:25

the Sixers can't buy a foul here. Lots of contact on Iguodala drives.

That was a nice drive by Iguodala, could have gotten a call. Like that aggressiveness.

Turnover. Lavoy lost concentration earlier in that play, couldn't see if the pass was the problem on the TO.

6 points?? My god

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:27

Same damn shooting as last night in this 1st quarter.

the offense is a joke

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:27

Normally I'd be happy with that timeout but Doug Collins hasn't really drawn up any good plays coming out of the timeout this year..

Ugh, come on. This offense is getting to be really embarrassing. Don't get good shots and when they do, they hardly go in.

Doug being very quick with his substitutions tonight, and I kind of like it

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:29

Zero trips to the line too. ugh

this team desperately needs a player who can create a shot, other than a long, on their own.

Jrue is 1/4 from the floor, and he's actually raising their overall FG%.

voose

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:30

Don't need that Evan. Unnecessary.

I'd go to Voose in the post repeatedly, especially over that Turner shot early in the clock.

Turner back-rims all of his jumpers. It's automatic.

Except when he front rims them. The only thing they all have in common is they don't go through the cylinder.

Voose again. Jesus, keep going to that.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:30

Nice move Vuc. Quick move in the post.
Turner continues work on his house.

voose again

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:31

Good feed Lou, Vuc.

thad to voose

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:32

Good look Thad, Vuc!

Voose again. Scola is so unbelievably bad on the defensive end.

THAD DRAWS CONTACT AND FINISHES!

Vuc, soft touch around the rim. Hawes-esque!

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:32

Thad bounced off contact, and got to the line? what do you know, after replay it was incidental, not initiated though

PHI 16, HOU 19 after one.

Good D, bad O. Nothing new. Lot of burn for the bench in that first quarter. Jrue needs to make sure he doesn't pick up his third in the second quarter.

Keep giving the ball to Voose on the blocks.

Great shot Turner

He dribbled right into his discomfort zone.

MCT reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:36

He should have just went straight for the rim, try to get the contact. He had plenty of time to do that. His basketball instincts are as bad as his shooting right now.

Vuce playing like he is scared of the bench.
Turner is playing offense like eddy's heady thinks he's capable of.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:34

We actually made one more shot than the Rockets that quarter? Never would have thought it.....

1 turnover for the Sixers, 0 o-boards for Houston.

Voose could get 30 on Scola.

voose to the line

Jrue, go stand in the corner.

Voose to the line, nice.

Nice D, Lou. He fucking went to double Dalembert, I think. Or he just sucks.

loving voose tonight

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:38

Vuc again!! Lefty hook over Sammy.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:38

Lou fell asleep on that. Ugh.

Voose again!

Voose is unstoppable tonight

Believe that lost jump goes as a TO for Jrue.

Dalembert turns it back.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:39

Evan, just stop shooting it please man.

Bleh.

Why would you post a taller, more athletic player, Turner?

Turner is taking years off my life right now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:41

Evan's court awareness and vision is nil.

bad foul jrue

Jrue with a nice block.

ANd then he picks up his fucking third foul. Please change that call, damnit.

Turner's fault on the TO

meen Turner should just sit till the AllStar break is over. He can work on his 5ft jumpshots.

Turner is really really depressing. Where the hell is the scong ability and the mid-range game

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:42

Jrue gets the block, Turner gets the board.... and jogs the ball up while Jrue makes the run. Then Turner turns it over.

Will the real ET please stand up??

This is the real ET...at least the current one

Anyone who blames Turner's struggles on Collins is a moron. He hasn't made a shot in a week. He's lucky to be getting any minutes at all.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:43

Why reach in there Jrue? Why?

They called that a fucking clear path? You've got to be kidding me.

Clear path??

Terrible.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:45

Vucevic rushed that jumper for no reason.

Come on, Lou. That's fucking sloppy.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:45

Dammit Lou! Get it together here. Bad bad pass Lou.

Don't like taking Vuc out there.

What was Lou looking at?

Turner moved. Lou's fault i guess.

If the Sixers can hold Houston under 60 for the game, they've got a chance.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:47

Good fake Dre, to the line. May be not so good though, heh

I didnt see the foul there

Iguodala on the post, to the line. Don't go back to that.

Why is Voose coming out? Come on.

I feel like a 10 pt deficit is insurmountable with this offense

Alvin reply to Stuff on Feb 22 at 20:52

i feel the same way.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:47

Nice move Iguodala. Please make 2.

he made both; yay

Court_visioN reply to jkay on Feb 22 at 20:48

everyone drink!

Gotta get up after you flop. Luckily, Lee missed the wide open three.

lou to the line

Now, that is how you pass ahead Lou.

Lou to the line.

Splits 'em.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:49

Lou holding the shot til the last second for the whistle. Good job.

Lou w/ the turnover. Didn't see what he did.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:51

Pushed off with his arm

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:52

oh did he push off? must have missed it.

eddies' heady's reply to Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:56

it could have been what you said below, i didn't clearly see it, know he pushed off with something, but Lowry did add to it

Court_visioN reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 20:52

looked like he kinda lowered the shoulder in that herky jerky dribbling style he did. There was some contact, Lowry bounced off it into the screener, flopped, and the whistle blows.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:51

Lowry flops and the refs gobble it up.

thad fade-away

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:54

Evan, just let your man go to the other side of the floor and don't pursue him, Dragic, ugh

Lou lost Dragic there, Iguodala trying to cover two men.

Don't know what to do w/ the lineup right now.

My bad, that was Turner. Meeks came in for Lou.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:55

Dammit Turner, are you gonna stay with and try to guard Dragic or what?????? sit his ass Doug....

what will DC say to ET in that timeout?

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:55

Wait, who was guarding Dragic on that 3? Was that Jodie? Fell asleep there. Again.

Is Turner serious? He shouldn't play the rest of the night. Play Noce.

where is Craig Brackins when you need him?

Any interest in the D-league?

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 20:57

Turner benched after the timeout.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:58

Now that Martin foul on Dre should be a clear path. it was same situation and position as Jrue's

Heh. I think Violet gave us one. HOO-RAY!

Lou Brick.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 20:59

Come on Lou, too early in the clock for that

Meeks brick.

Lou to the line.

Lost in how bad Turner has been is Jodie Meeks not being able to make open threes anymore.

Lowry eating Jodie's lunch now.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:01

2 min, close hard here, not fadeaways like that Lou, move the ball around dammit

Lou Brick.

Yep. No defense at the point of attack, easy pickings for Houston.

No fight in this team.

Lowry is destroying meeks, but who do we put in to guard him?

voose!!!

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:03

Good anticipated steal Dre.

Vuc follow. One more stop!

6-0 run, and Thad to the line now? Nice.

Nope, Lou to the line.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:04

Was getting ready to say they completely shit the bed in that last 3+ min, but they redeemed themselves with a last minute flurry.

boss call

PHI 41, HOU 45 at the half.

Big run at the end spared them from a disastrous quarter. You could really see what happens to the defense when Jrue isn't in the game there. Tough to watch. He needs to avoid picking up his fourth in the third quarter. Going to be tough to do when he's guarding Lowry.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:07

It may sound crazy, but they can easily win this game tonight.

Start Vuc coming out the half, or at least give him some more run. He was really good, even going against Sammy.

Sixers w/ a 100% DREB rate in the first half. Unprecedented for this team.

I'm generally a Jrue fan but this season has led me to conclude that Jrue is not a PG or his coach does not want him to be one.

I used to think this team only needed an athletic P&R finisher... but add to their list of needs a PG.

I'm confident it's the latter of your reasons, and PG is not an area of need for the team.

Rich reply to tk76 on Feb 22 at 21:11

Dis-a-gree.

tk76 reply to Rich on Feb 22 at 21:27

You don't think there is a chance he ends up being a very good combo guard offensively?

Sure he can be your PG- and really helps you defensively and with his shooting. But I'm not convinced he has a pure PG in him- otherwise the tem's offense would not be so stagnant.

I know people want to blame the coach or teammates- but a pure PG would make this offense look less ugly. And there is a big difference between a pure PG and a guy who can play PG... and I think Jrue is the latter.

eddies' heady's reply to tk76 on Feb 22 at 21:29

I tend to agree with your last statement, well said.

Yeah, there's a chance he could wind up a very good combo guard. That wasn't the statement you made. I think there's a better chance he winds up a very good point guard.

tk76 reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 21:36

Sorry, I did not mean for my statements to seem incompatatble. I think it goes without saying that I am a huge proponent of Jrue. He has a remarkably complete game- but I'm not sure he is a pure PG or ever will be one.

Sort of like playing great hitter a SS who can play the position but not like a "real SS." It comes with its positives and negatives.

Rich reply to tk76 on Feb 22 at 21:46

Oh sorry I misunderstood. I still don't really agree, but that's a fair point.

eddies' heady's reply to tk76 on Feb 22 at 21:13

Eh, I've been sort of leaning to feeling like that on occasion, but still think I need to give it some more time before going all in. Something's amiss though, just can't gauge what it is.

I feel that way with a lot of the young players, especially jrue and turner. We've seen glimpses, although not many (especially from turner), that they can play at a high level and take over games, but its so inconsistent, you wonder what happens sometimes.

Good news: for long stretches of the past 2 games Vuc has looked like the best offensive player for the Sixers.

Unfortunately that is also the bad news.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:11

Turner just doesn't seem to give a fuck, or he's a pouter one. No excuse for the piss poor effort on two consecutive plays being so lax at trying to stay with Dragic. As much as I have no use for his game, he's just become downright sad, and I say that kindly. He's got to fit in no matter the role. The fit ain't gonna find him, he's got to settle into it and find it.

Knicks blowing out Willie Green. Lin w/ a sick line, so far.

ORL blowing out NJ, IND blowing out CHA and BOS down 14 to OKC.

So a loss and they lose a game to everyone but the Magic and the Celts, probably.

Hawks and Celts, that should read.

Hard to believe the Sixers actually scored 25 in that second quarter.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:21

Bad start Dre.

Dre with two bad shots in a row

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:22

ANother bad contested shot Dre. come on

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:23

Andre I like that you'v attacked the paint twice, but the shots are horrible. Dag.....

4 on jrue

Great start to the third.

Jrue turns it over and picks up his fourth in the process. We're fucked.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:23

Jrue, come on... sheesh man

dribble the air out of the ball, then you get your 4th...fuck Jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:24

Lou and-one. Get it together on defense and offense here.

Lou +1. Maybe he gets hot.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:25

Shouldn't we post Dre on Parsons?

Battie falls down, 4-point swing.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 21:25

I think the gameplan coming out the locker room was to have Iguodala attack. He's been attacking, just terrible shots.

It's really not that hard to post up Scola.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 21:26

good take, Lavoy

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:26

Dammit Jodie, no need for you to sag down into the lane and leave parsons like that. geez the guy was under the hoop falling out of bounds, no need for you to be down there

Wide-open corner three. He's Meeks' man, right?

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:28

I mean, Lowry and Martin aren't hurting us at all, yet we're down 8...

meeks to the line

Jodie to the line. OK, hit 'em both and we're at 2.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:30

Get it back to 2 here. Now don't let them extend the lead back out though. D the eff up!!

Tie game.

Untied on the Meeks dunk. Nice.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:32

Good to see Lavoy attack twice on Scola.

Andre to Jodie for the standing-jump slam!!! Let's go....

Iguodala has 5 steals, and Kevin Martin has been absolutely invisible.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:34

Don't give up this lead.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:35

Good ass defense there by Lavoy and Lou cheating down.

Meeks draws the charge in the 1-on-2. Nice.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:35

Good effort Battie on o-board.

SHit. Lou guns a three. Charge on other end, turnover our way, whew

im surprised she didnt blow that charge call

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:37

Violet w/ a call our way? wow

4 on Scola, hurts the Sixers.

Voilet special.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:38

Hell of an effort there Lou with the contest. Good job.

Shocking to see the Sixers at the FT line. I though all of there shots came from beyond 17 feet.

Of course 1 of two..

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:38

Dre to the line is painful. Clanks one, swishes the next. Weird.

First o-board of the game right there, Scola puts it back.

voose tip in

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:39

1st o-board for Rockets and putback off of it.

Vuc follow!! Come on.....

Voose returns the favor.

is Jrue hurt?

4 fouls.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:40

Thad blows the damn bunny!!!

Got it back on turnover, whew

Scola and Dragic are the only reasons they're in this game right now.

Wow, a guy can land on you and no foul? Thad need to learn to act like he is hurt.

voose again

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:41

Vuc follow again.

Thad's really been going for more blocks this year. Good to see.

and they're of the spectacular variety; shows his tremendous athleticism.

Anonymous reply to jkay on Feb 22 at 21:45

I would rather instead of knocking them into the stands he learns to control them to turn into a possession change

I think once Vuce learns when he can push a post player out of the lane he will be a really effective player on both ends.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:42

Good attack of the open lane Jodie!!

Jodie to the hoop. He's found a way to contribute w/out his threes falling.

nice move thad

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:43

Good pass ahead Lou!! Thad.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:43

Really good quarter, considering Jrue went out early. 12 minutes to glory.

PHI 65, HOU 61 after three.

That's more like it. Great job by the bench after Jrue picked up his fourth. Thought it was going to go the other way. Just give me 12 more solid minutes. Is that too much to ask?

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:45

I'd play Vuc the whole quarter here.

meeks on martin

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:47

Evan still forcing.

That was a nice move, only nice thing he's done all night

eddies' heady's reply to MCT on Feb 22 at 21:49

Wasn't saying it wasn't, it was forced though. One on one.

Argh. Nice move, Turner.

voose!!!!!

Voose again, breaking up the Meeks on Martin run.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:47

Vuc lefty scoop.

turner scored

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:48

Evan, welcome to the game.

Turner makes sure of that one. Good job. Thought Voose should've given it to Jrue, gives it to Turner instead and he gets the dunk. Nice.

wow Turner made a FG!

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:50

Yep, I thought Vuc should have handed off to Jrue too.

Turner needed the confidence.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:51

Good take Dre!!! Stops!

Iguodala breaks his fourth quarter seal. Been a while since he had a hoop in the fourth.

Turner on Martin that time. Don't let him get hot.

Steps on Voose.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:52

Turner loses K Mart. ugh. can't be lax like that

Dre loses Martin and then Turner does

And a Thad charge, after he double dribbles.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:53

This was their chance to get some separation. Just didn't' get it though. 3 pt lead

Iguodala loses the jump to Martin. It's contagious.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:54

How does Dre lose that tip to K Mart?? sheesh

great job jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:55

Good o-board Jodie.

Jrue to Thad!! Stop please.

Meeks w/ a big o-board.

Jrue with the drive and dish to Thad for a deuce. Nice.

Put Iguodala on Martin and don't change that, please.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:56

Why isn't Dre glued to Martin? he's been on Courtney Lee

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 21:59

We're switching screens? Jrue and Dre there....

jrue

Now Jrue's on Martin. Got the stop that time, get a hoop here.

Jrue stands in the corner, then hits a long two.

I thought meeks was playing well. Wish collins wouldve left him in.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:00

Box out Thad!!!!

thad to the line

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:00

Good pass Lou. oh shit, Vuc was being held

What a defensive play by Jrue, wow.

Voose was raped on the previous trip.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:01

No Doug, dont' bring back lavoy for Vuc. come on

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:01

Iguodala - just DUNK THAT ONE

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:02

why is vucevic sitting???

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:02

F me!! Parsons 3 as clock was expiring.

Fuck me. Fuck. Great D, and that garbage against the shot clock. Come on.

boss call

The other refs are trying to overturn a Violet special.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:04

No idea why he pulled Vuc for Lavoy, no idea....

offense defense i guess

Great follow, Thad.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:05

Vuc back, Doug just wanted to give him a rest I guess

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:05

Thad follow!

This shit better not come down to a Violet Palmer call either.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:06

Thad, just give a head/pump fake and get him in the air. Screw all the slithery shit. man.....

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:06

Thad forcing it.

better than a Lou pump fake heave.

jrue!!!

Jrue in the paint, think that play was called for him. Good job.

Lowry w/ the +1 on the other end. Voose w/ the foul.

Pretty much can't have any empty possessions here

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:10

Lou to the line, he's live there tonight. Make em please Louis

Alright, Lou. Hit 'em both.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:11

Need a hoop here. Lowry flops, Violet blows.

Thad charge. Lowry is a flopping bitch.

Anonymous reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 22:13

Regardless of the flop, Thaddeus Young committed the foul trying to use his arm to create space

Thanks bitch.

Anonymous reply to Ryan F on Feb 22 at 22:13

If a male had made that call, would you have said Thanks bastard? Or are you just a sexist?

Ryan F reply to Anonymous on Feb 22 at 22:31

If by sexist you mean that I believe Violet Palmer has no business officiating a game of basketball, and she just so happens to be a woman, then yes, yes I am.

FreeMattCord reply to Anonymous on Feb 22 at 22:42

If a male had made the call and someone said Thanks Bastard, would you have responded, or are you just a sexist?

Anonymous reply to FreeMattCord on Feb 22 at 22:48

No - I would have asked him if he knew the officials parentage that justifies the use of the word. Cursing to me is just a sign of a weak mind incapable of intelligent articulation.

Calling Violet Palmer a name reserved purely for insulting women weakens the argument. It is not that she is a woman who is a bad referee. She is a bad referee who happens to be a woman.

I used my example because usually all other refs are referred to in non gender specific pejoratives, usually in regards to the anus.

I agree with this. Stick to the anus.

Anonymous reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 22:59

That is a personal preference each person has to make for themselves.

DonH reply to Anonymous on Feb 22 at 23:00

If male refs had something as good as BITCH! to call them when they fuck up then we would use that as well. You're looking at this too deeply. It's a sports blog...lighten up and get off your high horse.

Anonymous reply to DonH on Feb 23 at 10:28

I am on a high horse because I think juvenile name calling is for the unintelligent and ignorant? Then so be it. I understand that for some small minded people the internet is a chance to behave in a way they never would in a public forum, call people names they never would to their faces but I do not see why that should be so. If you are an ignorant child online you are probably an ignorant child in real life.

DonH reply to Anonymous on Feb 23 at 13:13

You're hilarious. If you think calling refs names when you're angry with them is childish and stupid then maybe sports isn't for you?

We're trying hard to lose this game

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:13

Got to have a stop here. Got to.

That was a charge. Fuck me. FUCK ME.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:14

Fuck you Violet!!!! same exact play and you call block... bullshit

Thanks again bitch.

BITCH...did it again

tough call.

Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:15

WOW REALLY VIOLET PALMER GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Court_visioN reply to Court_visioN on Feb 22 at 22:15

man dan gilbert is right. typing in caps does make you feel better.

Think that was the right call, looking at the replay

Anonymous on Feb 22 at 22:16

The officials are not to blame for awful offensive execution tonight, or any other night.

The sixers had a hot hand in the first half, and as is typical, ignored him in the second half, even if he is a bench player. At this point it is a conscious coaching decision by Collins that I can not endorse. It makes no sense.

Win or lose, poor offensive execution is why

Great, Lou iso and he turns it over. That's fucking great.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:16

Well I'll be damn......................somebody want to clean the floor after that timeout or what??? shit

BoulderEagle on Feb 22 at 22:17

Much like the TWolves game, it's really messed up when the refs decide to take the game into their hands. Same play, different calls.

Notice how the out of bound line doesn't apply to Scola?

Anonymous reply to BoulderEagle on Feb 22 at 22:22

If the seventy-sixers had played better tonight or against the Timberwolves offensively, the referees would not be in a position to, as you say, decide it.

There is no one to blame but the players on the roster, the coaching staff, and the front office for the roster. They bear the blame as a whole. Not the officials, not luck, not destiny.

Each player and coach needs to take a look in the mirror and make a commitment over the break to be offensively, to be more intelligent offensively

Personally, I would prefer the various players involve take this weekend off and focus on not being terrible

hehe home court advantage

Lou, what the fuck are you doing? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Feb 22 at 22:20

referring to what? i'm lost

Letting the ball go out of bounds

Standing there and watching the ball go out of bounds when it was clearly off Thad.

philly ball; cmon zebras

Ru kidding me???!!!! The all star break couldnt come any sooner. Wow!!!!!

Well that was a dumb foul.

Still can't get over that and one for Lowry. After calling a flop charge for him on the other end...

Man.

Sixers enter All-Star break with 5 game losing streak.

Goat of the game: Evan Turner; his ineptitude allowed the boss (and Meeks) to play a record 33+ MINUTES EACH!!! to comp for Jrue's foul trouble.

Gdog (but not gdog) on Feb 22 at 22:25

Rockets 91-Sixers 84.

Differential was close

Wish I was wrong.

eddies' heady's on Feb 22 at 22:25

So Brian James is the offensive mastermind? He's calling the play in the huddle.

PHI 87, HOU 93 Final.

Five days to think about this mess. Collins better install some fucking plays.

Vucevic is better than I expected him to be. POTG

eddies' heady's reply to Alvin on Feb 22 at 22:35

Yep, he outplayed Sam by a mile. Had more blocks than Dalembert.

I think we're going to see a different team after the All-Star break....a move is coming after this 5 game skid. I really think / hope so. Just hope we come out on the better end, whatever it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Palmer Read the last sentence in her Referee career

1. i do think this is bad stretch, we were hot for most of the season now were cold, every team has this I think the break will do us fine.

2. Spencer Hawes if and when he comes back this season will be a plus, funny how a guy we hoped would not accept his 1 year deal is going to be a major plus when he comes back.

3. The team seemed to play cold after the alleged evan turner/collins dispute. I keep reading comments about et squandering major opportunities is the previous games. Evan Turner knows what he is capable of, his major opportunity came last year when he showed he was the future in the heat playoff series. Collins likes his rotation, i dont blame collins, its working, Turner looks like he doesn't want to play collins.

4. That leaves me to my last, Collins I think has done irreversible damage to turner and it has hurt his coaching because playing turner 15-20 minutes a game has forced him to play a nbdl player 30+ minutes and forced to play lou more minutes and making lou work harder on both ends of the floor which i think is causing lou to play like bad lou for this long. The sixers will be better at some point especially with hawes coming back.

If we make a trade i do believe turner will be involved, you can see him and collins don't get along and at this point collins has more power in the front office and the locker room.

Ugly first 30+ minutes of this game. I enjoyed watch most of the final qtr. Though that part was intense and well played by both teams. That the ending was so influenced by 50/50 calls going the wrong way was unfortunate- but that is the risk you take being in a tight game on the road.

Short term I think this team is not really headed for anything. maybe a first round playoff win, maybe not. Long term I'm hoping Vuce is becoming a reasonably good staring NBA center- although he has a lot to learn in terms of how to use his size defensively. But even with Voose showing signs of turning into something- they still need to find some kind of high flying athletic PF. And I have mentioned how I am not sure Jrue will display pure PG skills if/wen they have the right weapons.

I guess if you need something to hang your hat on, it's that the defense is legit with more than a few weak links in the rotation. If that holds in the long run, then maybe you don't have to land a super-duper star to boost the offensive end. You can get a one-way offensive player or two to fix the offense. I guess that qualifies as a silver lining, though the team described probably isn't going to be a contender anyway.

tk76 reply to Brian on Feb 23 at 1:04

Yeah, the defense has been impressive- especially considering their bigs (as in lack of.)

I guess it is part of being a fan that solid structural defense is just not all that exciting. Especially when it is not anchored by great bigs who close down the lane (like back when the Wallaces played for the Pistons.) But you cannot argue with the overall effectiveness of the Sixers D.

Of these five losses, I'm not sure how many of them they "should" have won. Probably 2 or 3. It's not as bad as it seems or feels right now, they just need to get healthy and figure some stuff out.

I guess the thing that bothers me so much is that w/ a team like this, with no one guy you can count on night in, night out, you kind have to hope to catch lightning in a bottle, right? Like you hope each night one of your eight or nine guys can catch fire and be your "superstar" for that night if you need one. Well, that's happened the past two games with Jrue and then Voose, but they stopped riding them. It's just frustrating, I guess.

johnrosz reply to Brian on Feb 23 at 1:20

Inability to ride the hot hand is one of DC's greatest flaws

Alvin reply to johnrosz on Feb 23 at 1:33

totally

I understan the star by comittee idea- and it works to an extent given how many guys they have with the talent to step up.

The problem is that "real stars" have at least the potential to play like that for an entire game. While the "Sixers" stars tend to only rise up to that level for 1-2 qtrs- leaving it up to Collins to find the next available hero once the previous one peters out.

Also, when a real star is struggling you can usually keep going to them and be confident they will eventually get theirs. No such luxury for the Sixews. Many of there guys stay cold for entire games and longer

johnrosz on Feb 23 at 1:00

Will ET even be in the league after his rookie deal is up?