Sixers Look To Maintain vs. GSW

Spencer for hire on Mar 2 at 7:42

As it is with most rookies, our 2 young bigs show a lot of inconsistancy but also look promising at times. What they have to do is not play like crap both on the same night, like last game. Split up the ugly games , please guys!!! Vuce goes off tonight.

South Broad on Mar 2 at 8:41

Tip is at 8 on ESPN.

Should be an easy win for the Sixers. Warriors are a terrible road team and Steph Curry isn't healthy either.
Sixers 102-Warriors 81.
This is similar to the Detroit game. You win its expected---you lose its a huge upset.
Lets see what happens Sunday when the Sixers face the bulls with Luol Deng in the lineup and a healthy Derrick Rose.
BTW--check out D Rose's performance guarding tony parker Wednesday night. 11 pts. Now THATS lockdown PG play. We don't have that on this team.

Ryan F on Mar 2 at 8:51

Really need an easy win tonight. My health is greatly affected when they play tight games. My BP has been so high during games lately, it feels like my heart is about to jump out of my thumb. If these shit performances keep up, I'm going to have to stop watching.

I really hope that if Curry is available as Broussard says, Thorn is doing his best to put together a sane package for him. Curry between Jrue and Iguodala would be beautiful.

Stan reply to Ryan F on Mar 2 at 9:20

Yea, I'm 22 and I feel like a 40 year old man when I'm watching these games. I can't handle close games against good teams because in the back of my head I know that they'll lose.

I'm about 40... and feel bad for you.

GoSixers reply to tk76 on Mar 2 at 14:04

How about 40? I've got less than a week (Shaq is exactly one day older than me - thank god - i'd hate to share a birth day with him)

CSTH reply to GoSixers on Mar 2 at 14:17

I turn 40 same day as Shaq. Happy big one!

GoSixers reply to CSTH on Mar 2 at 14:25

Meh

I graduated with a crap load of over achievers, all my birthday does is make me maudlin and remind me of my under achivemer status :)

Same day as the Big Diesel or Shackleford?

Spike Eskin posted an article about trading Lou Williams:

It would hurt the team now, but if the team has any reason to believe he will opt-out they should definitely be looking to trade him.

bebopdeluxe reply to Scott on Mar 2 at 10:48

I agree 100% with that article...especially if we could get a young project big for him.

thatguy reply to Scott on Mar 2 at 13:52

I really liked this article and feel that Blog Commenter Scott knows a lot about basketball. If he is going to walk at the end, trade him. I do like him though. Especially the youtube documentary videos he made of himself.

eddies' heady's on Mar 2 at 9:31

Does it mean anything that Russell Westbrook had only 2 rebounds last night and only 5 his last game before the break, yet a whopping 13 vs the Sixers? Does it say more about Jrue or our frontcourt?

IMO, it speaks to the team's rebounding.

It wasn't Jrue that he went by for that last rebound...

eddies' heady's reply to CM on Mar 2 at 10:04

But that was on a free throw. Most of the seven o-boards he got he came skying in and crashing from the perimeter. The guys down low are only responsible for one man, their own (not that they did an adequate job either). Boxing out extends farther out than just the paint.

Jrue was definitely culpable. I'm generally more lenient on points, because typically point guards don't even battle for offensive rebounds, but it should have been in the scouting report.

eddies' heady's reply to Derek Bodner on Mar 2 at 11:04

Yeah I'd say I'm more lenient too but he got so many early you would've thought Jrue or someone would have told him to be more aware of it. And I didn't notice Jrue leaking out early or anything.

Thanks for agreeing with my pointless point (whatever that was suppose to be...magee's often wayward).

GoSixers reply to eddies' heady's on Mar 2 at 10:30

And yet the Magic still blew a second half lead to lose the game, so maybe focusing on one point isn't the way to make your (pointless) point?

I'd say it means Orlando has Dwight Howard. Not much more than that.

Like his father Dell, another sweet shooter, Curry would be best if flanked by 4 men beside him on the court. As a centerpiece, falls way short. The 'Stephen & Monta' brigade: mountains of points, mountains of losses. Sixers in a Wilt-romp tonight.
_____

The one-and-only Dave Zinkoff at the mic during Wilt era:

after Wilt basket "'CHAMEbahlin"
after Wilt stuff shot "Dippuh dunk" (monotone)
FT announcement "shooting 'th-rrr-ee (pause) 4-2"
game break - "the Sevendee Sixahs call 'TYYYYYm"
after attendance numbers announcement "The Sevendee Sixahs 'THANKyew!"

welp now we know why Elson is gone...sounds like the Brack show will be back for this one:

Philadelphia 76ers‏ @Sixers

#Sixers News: http://on.nba.com/wopHkK Sixers have recalled second-year forward @CBrackins_33 from their @NBA Development League.

GoSixers reply to das411 on Mar 2 at 13:47

Why are they connected?

Court_visioN reply to das411 on Mar 2 at 15:30

Elson's just gone because his 2nd 10-day contract expired. Brackin's back on the Sixers because well why the hell not lol

^ yep this

thatguy on Mar 2 at 13:51

ItAintEZ on Mar 2 at 14:54

With the Warriors coming in tonight I have been thinking about Monta Ellis, since there has been trade talk about him. What I am wondering is, who on this team do you guys think (if anybody) would have better numbers than Ellis, if given the freedom to have the ball and jack up as many shots as he does.

GoSixers reply to ItAintEZ on Mar 2 at 15:15

Not sure by what you mean by 'better' - but go to basketball-reference and compare Monta and Lou - lou's a more efficient monta - and cheaper

ItAintEZ reply to GoSixers on Mar 2 at 15:41

I understand that Lou has more efficient numbers in his current role, but what do you thinks his numbers would look like if he (or anybody else on the team for that matter) played as many minutes and had a similar usage rate as Monta. I don't think its as easy as just saying his numbers are x so multiply that by y and that is the answer. I think you have to take into accout the amount of minutes played can fatigue a guy and that the quality of shots may not be as good with an increase in attempts.

Not just looking for numbers just opinions.

Lou and maybe Turner are the only guys w/ the mindset to play that kind of role on the Sixers. I think Lou could probably do it if you put him on GSW w/ about the same efficiency as Ellis. Don't think Turner could.

GoSixers reply to ItAintEZ on Mar 2 at 15:45

I get what you're asking, but I have no idea why. Monta Ellis is over paid and a jacker, why would you want anyone to be like him on the sixers?

This is pretty much a gimme win for the Sixers-the real game of interest(to me at least)is on Sunday. Will you all actually be watching this game closely from beginning to end or just tune in, check the score, tune out etc.

Rich reply to Gdog on Mar 2 at 15:26

Pretty safe to say most people here don't purposely miss a game if there are no other obligations in the way.

GoSixers reply to Rich on Mar 2 at 15:36

I tape games because of working on the west coast but sometimes i'll just watch them from the time i get home until the end - other times i'll start them from the beginning when i get home.

The OKC game I watched from mid 3rd quarter on - never watch the beginning

matt reply to GoSixers on Mar 2 at 16:07

Its a shame really

Well yeah, that's a difficult circumstance. I know you watch all you can though. That's probably pretty nice if you can stay away from the score, fast forward through breaks and all.

Ill keep an eye on this game for the sole reason of seeing Monta Ellis and Steph Curry if he plays. Im of the opinion Monta Ellis is a great scorer and I would like to see if he is really just Lou with more attempts (and the same deficiencies) or if hes something better. Of course nobody on the Warriors as good as Iguodola will be guarding Lou. Steph Curry was awesome in college, 1st time seeing him as a pro.