Welcome back, Brian.

As anyone heard anything about Bynum? It's been 2 weeks now and not a peep? Having watched every minute so far, the Sixers without Bynum, and without jrich for that matter nick young is not good), are just not that interesting. I think to keep up the momentum the team established with the fan base a message about Bynum is overdue.

I was there opening night and the place was fired up. After getting smoked the last 2 games, we could use something to hang our hats on. If it's Dec.1, Jan.1, even Feb. 1, we deserve to be in on at least a little bit of information. This is the first significant communication gaffe of the new ownership. They think they are managing expectations by not putting anything out there, but trust me, disinterest is rearing its head.

Leonardo Palma on Nov 7 at 11:46

Fan from Brasil here, been following the 6ers and Depressed Fan for a long time!

I gotta say I'm not so confident in winning tonight, to be honest I'm not confident in winning ANY games until AB steps in... Maybe it's because of the pounding we got from the Knicks... but I don't feel we have interior strength, AT ALL. Thad seems to be soft as a leaf, even though some say he's stronger... he seems pretty weak to me. Lavoy seems lost, Spence is clumsy as hell...

However, I am most concerned about people from the US East Coast, wishing things fall into place for y'all. God bless and go 6ers!

Welcome :)

Leonardo Palma reply to Xsago on Nov 7 at 12:59

Thanks dude!

On another note, is there any update on Bynum's injury?! how about J-Rich, is he playing tonight?

Court_visioN on Nov 7 at 12:35

aw damn. the game's on ESPN tonight? I can't catch it live, I was hoping I could catch it on league pass later. Poop.

WEll - it's not as easy as league pass - but ESPN does rerun games they air

The sixers game will re-air at 4 am eastern time on ESPN2 - and compressed down to two hours

Jrue: All-star numbers maybe, but when you're the floor general of a team averaging 85.3 (29th of 30) you're below all-star play. Still showing AAU habits. Is best at setting up #11. Shooters need the ball in their spots, with feet under them. 26 assists, 13 TOs about same ratio as last year. Vicarious Collins' green light to Jrue doesn't help in my opinion. Priority #1: get others going. Maybe he took notes of positive methods and results of Knicks' veteran trio (3 gms, 42 A, 15 ST).

N. Young, Wright and Allen: up is their only direction. Maybe it begins tonight.

The problem isn't too many shots for Jrue. Given the shooting of the rest of the team, he should probably be shooting more. The turnovers do need to come down, though. And I'm sure they will.

Biggest issue, other than Bynum's injury is Turner's shooting, and Nick Young imitating Turner. That, and the fact that Turner has been so bad, Collins isn't even letting him run the second team offense. The team is completely helpless when Jrue is on the bench.

jay reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 14:46

This is a touch frustrating from you. ET has not been great, but he has a 14 PER while shooting 28%. He's not going to shoot 28% the rest of the year while it's entirely possible he will continue to get to the line as he drives to the lane. Throw in great rebounding and reasonable defense and ... I dunno, I'm not as committed to the ET defending as others on this site. But you get my point.

Go crazy on Nick Young.

Did Stan Hochman's riddle about ET ever get solved? Last year the veteran newsman alluded to some sort of unveiled personal problem or impediment regarding Turner that when discovered would usher in fan sympathy/understanding regarding his performance. It's still under wraps as far as I know.

I'm really not a big fan of PER, but he's currently at 10.4, not 14. That's abysmal. His rebounding has been good, it always is. Defense...eh. I guess he did well against Iguodala. He wasn't on Melo in the Knicks games. The rest of his offense has been just atrocious, and I can't believe the people who used to complain about Iguodala's body language aren't going nuts about Turner's antics.

I don't get why people are still defending this guy so vehemently.

I'd actually recommend listening to a game on the radio, because you'll be able to hear very clearly how bad things happen whenever Turner has the ball in his hands.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 20:01

"I don't get why people are still defending this guy so vehemently."

Extremely puzzling. Just can't figure that one out. Wish I could, but can't. The evidence is plain as day, but some just continue to turn a blind eye to it.

Court_visioN reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 8 at 13:59

I think it's more denial than turning a blind eye, haha

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 20:08

And he wasn't really on Iguodala, JRich was. Turner was matched up against Andre Miller mostly and was eaten up by him.

jay reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 20:23

My bad, ESPN has the Per at 14+. B-Ref has it at 10. The reason I'm pushing back is that you're just brutal on him and at this point not "fair and balanced". Like I said, I'm not a true believer but between you and Eddie, it's kinda over the top.

No - it's really not - Evan Turner is a bust and has shown nothing to justify starting on an NBA team - all that's left are those who still think of him as the "#2 pick" (in what is turning out to be a weak arse draft) and the player of the year lin college (big deal) in a weak 'nba translating' conference.

He has done nothing to earn his starter minutes...nothing

I expect a win tonight. The Hornets are a disciplined and well coached team, but have as many injury issues as the Sixers. I am not clicking the panic button after losing 2 games to the red hot Knicks. The Knicks have been by far the best team in the league so far and those games are hardly indicative of where this team is. I expect a much better performance on the defensive end and a bounce back game for Wright, Allen and Turner.

The Hornets are 2-1 and their only loss was a 4 point defeat against the Spurs.

Stan reply to Stan on Nov 7 at 14:42

Nevermind. Davis and Rivers are out tonight

Rivers being out is probably a bad thing for the Sixers. He hasn't been playing well so far.

Never saw so many early season games missed injuries in my life. Seems like an epidemic. Behold: Agents, players' union, mothering team staffs, soft player mentalities.

No lockout to blame it on too.

jswigga on Nov 7 at 18:00

Shout out from Japan!
These 6ers look like straight garbage. Yeah, Jrue has stepped up and yeah can be a beast, but Swaggy was not and is not the answer to our woes. Neither is E Turner for that matter. I know I have supported him in the past -- perhaps not as staunchly as others -- and I feel it is time for him to move on. He has a valuable skillset to be sure... it just doesn't fit these 6ers' needs.

For anyone who hasn't figured it out: Bynum is hurt. Damaged goods. That should be obvious... is there any other explanation why he has not so much as practiced with the team...? He can't.

Really bummed that 3 games in we are exactly where we left off and our season is over. Welcome back Depressed Fan!!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:05

Don't know what to think/expect tonight. If tonight goes like the last two in any way, you'll see why Jrue does and did shoot as much as he did. The kid realizes he's the only hope on some possessions, especially those that are winding down against the clock. I, too, wish he would set guys up more, but the discombobulated plays and the lack of execution of them are glaringly obvious more times than not in the halfcourt.

Really would help if Lavoy and NYoung would get off the schneid. And Dorell making just a few more of these wide open looks he's been getting at times.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:10

Thad better keep his tail draped on Anderson out at the arc. Hope he doesn't drift/cheat down to help all the time, leaving Ryan open for kickouts.

Aaaand we're off.....Lavoy loses the tip.

Tried to go to Thad in an early post there, no dice.

Jrue is in Grievus (sp?) jock. Keep pressuring him like that. Nice work on the o-glass, Thad.

Turner w/ a terrible pass for the turnover. Then nearly turns it over w/ a loose dribble on the next possession.

Great find, Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:15

Good post position Thad.

aaand, Jrue throws one away.

and another. Get into the paint, please.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:18

Clean it up, Jrue. COme on man

Doesn't look like they're going to breaking 90 in this one. Maybe 50.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:20

No offensive flow early here. Just no cohesion whatsoever. I try to determine what they want to do with their sets or what the options are supposed to be, but it's pretty hard to figure out or see, to me.

Turner hits the J. Waste of a kick out, anyone else that's an open three. At least he hit it, though.

Great look, Jrue.

Is the comment counter working for other people? It's stuck at zero for me.

eddies' heady's reply to Jesse on Nov 7 at 20:25

It doesn't work on Mac's using FIREFOX and it hasn't for a while - Just hit reload a lot :)

Jesse reply to GoSixers on Nov 7 at 20:40

Good to know. Thanks

I have not tested other mac browsers - it doesn't bother me so much - it might work on chrome or safari or opera though

Hawes for Allen, I think. SD blows.

Thad, blown bunny. Bad spacing on the break.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:27

Great hands Jrue, getting in there help-side poking for the steal.

Thad blows the bunny assist from Jrue.

Jrue to the bench. Danger time. Ivey running the point.

Jrue passing very well so far this season. The turnovers haven't really come from bad passes but more often from off the dribble.

sissy layup

I think all my lou 'dislike' is easily transferred to Nick Young

Doug, that's what happens when you run a unit out there w/ no legit point guard.

MCT reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 20:34

Sadly that's how it will look whenever Jrue is out. Can't believe we couldn't get a vet PG to play 8 to 10 mins a game.

It's not couldn't, it's wouldn't.

MCT reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 20:37

good point

PHI 16, NOH 19 after one.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:34

Really shitty quarter. Rather putrid. They're lifeless out there. No spunk, no energy, just going through the motions sort of. Somebody's got to step up and show on-court leadership out there. Haven't shown any through first three games thus far.

Oh, Swaggy

Christ, Young is such a chucker.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:37

Man, I wish Nick Young would stop drifting backwards every time he launches a J. It's maddening.

Warrick always kills the Sixers. Hate that guy.

Turner at the four. Hawes trying to work against alligator arms on the blocks, comes up empty.

Bad shot goes in for Turner in transition. Maybe he's hot tonight.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:40

Who's at the four here? Turner or Young?

Bad shot for Jrue goes in.

Ugh, thought that was a three. Man, Jrue really passes up a lot of open threes. He needs to look for his shot more.

Yes he does - but as the point guard he's supposed to be setting up the rest of his team - but they seem clueless as a whole so he's kind of screwed

The open 3 passing is a common problem - he needs to break if this year

Jrue charge. Turnover #3 for him. UGh.

South Broad on Nov 7 at 20:44

Really tough to watch this. They're rudderless.

Ivey for three. Tie game.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:47

Get it together, Jrue. ugh

Butterfingers. Not sure whose turnover that is, but it should be Jrue's. Have to catch that. Come on.

Geez, another blown bunny from a good Jrue pass

3/3 for Turner.

thad from jrue

Damn it Jrue TAKE THAT THREE

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:49

Good over-the-top pass from Jrue to Thad for the lefty hook.

Great find. Thad was fronted, that's a tough pass to get in there from the baseline.

Take the open three, Jrue. Great pass after.

Turner, gotta have that board. Lazy,

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:53

Lavoy's so out of sync.

10 TO

No free throws yet?

Two turns in a row for Lavoy.

sissy 3

If you're watching ESPN i'd stay to watch the clippers - deandre jordan actually seems to have done something sixers big men don't know how to do - he worked on his game and has developed some offensive moves

Spence for three.

Junk PUnch - EVERY time

How much did lopez get paid?

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:56

Hell of a drive and kick from Jrue to NYoung. But as usual this season - BRICK

Nick forcing a turnover w/ some pressure. Nice.

Palming? WTF

Jesus, five turns for Jrue. That's just sloppy.

six. Stonehands Hawes, but shouldn't have thrown it. Unreal. 7 dimes, 6 turns.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 20:57

wtf Jrue!! Get your head in it son....

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:01

Pull the trigger Jrue!@!!! Aw shit, another bad pass by Jrue, pull him out and sit his ass down Doug

Can't really sit him. Plight of a team w/ no backup point.

Or back up two guard or power forward :)

Or back up two guard or power forward :)

Jrue, shoot the fucking ball. Ever.

Damn it jrue - just take over

Do that every fucking time, Jrue.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:02

Sweet hesitation by Jrue.

Turner hits another. Should've been a corner three, if they had a shooter on the floor.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:04

Damn Jrue, don't fucking shoot THAT one. ugh

Get a hoop to end the half, please.

Ha, when Nick Young isn't hitting his shot he is completely useless.

So - he's willie green?

MCT reply to GoSixers on Nov 7 at 21:08

Willie attempted to play D at least, I would say 'Swaggy" is worse

Agree to disagreee ;)

MCT reply to GoSixers on Nov 7 at 21:11

deal

Ugh, Nick Young. Ugh.

PHI 36, NOH 37 at the half.

Good news, the second half can't possibly be that bad...right?

Only 9 minutes for Dorrel, 13 for Nick Young. Wish one of those guys could hit an open J.

ESPN does a lot of things not well - but whoever supervises their marketing/commercial department is a genius

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:09

14 freaking turnovers already. And almost half of them from your starting PG. And most, if not all, of the unforced variety. Arrrgggghhhhhh

What an ugly first half. Someone needs to step up before the Hornets find out that going inside every time is a better idea than taking a bunch of contested outside shots.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:11

No trips to the line. Very, very few fast break points. Arrrrggghhhhh x2

Iguodala bitching Harden.

So Wilbon claims Iguodala was 'not unhappy' in Philadlephia but was happy to be traded to Denver.

harden facing the nuggets is 2-7 at the half, not sure if andre is guarding him

What the hell - Bill Simmons now qualifies for studio work? COME ON

Jrue on pace for a triple double. 12 points, 16 assists, 12 turnovers.

Brian - are you still doing those half time graphics things? I got mondays game as well for you

Nah. I'm barely able to do a game thread right now. Not sure what I'm going to track this year, I'll figure it out when we get power back and things return to normal.

nice play to start the half

9 dimes for Jrue. Lavoy hits from 10 on the baseline.

10. Turner hits another long two.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:25

Evan Turner is dare I say on fire!

Guess that was his heat check.

Turner corner 3, no good...heat check

Jrue to the line. YAY.

Get inside, get fouled. Gj Jrue

free throws!!! yeah!

nice job thad

And Thad forces the turnover on the inbounds. Nice.

Shit, gotta hit that DW.

Wright's length is so disruptive. Fixture on the wings, even in the midst of a cold spell.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:28

Much better rhythm to start this half here. And better effort

Dorell needs to get a layup or free throw (rarity tonight) to get his feel on his stroke back.

thad taking the charge

Pass the fucking ball, Turner. Nice job, Wright. Thad w/ the finish in transition.

10-0 run to start the third.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:30

Dorell is sooo long.

Turner is a chump under the basket. Wright, again. Consistently breaking up transition.

Zumoff, "How DARE YOU!" after wright's block

Btw Turner let the shot off a good foot below the rim. Just go up with it. Can do it on the boards...

I'm really liking what I see of Dorrell Wright - at some point collins just have to give him all of turnners minutes right?

He's making plays every game and doesn't turn invisible when his shot doesn't fall.

This is what I'm saying - his minutes need to grow - this is one of those times where dougs short term desire to win over player development won't bother me so much :)

As long as the player is about Bynum's age then I would consider it player development. That's the eventual core.

more free throws!!

Great defensive possession there, and Anderson hits a miracle at the shot clock.

Wright to the line? Nice.

Another Jrue turn. UGh.

Terrible shot by Turner. They passed up at least two good looks near the basket for a contested long two. Sigh.

now there is the inefficient Turner I know. 10 pts on 10 shots now

12 on 11 :)

Four trips to the line all night...

Thad's really doing an excellent job on Anderson.

Lopez travelled - what the hell

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:38

Nice find, Jrue. Good entry zip pass.

Hawes is soft. Even the dunk was soft. The rim scoffed at his gimpy wrists.

Was that Jrue to Spence?

and on cue, Anderson gets loose for a three.

Turner costs Jrue an assist.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 21:40

yes on your first question

That wasn't a gimme for Turner. Moving away from the basket, shooting over a shot blocker in Lopez.

Is evan turner a worse finisher than Andre Iguodala?

jrue in the post

That's it.

Pretty, pretty move, Jrue. To the line for the +1.

Jrue posting, that was just smart

Jrue next leveling

Jrue needs to use his physicality more often like that

Spence w/ the follow on the missed FT. Nice.

I think I'd like to see Collins rest Jrue for the end of the third, then plan to play him the entire fourth.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 21:45

STOP drifting backwards and fading away Nick!!!

I like the shot, he has good rhythm with it, but that's just terrible shot selection. He could get that "look" at any time.

nick young assist

Die. Die. Die. Nick Young does not need the ball early in the shot clock.

The way he's played this year - nick young does not need the ball - ever

Spence is a fouling machine. Keep this at double digits, please.

Young couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

PHI 57, NOH 47 after three.

Let's see another quarter like that right here.

Jrue still on the bench.

Monster lineup w/ Hawes and Allen up front.

Hawes with the "plank" defense. Stand there, make plays.

This lineup is offensively challenged

Jrue back in.

Bad shot by Jrue, but it falls. Put them away quickly, please.

Hope the Hornets have zero long-term deals outside of Davis.

Gordon.

and Anderson.

Lopez deal ain't short

Is he making the same amount as spence?

Another top five pick with Davis, Gordon, and Anderson is something.

Nice play, Jrue.

Turner is helpless when he drives.

It's so easy to forget Jrue is only 22.

Sissy slop rejected by Lopez.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 22:04

Who's worse at driving, Hawes or Turner?

Well hawes is taller - he can see over the dashboard better

Hawes is pathetic. Rather he shoot the three there, even with the close out.

Nevermind.

Bad shot, Jrue. Weren't even set.

eddies' heady's on Nov 7 at 22:06

Damn Spencer, he just shotputted that three.

Get spence out of there after taht

Sissy miss costs Jrue another assist. Good follow.

Hawes - you have to finish that suck master

5 FTs. Smh

Dorrel w/ the dagger.

x2

MCT reply to Brian on Nov 7 at 22:13

both nice looks from ET

Damn, the Hornets are awful.

Why is Jrue still in the game Doug?

Damn, the Hornets are awful.

POTG is Thad for me. Quiet on the offensive end, but grabbed 10 boards and did an excellent job on Ryan Anderson, who has killed the Sixers in the past.

PHI 77, NOH 62 Final.

2-2 on the season.

Didn't get to watch it, who did Aminu rack up those boards on?

Turner, mostly. That was his man. Though defensive boards happen. Not that big of a deal.

It's almost as if Simmons doesn't even know what he's going to say as he starts speaking.

Despite a string of terrible games, including this one if they faced any of the other 28 teams in the league, I like this squad.

In his limited minutes Kwame really showed what a legit center does to this team. If Bynum and Kwame give us a good second half of the season, then the backcourt should hopefully be rolling by then. I have no concerns over Jrue, Wright, and Richardson. Hopefully one of Nick Young and Turner shake out. And then there's the rotation at the four, but if that's the worst of their problems they should be alright.

Chris Paul says that the bench of the clippers 'excites me'.

Really like jrues game this year. Collins is letting him try to make plays this year which i like.

Nick young is in a funk but hell turn things around.

Turners flat shot will never be consistent. Aminu is a low end starting small forward and he played pretty even with turner, so thats where turners at right now.

Lavoy allen was awesome. Dude is automatic 20 feet and in, especially on the baseline. Reminds me of mo speights except he can play defense.

I cant wait to see what an allen-bynum front court looks like with jrue, j-rich, and wright out on the perimeter. That should be our best all around lineup.

Solid win. The Hornets played sloppier than usual, but credit must go to the Sixers defense. Thad continues his solid play on both ends of the floor and i think has taken a stranglehold on the starting PF position. I've never seen him establish deep position in the paint as much in the past and he is lethal when he actually gets the pass. Jrue quietly dominated and was the best player on the floor. His TOs will inevitably go down IMO as the team develops some chemistry. Too many new faces right now. Turner was average. His jumper was on, but he forced it at times. Wright and Nick Young can't buy a basket right now. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Overall a solid win against a team that has played relatively well early in the season.

Big Will on Nov 8 at 8:40

Thanks for setting up the game thread, Brian. Hopefully power comes back at your house soon. Watching the Sixers game with a Deprssed Fan game thread on the ipad last night was excellent.

Tom Moore on Nov 8 at 15:13

Link to Sixers early-season videos:

Twitter: @tmoorepburbs

Headed home now to see if we have power yet. I'm not hopeful, but if we do there will be another game thread tonight.

"Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?"
- appraiser William Joel

Good luck btw.

FKD215 reply to Brian on Nov 9 at 13:09

Good luck!

No Richardson and no Kwame tonight.

Former Sixers update:

Iguodala has been averaging 14.4 pts, 5 rebounds and 3.8 assists, but his a/t ration is .9

Harkless played the other day and got 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 3 steals

Vucevic has been averaging 10.5 pts, 8 rebounds, and 1 block

Lou Williams has been averaging 16.7 pts and 4 assists.

Jodie Meeks hit 2-3 pointers

Also:

Meltin' Elton: 10-30; 5.8 & 6.3 in 26.5 mpg

The Irrepressible Willie G: 17-32, .531 FG%; 7-15, .467 3Pt%

Marreese "Southern Cookin'" Speights: 16-29, .552 FG%

Andre "The Miner" Miller: 20-40, .500 FG%; 9.2, 4.4 & 4.2 in 26.2 mpg

Sam "Thanks, Billy" Dalembert: 2 & 2.7 in 13.7 mpg; leads league in FG%, 1-1

please, Please, PLEASE let the Lakers replace Mike Brown with Eddie Jordan. PLEASE!!!! Thank you.

Rob_STC reply to FKD215 on Nov 9 at 14:28

I am really amazed by this. Mike Brown is a very good coach. Even with supposed star power it still takes 20-30 games for a team to start playing together. Also LA overrated this team. Yeah they are good but they have no athleticism except for 34 yr old Kobe and Dwight coming off back surgery. And their bench is very weak. Terrible move IMO.

FKD215 reply to Rob_STC on Nov 9 at 15:03

Yeah, I'm surprised too. It's awfully early in the season to make this kind of change, esp since the team is hard to gauge in Nash's absence.

sfw reply to FKD215 on Nov 9 at 15:20

doubt it. Have fun with this.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Lakers are dumping Princeton offense, sources tell Y! Sports. "This (firing) was about the offense, more than anything else," source says. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Crisply decisive action by Lakers. Like when owner George Steinbrenner sold ABL Cleveland Piper player Grady McCollum to the Hawaii Chiefs at halftime of one of their games, shocking and perturbing head coach John McLendon.

speeke reply to Dollar Bill on Nov 10 at 3:03

rarely 100% sure what youre talking about but still makes me laugh

Still no power. Hoping to be able to listen to the game tonight, but that's even unlikely.

Mike Brown is not a 'really good' coach - he had the best player in the game - and even with that he underachieved what he should have done (in Cleveland).

His inability to 'control' Lebron in Cleveland should have immediately disqualified him for the Laker job.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell Eddie jordan would have been considered at all...they have got to bring in a 'name' coach that at least has won in the regular season. Vegas odds on favorite right now (that's right, vegas has odds on this) is D'antoni, who supposedly is willing to bring in a 'defensive coordinator' and has a connection to Kobe, plus, laker basketball would be more 'exciting'.

marcus reply to GoSixers on Nov 9 at 18:44

D antoni is a horrible coach imo. Why fire brown after 5 games what did laker nation expect hell even the heat went 9-8 the first yr than made the finals. I think they should have at least give brown until all-star break to see where the team was.

I'm not really sure what makes you say d'antoni is a horrible coach - cause his resume doesn't say such a thing.

Laker Nation expects more - and has higher expectations - and 1-4 (after being smacked out of the playoffs AND an 0-8 pre season) is unacceptable for a franchise that has championship aspirations every year.

As a fan of any Philadlephia sports team, it's a hard thing to understand, unless you are immersed in it somehow - be it living in NY and dealing with Yankees fans and their unrealistic expectations or living in the LA market (like i do) and sports radio is dominated by the lakers - even when the kings are winning the stanley cup.

When your team has enough fan support to start it's own network it's on a different level than most philadelphia franchises - I used to get all lakers games - now i get none cause of this new network

marcus reply to GoSixers on Nov 9 at 19:09

Something about his coaching that I just don't like. I see where you coming from though his resume doesn't say it that I aggree on. That Princeton offense wasn't a good idea he took a chance & it didn't work

Jesse reply to GoSixers on Nov 10 at 10:22

D'antoni is a one way coach (offense), and he has had defensive coordinators in the past, and his defenses are still always putrid. It's like Don Nelson - yeah you can field a decent regular season team but you will always get knocked out in the playoffs. Defense wins championships.

Fkd215 reply to GoSixers on Nov 10 at 1:41

Yeah, of course I know they wouldn't bring him on long term. I was just hoping that he'd be the interim instead of Bickerstaff. Even a couple games as head coach might have thrown the team off enough to slide them down the standings. And Kobe might literally choke him Sprewell-style.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:41

If only those Sixers I saw play vs BOS this preseason would rear their heads tonight, I'd be one happy mutha..

...geebus, just such a difficult chore for them to even score now though. Glaring weakness.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:44

Was just getting ready to say that, I really want Jrue to be more tight with the ball, at all times tonight (dribbling, passing, attacking etc), and he turned it over on a ill-advised pass on the 1st possession.

Just careless as shit...

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:45

D3!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:46

D3....BRICK!!!! he seems to have one of those every game the last couple

WTF is on Spencer jawed head lmaooo

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:48

And that chore to score has reached a 1 for 8 start.

ET with his shit packed. Literally, usually, casually.

nice pass jrue

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:49

Turner with the plunger, layup hesitation-move for 2.

Now sneaking backdoor, dish from Jrue. Good work.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:50

Sixers on a 9-2 run, take a lead finally. come on guys

Turner is the easiest guy to screen in the league...hands down

thad

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:53

Spencer with his patriotic headband on, for what is an adventure, but he probably has it on for some rally the GOP throng.

He truly looks like a goon, with his damn mullet all tied up. LOL!!!!

Lmaooo

johnrosz on Nov 9 at 19:54

Evan showing a pulse?

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:56

Good guys up 5.

I want to see some mettle from any one of these guys that are getting time on the floor.

But it seems to never appear. They're such weaklings, no toughness physically obviously, but more importantly mentally. It's somewhat a recurring theme though from year to year.

No leadership from anyone on-court, watch sometimes when whistles are blown and play is stopped, we don't even attempt a focus-you huddle. No one gathers the troops.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 19:59

Thad with a nice J. But that play pissed me off, and it was all on Ivey.

He had Thad on a pick and roll on the baseline wide open and didn't deliver it. And still had Thad waving at him still wide open even after the action was over, and still didn't deliver the entry pass, instead waiting for Thad to pop out to 16 feet and give him the rock then. That was bad basketball.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:02

Nick Young, please stop that shit, mang... damn you a gunning mutha...

nice pass nick

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:03

Good D from Moultrie.

NYoung passes one to Ivey. Well I'll be...

Moultrie is in the game in the first quarter? Are you shittin' me?

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:04

ET pass to Ivey.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:04

Offensive foul on Moultrie? what did he do

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:06

Man, Nick just kills me with all the fall-aways. Ridiculous and it isn't even close. He just needs to stop with that mess. Go straight up more, or stop floating back so far at least.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:09

Jrue misses a wide open three before the horn, and with the reach-around steal on Lee to end the half.

Philadelhia - 23
Boston - 20

They played marginally better, but still not enough. They need to be so much better to win this one on the road. They are doing a great job of keeping their crowd out of it.

sissy jumper

I'm on the train so I can't watch the game, but it looks like nearly half of Boston's points are from the line. That's pretty bad.

Swaggy for 3!! He needs to have a night

and another!!

nice pass jrue

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:15

Jrue with the swift dish to Thad.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:16

Thad bouncy, but misses as he often does from there.

Ugh Jrue, don't walk with the damn ball man.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:18

Get that shit outta here!! Thad...

Our team defense has been excellent at times tonight.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:20

I hope Brian can see Hawes in his bandana on youtube or something. lol he's a hoot tonight I tell ya...

sissy hook

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:23

The C's have already shot 14 free throws, with 11 of their 28 pts coming from there, the Sixers have shot a whopping 2, and Heinsohn calls it a "calamity!".

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:25

Heinsohn: This is turning into a calamity!!

swaggy!!!!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:26

WOW!!! Jrue feed to NYoung for the slam!!! Nice... haha

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:27

Spence fading away like Mitt.

ET J.

3 for evan

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:28

ET 3!!!! Pour it on guys, I despise these guys too.

nice jrue

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:29

Jrue. with the roll

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:31

Wow, Jrue again for the second time, blows right by Rondo to the hole! Keep doing that Jrue. He's been using that left hand to right hand crossover hesitation move to a T to get by his man. Wish he'd keep that up, and just incorporate some pump/head fakes and deceptive stuff once he gets to his spot.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:31

Turner with 2 baseline jumpers, one a 3. Am I seeing things??

Sixers are bottling up Pierce despite the 3 just now.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:33

The Sixers are doing nothing but making the Celtics make 20 footers.

ET with the shit packer again... dag Evan

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:35

like why keep trying to go in there, when the results often say that it ends in a wasted possession, hell i'd like to see him shoot that jumper instead of doing that.

And ET w/ the hesitation move himself

et

nice ET, make the freebie

8 assists for Jrue already. Good. 2 turns to go along w/ the 8 assists = great. Also, 4/4 from the line. Keep that up.

MCT reply to Brian on Nov 9 at 20:35

also a steal and a block, playing solid D as usual

sissy follow dunk

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:36

Our guys look like a might different bunch tonight. The Celt's look out of character a bit, but we look totally different.

Hawes follow!

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:38

Follow slam by Hawes. Now I know I'm seeing things.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:38

We're need to get to 60 in the first half f0r a serious confidence booster that they can actually score the ball. BIg differnence tonight probably could be attributed to execution. They've been much more crisp in their movements and plays.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:39

DC calls a timeout. Doesn't want them to squander points at the end of the quarter.

nice block jrue

Jrue with an awesome block to end the half

Charlie H reply to MCT on Nov 9 at 20:44

Is that what happened? Thought it was just good defense and a blown layup.

Seems like DC has the Cs offense all mapped out. They're not getting many open looks, and they're mostly long 2s.

MCT reply to Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:45

I thought it was a block, and that's how they scored it, but on the replay it was hard to tell. Looks like maybe he got a piece of it.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:41

And great recovery D to end the half and keep them from scoring.

What a half. We are scoring at the rim a lot. Keep that up and you win.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:41

Didn't do any good - Sixers blow the possession and escape with a stop.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 20:46

Celtics shot lots of free throws, but I don't have a problem with it because it was mostly due to aggressive defense. Just wish the Sixers could find their way to the line.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:54

I want them to win this one so damn bad. Just because.

But we're shooting the lights out, if and when that stops, what will they do to keep this lead hopefully?

Charlie H reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:03

That's what I'm wondering, and it's starting now. Let's see if they score out of this timeout.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:56

18 fast break points are an indicator of those points at the rim. Bos has 2.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 20:57

Good look Jrue. Lavoy.

Thanks Sullinger!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:00

Who was responsible for that turnover to Pierce there?

nice work jrue

uggghh Turner, two TO's already this quarter

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:01

Jrue! way to stay with it...

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:03

Good timeout Doug. Good one, still up 9. Win this quarter by even one and they're sitting good. Just don't lose this quarter here.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:04

I remember that game vividly they just showed there... classic

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:05

D3! from Jrue

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:06

Ewww, off the wrong leg, Wright with the silky lefty teardrop. heh

thanks sully

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:07

Sullinger fouls Dorell on a 3 attempt. To the line.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:09

What awesome ball movement from everyone, but Jrue rims one out. ugh

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:10

Matter of fact, good ball movement from everyone all night, 18 dimes on 28 shots. Superb.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:11

Must have been a good groan by Pierce there. He wasn't fouled

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:12

Cheap foul call there. On Spence.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:12

These calls are unbelievable, but it's Hawes, so....

way to keep with it wright

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:14

Dorell w/ his own follow. Still up 10 and BOS is on a 7-2 run.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:15

Just keep this quarter close here. They can sail home in the 4th, the C's look somewhat gassed already.

sissy jumper

oh my fucking God, Spencer didn't touch Rondo!! His own teammate did. What the fuck, these refs on the take or something?

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:18

Rondo getting the star treatment. Dribbles himself into trouble and gets bailed out. God I hate that.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:18

Hmmmnnn, Jrue has on patriotic bracelets on both wrists, is this some promotion that I shouldn't have been cracking on Spencer looking messed up with his head gear?

It's 'veterans weekend'

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:21

Come on, hold firm here...

The Sixers radio guy is going nuts on the last foul called on Spence. Was it that bad of a call?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Nov 9 at 21:22

Certainly it was.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:21

Moultrie with a board. And now an o-board.

wright at the 4

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:24

Dag, a JT 3 and they cut it to 7.

We get a whole possession on ET dribbling for 20 secs he fakes goes to the line.

Hits both. Up 9. ugh give a bucket back before half.

Sixers ball to end it .... ET J!!!... Stop please

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:25

And they get the stop and secure the board by Turner, and he's pushed down and fouled, but no call as the buzzer sounds. BS

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:27

Please finish this guys.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:28

Annndd we give up an oop to KG to open the quarter.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:29

Evan, you've just got to stop going in there man... please

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:30

Unbelievable JT 3 and these crooks are down 3.

NYoung o-foul. wow, come on

Regardless of half time lead - had no faith the sixers would win this game

jrue to lavoy

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:30

Jrue Holiday stop it! Whoa! what a look and delivery!!!

Is Kwame injured or does Doug hate him already?

injured

MCT reply to GoSixers on Nov 9 at 21:32

hurt, calf bruise I think

Thanks to both of you - hadn't heard about it and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that dough is sick of him

For as much as everyone here hates on Turner, Nick Young is 20 times worse. Watching him makes me want to throw up.

Except this is what Nick Young has been every day of his NBA career, he's a streaky shooter who does nothing else - if he isn't hitting his shots he's useless

And he wasn't the #2 pick in the draft

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:32

Lavoy with what I think is his second follow attempt here off Jrue's miss. Back up 8 just like that.

Keep the tempo up like this, we're much more crisp in our overall movements.

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:32

Strong push here. They ended the 3rd decently and now are back to getting into the paint.

et!!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:34

Dorell attacks the glass pretty well. He's not afraid to go in there.

ET 3!!!!! Yeah..........

thad!!!

ET for 3! Thad with the steal and-1!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:35

Did Evan get a hand on that one that Thad scooped up and made an AND ONE!!! out of?

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:36

Hold tight here guys. Take the crowd out of it... still up 9

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:37

Jrue coughs one up. ugh

Man, Jason Terry makes me nervous when he heats up like this

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:38

JT uncontested floater. Up 7. Good timeout Doug again. Kill their momentum and silence their crowd some.

Kill their momentum and silence their crowd some.

All evidence to the contrary that it actually works

nice pass jrue

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:41

Need a bucket here. Jrue with a fucking laser pass to Thad for a turn and finish!!!! Wow

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:42

great pass Jrue - and a good catch and turn by Thad

What's up with calling palming this year? 3rd time this year it was called against us

I was wondering the same thing, maybe it's one of those points of emphasis this year - like flopping? Early in the season it'll get called more and then just fade away?

MCT reply to GoSixers on Nov 9 at 21:46

I guess, I mean it is a rule and all, but I've just never seen it called unless it was blatant before

Every year there's a few things they claim they're going to emphasize, and then it fades away...i guess this year it's palming (though the flopping thing might last longer - what with the penalty system)

jrue 3!!!!!

Jrue 3!!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:43

Jrue turned one over. Need stops.

Got one. Dorell to JRue in the corner. BINGO!!!! 4 3!

19 and 13 for Jrue! you go boy... hahaha

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:43

Jrue Holiday for 3!!!! Needed that.

Big Will on Nov 9 at 21:43

Jrrruuueeee!

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:44

I really despise the Celtics by the way. Just for good measure.

So is this the one game the Turner folk will point to?

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:46

ET steal.... Jrue to Thad back to Jrue. Finish at teh hoop for Jrue... yes

Best part of the box score right now is jrue and turner 9-9 from the line - like to see them get there more but at least they're making them

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:47

Turner with the stellar D on Rondo, making him go up high with that shot.

Good effort and execution from every team member that stepped on the floor, some less than others of course, but still.

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:49

That's the first times, or one of the few, that Turner has given a hard foul. Good job on KG there.

PP to the line for 2 for BOS. we're still up 9 but it's far from over

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:51

Crowd back in it. Only up 6. W/ 2 left. come on guys...

C's bad free throw shooting night is giving the sixers this game (the FT shooting disparity in boston ALWAYS seems obnoxiously high)

We got this one chalk it up

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:52

Jrue has used his dribble to get to where he absolutely wants to on the floor tonight. He's been above par in that respect. Consistenly broken the defense down time and time again. Welcome sight.

thad

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:54

Hah, ET out of the timeout!!! hell yes

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:56

meant Thad. sorry

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:55

c'mon Jrue, gotta take care of the ball with a minute left

nice defense by Turner again

Jrue with a career high in assists but a little tainted by the 7 TOs

of course he missed both

goddamn, Turner misses both...first misses of the year, at the worst time

I must have jinxed him with my comments...

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 21:58

ET misses 2, not over

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:58

Up 6 and ET pulls up for a J.

Jrue o-board. ET to the line. Celts crowd wants to go home. lol

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 21:59

Misses both. 2 possession game for them. 34 left. Come on guys only strategy now is no threes. duh

Are you watching on a delay or something - you're a couple minutes behind it seems?

eddies' heady's on Nov 9 at 22:01

Dorell with the dagger steal, pass to ET, dunk.

Job well done guys. Dominated these muthafuckas.

Redemption for ET, game over!!! Goodnight Boston

Charlie H on Nov 9 at 22:01

great game for Jrue

Turner absolutely killed it tonight. It's safe to say he's back!

GoSixers reply to Chris on