Rockets Anxiously Awaiting Philly

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 8:57

I haven't really thought that Jrue has been stellar or anything on defense this year (see Pargo and Westbrook and others), average to pretty good at times - yes, but it looks as if our defense has sunk to almost nonexistent without him on the floor. The lack of ball movement on offense has been bad enough but the defense has been even worse, just atrocious. Often times just flat out lazy.

That's 2 of 22. He's been good overall, and even in games where he isn't great, he's still soooooo much better than the alternatives, especially in the pick-and-roll and stopping penetration. Guys put up numbers, it happens, but Jrue consistently moves his feet and cuts off the first attack, something which didn't happen once last night in the fourth quarter.

Only thing to take away from last night's game is that maybe Dorrell found his stroke again.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That would be a big help if/when the full team is assembled.

I don't understand how the Sixers expect to win if their offensive gameplan is just dribble handoffs at the 3 point line. They are underdogs tonight vs. Houston, they should be more aggressive. Houston isn't a terrible team, they shouldn't try to play conservatively in hopes of keeping it close and winning it at the end.

it's been disappointing to see the Royce White situation unfold like this. i'm not entirely clear on what happened, but i know there was a disagreement over treatment between White & Morey. according to the Rockets, White wasn't going to therapy sessions they were paying for. i remember reading they were going to have a meeting but i don't know the results of that.

Sounds like another athlete who has an issue and ignores it, the stigmatization of mental health in professional sports is really getting bad.

This is really a difficult situation to get your mind around, because he's out. He's a poster child for the illness and he's done how many interviews about raising awareness and dealing with it?

Usually it's the stigmatization that causes people to ignore the issue, but that's not the case here. At this point, could he possibly be too proud, or too worried about the stigma to do simple things like accept the help the team is offering?

I won't pretend to know what's going on in his head, but if this is how it ends, he will have done immeasurable damage with what was a tremendous opportunity.

Well I can think of one reason he would be avoiding the help the Rockets paid for.

Same reason that I never talked to the therapists my mother picked for me, (I started at 8, I have multiple illnesses, and probably a progressive neurological degeneration coming when I get older based on my mother and her parents progression) you don't trust em. Hell at 8 I didn't know about doctor patient confidentiality, but I never really opened up to someone until I picked them (in my 20s, at college, when I was finally properly diagnosed) because no matter what the rules are, you don't trust someone with your problems unless YOU pick em. Ideally the Rockets should say they are willing to help him but they need to let White pick his own therapist, picking the right therapist is vital when dealing with something like this, if you don't trust your counselor you'll never open up, and you'll never get better.

It should be stated by me that I'm not a big 'drug' advocate for certain things. I believe in certain cases (depression) drugs don't do anything but mask your symptoms, and while you are learning to deal with your issues, they can be helpful, but 'pharmopsychology' is not a treatment for many things (Manic Depressives, they need drugs, because their brain chemistry is off, and their mood swings can harm them or others if they aren't balanced), it's just a quick fix that doesn't get to the root.

Obviously, this is a serious issue and a personal issue for me, but you look at the guy in Kansas City, ESPN did a thing about two college roomates that played football at South Caroline who both killed themselves. It's not the only issue that's ignored in sports (Drunk Driving is another issue that's minimized, personally I think anyone arrested for a DUI should be charged automatically with attempted murder - but hey - people in texas would thing I'm bloodthirsty when it comes to the death penalty), but being open about it doesn't always mean you're going to get better, Ron Artest is still a looney for instance

I can understand not wanting to open up to a doctor someone else chose, but refusing to even meet with him? Then walking away from the team when they want you to go to the D-League, those are contractual things. I don't think it's out of bounds for the team to ask those things, especially when whatever he's doing on his own obviously isn't making the situation tenable.

I don't think 'choosing your doctor' should be part of the contract...I didn't know about the d-league thing until just today, but I had heard that though the rockets said they would make accommodations for him on travel they seemed to be reneging on that.

Keep in mind that often times writers who make an organization look bad will end up losing their credentials (rightly or wrongly, it happens) and that might encourage them to write the 'franchise view' of things.

Just using a hypothetical, say an employee has his own doctor and he isn't getting better the point where he can't do his job. Fair for the employer to ask for a check up from their own doctor?

In theory, maybe (but HR and ADA laws in this country are nuts), but that's not the same as saying 'use this doctor we picked out for you for your treatment', it's a slightly different scenario, but I can tell you, just based on my history, that if it's a mental health issue, the patient will then have an issue with their current doctor for sharing information (I believe a patient must APPROVE the sharing of any medical records).

Again, the stigmatization of mental health isn't just in pro sports, it's everywhere, it's just it makes news in pro sports (or when someone shoots someone, or lots of someones, and then in 6 months no one remembers anymore cause something worse happened)

I don't wanna get into a debate about mental health policy in this country - in general or how it applies to certain things (like the second amendment for instance) because most people here couldn't care less to even read what we've written about it so far, and it's going to upset me.

Even with Jrue playing, do you think the sixers could take the rested rockets out?

And is Jeremy Lin the wrong guy for that team now that they have Harden (I'm talking on the court only, I'm sure the whole chinese link after Yao was a huge motivation in signing Lin, though the Rockets probably won't admit it)

Yeah, they could win this game. Jrue would abuse Lin mercilessly.

Except that Harden would abuse everyone mercilessly...he may not be great, but wouldn't be surprised to see Omer Asik score a season high in points tonight, he'll definitely be the best big man on the floor

FOrtunately for the sixes, the rockets are mediocre at three point shooting though.

I mean, sure, Jrue would abuse lin, but no one else on the sixers abuses anyone, while Harden would definitely counter Jrue and then Asik gets in the mix...I still give the advantage overall to the rockets unless Bynum is healthy too

Not saying it's a lock. But w/ Jrue, I'd give it a coin flip. W/out, maybe a 15% chance of winning.

I think you're being generous, a coinflip (though technically not) is a 50/50, without Jrue I drop it to 10% personally, with Jrue I'd make it less than 50 due to the on the road factor, the Rockets offense being that good compared to the sixers that bad defense (the rockets defense is worse true), I'd put it at 40%, at best,

With Bynum and Jrue healthy, I'd still put it at like 70/75% :)

Tuck reply to GoSixers on Dec 19 at 15:54

Basketball Reference gives the Sixers a win probability of 29% tonight. Not sure how they calculate that but just wanted to share.

it doesn't sound like anyone (White nor the Rockets) is ignoring it though. the Rockets have made numerous attempts to accomodate him. do we even know that they aren't letting him pick his own therapist? unfortunately we're only really hearing one side of the story, and until White is more forthcoming it is going to seem like he is being extremely difficult.

These stories make it sound like White isn't taking whatever steps he took while in college to manage his illness. That may not be the case, but that's the inference here, I think.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 13:28

It is tough to manage mental illness during times of big transitions and stress- even in the most supportive of circumstances. Then when things deteriorate people stay looking for who to blame.

Hopefully he settles a bit and everyone gives it another shot- but not surprising that the stress from the bijou to the NBA precipitated a problem that was not manageable. But you would hope it would become manageable once this becomes the new normal. But who knows of the player or the team we be willing.

I'm sure Royce, Ricky Williams and others could be successful in other less public careers given their overall dedication, but the outside stresses makes it an uphill battle in their sport.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 13:29

tk76 reply to tk76 on Dec 19 at 13:30

Sorry, wanted to correct the weird typo, but I think I'll quit while I'm behind.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 14:55

tk76 reply to tk76 on Dec 19 at 14:56

Please delete or ignore

Heh. I'm beginning to think the Kiwi wireless network isn't up to snuff.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 15:37

More of an end user problem I'm afraid to admit.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 15:40

BTW, 73F and 16 hours of sunshine today. I hope I don't get to badly burned during my lunch break...

Is the world going to end tomorrow down there, too?

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 15:45

No, it will end a day earlier here, as it is already Thursday. If I go dark consider it your early d warning to head for the mountains in anticipation of the landings.

Dude, rubbing in the weather is just cruel - I mean I could do it 90% of the time - but it's just mean to those who have to endure the east coast brisk

tk76 reply to GoSixers on Dec 19 at 15:50

Weather wise I'm probably in about the worst spot in NZ, so I'll take shots where I can. And I'd gladly take the mid Atlantic weather over Chicago weather and it's one pleasant month a year. Much better weather here... If only there was an ozone layer left.

Saw the Jodie Meeks is now the starter at SG for the Lakers. Kobe moving to the 3 and Metta WoldPeace to the bench.

I remember thinking last year that he wouldnt be a starter for any other team in the league. I guess things are pretty bad in LA, though.

They were talking about this just yesterday on local radio, how Jodie Meeks is one of the few players who naturally works in the D'antoni system, shoot or move the ball, that's what it supposed to happen very quickly and they were complimenting Meeks on fitting the system. The Lakers also have a pretty weak bench this might be a move to 'strengthen' their bench (as they see it) with Artest off the bench.

I turned off that bobcats game last night in the 3rd, I am surprised they pulled it out

Mike reply to Scott on Dec 19 at 13:28

Meeks is like their only shooter

Tell that to the sixers who got walloped by who again?:)

I love the "Play Moultrie" movement. Every year, people think one of these stiffs they draft in the mid-late first round is suddenly going to come in and contribute as a rookie. Moultrie is most likely the same as Speights, and Jason Smith, and Craig Brackins and Vucevic. Journeyman bigs with no marketable skills and more warts than beauty marks.

Here's a really fun fact for you. In the past 28 years, the Sixers have drafted 2 starting big men. TWO. Thad Young, who was really drafted as a three, and may still not be a starting four. And Sam Dalembert. That's it. Since they took Charles Barkley, 27 drafts, 2 starting big men. I love rooting for this fucking team.

I guess van horn was a legit starter for a stretch there as well. Of course, he refused to play for them so I'm not sure that should count.

It's not that they thinnk 'one of these stiffs' is going to contribute it's more 'dear god are we tired of watching Kwame Brown, Spencer Hawes and Lavoy Allen suck, can't we see SOMEONE else suck, someone we don't KNOW for sure what to expect'?

It's a kind of hope, based on nothing but flowers and candy and over reacting to whatever college numbers you want to look at - but it's at least hope - looking at the three names I wrote, I'd rather Moultrie play so it means less minutes for Spencer and or Kwame

Whatever, it's choosing the experienced stiff you know over the young stiff you don't know.

Exactly - but at least with the stiff you don't know - there's the chance you won't be disappointed - and for a moment there's hope :)

Collins won't even give them hope :)

Plus - remember how awesome Voose is playing in Orlando

Stan reply to Brian on Dec 19 at 17:59

Weren't Shawn Bradley and Clarence Weatherspoon starters? Just because they weren't good doesn't mean they weren't starters.

legit starters. Weatherspoon probably qualified for a couple of years. Bradley never did.

I know it's multiple regimes ago but that whole shaun bradley thing still just grates in my craw

Bradley was timid at country clubs. But "ya can't teach taw." Brigham Young's promo guy at the time must've been a marvel.

What promo guy - bradley spent the two years before he was drafted in another continent on a mission.

A raw, skinny kid who played 1 yr, vamoosed for sabbatical, ate vegamite sandwiches, then was drafted #2. Safe to say BYU's mouthpiece wasn't ineffective, whomever it was.

Don't think the BYU mouthpiece had anything to do with it actually - man I hate that draft

Webber 1, Hardaway 3, the prearranged swap beause the sixers so obviously were taking Bradley. Sure their careers were cut short by injury - but EITHER of them was a better choice than bradley.

Man that was a crappy draft (though Mr Sam Cassell did go 24th)

Let's be honest, neither of us know, but we like our prejudices.

Webber. Was watching him clown on the NBA channel the other night. He's still hard to digest. At least there's the '93 time-out vs. NC.

1993, I remember that draft, I remember YELLING every time they talked about how it was a LOCK the sixers would take bradley...I don't talk a lot about all draft picks - just the ones I was passionate about BEFORE they made them - they include

These were all 'wishes' I had BEFORE the respective drafts happened

1. Pro Iguodala
2. Pro Speights
3. Anti Bradley - I wanted Hardaway or Weber, and I was at a big 10 school that wasn't Michigan - but I knew Bradley was a horrible Idea - you'd think Manute Bol would have taught some lessons
4. Pro Larry Hughes, with the codicil that I didn't know Larry Brown was going to try and make him a point guard, and break him.

So I'm at 50% :)

I've started to grow out my Harden beard. Not shaving until Bynum suits up as a Sixer. Hope I don't end up looking like ZZ Top. I think Hawes is taking the same approach with his George Michael Mullet.

Oh man - well at least you'll save on shaving supplies the rest of your life

tk76 reply to GoSixers on Dec 19 at 16:42

More likely to end up looking like a balding Hassid than an aging rocker...

You could do worse...

telling you guys, the sixers woes start with no one on their team -yes even Jrue - having the ability to get buckets. Yes their defense has been garbage as of late, but that is the most consistent area of the team. their problems are on the other end of the floor. With the exception of Jrue we just can't score. Forget about Bynum. He's no messiah. With out the ability to put the ball in the hole the sixers don't stand a chance against N.O. Sacto or middle-of-the-road Houston.

no jrue tonight

Wayns starting for nick young tonight

Can Wright not play the position?

probably not for an extended amount of time

Nick young shoots - a lot - is doug saying he has more faith in Wayans shooting/shot selection than Wrights?

Sheesh - wasn't Wright supposedly some under used quantity at his old teams?

I'm not sure anyone here would even be interest, but at this years Sloan Analytic Conference at MIT they're providing 'networking opportunities' for folks who attend. They will have a 'resume book', restricted job postings and a linkedin group you can join ONLY if you attend the conference (which is weird - basically you have to pay to be in their linkedin group - but ah well - if you want an entree into the analytic side of sports it might be worth your time)

More info about the event can be found here

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:04

So what's Doug's method to the madness w/ Wayns getting early run? Does he just want to slot ET back to his normal spot at the 3? Because ET has tired legs on this back to back and reducing his responsibility? Yeah, the main guys are on weary legs, but I do not like the move, at all. He is such a liability on D, and most of the time he also is on O.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:12

How much of a height advantage does Lin have on Maalik?

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:12

Thad on Harden? ugh

it was a switch, was turner

man, there is no one in the stands tonight

Turner on Harden, that will be trouble. He took a big ol' shit on Turner last year.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:13

annnndd Harden shakes Thad with a stutter and gets fouled, to the line, first play.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:14

Must have been a switch on that first possession, ET on Harden the last two trips.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:15

Come the fuck on Wayns, throwing the ball to nobody. Well he threw it to Bennett Salvatore.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:16

Ends in a lost jump ball, should be a turnover on Wayns.

Of course, they get a Harden 3 off that should be turnover.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:17

Stay with the damn man Turner. Damn... protect the basket

kwame from the post?!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:18

This already feels like it's gonna be a blowout. We look pretty delayed and slow in our reactions already.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:19

ET gunning one, a miss.

Asik layup on other end.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:19

after Harden blew right by ET for the assist

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:21

15 pts given up in the first 4 and a half mins. Great start just like last night, bet they don't have a run in em to get back in this one like last night though. They really look lethargic already, esp on D.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:21

Maalik w/ a forced take, always falling to the floor ala Iverson.

lavoy putback

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:22

Lin over Wayns. I'd go there everytime if I was McHale.

JRich money!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:22

Wayns sticks on the pick, Lin floater.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:23

One pass and a forced JRich post up. miss again.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:24

Please get Wayns the hell out of there Doug!!! please...

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:25

Good, Dorell in for Wayns.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:26

Doug must really feel Evan is tired, he's not let him initiate one possession yet. Dorell taking over that role so far.

free throws, woohoo!

they are getting to the lane too fucking easily, this is disgusting

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:28

Evan brings the ball up for the first time. Douglas is on him, that's a tough matchup for ET

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:28

Where'd that Smith kid play in college?

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:29

Just give up an open 3....was that supposed to be Hawes man?

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:30

yes it was Hawes man, lazily getting back to contest at the arc. Big pussy

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:32

Ugh, Wayns back in already...

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:33

Harden blows by Dorell, Hawes fouls him.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:33

Fuck you Hawes and your turnaround.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:35

Donatas??? I wanted us to take him instead of Vucevic, of course there were many others I wanted us to take instead of Vuc.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:36

Is Hawes trying to look like Bill Wennington?

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:37

Harden pump fake, blows by Dorell, fouled to the line. I feel like a broken record...

sissy putback

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:38

Doug Collins ... please don't make me keep having to watch Maalik Wayns. Put Ivey in please, pretty please.

hawes follow

d3!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:38

D3!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:40

Ended that quarter on a 7-2 run. No false hope tonight though.

Keeping with the trend of the last two games - Rockets shooting 63%. Typical.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:43

NYoung hero ball. miss

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:44

Donatas abusing Spencer.

Spencer jacks a 3. Miss. Dorell jacks a 3. miss

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:46

DOrell jacks a quick early bad 3.

i wish the sixers would play at a faster tempo

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:47

ANd suddenly the Sixers are within 3.

Keep Wayns ass off the floor and they may stay close.

nice thad

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:47

Good pass Dorell to Thad. Mini-oop. Within one. heh 8-0 run

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:49

So Donatas comes back from the D-League and plays over Terrence Jones? Is Jones hurt or just not in the rotation yet this year?

not in the rotation

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:50

Harden is so lethal from the triple threat position. Drains a 3.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:51

Just a reminder Doug, please don't bring back Wayns this half.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:52

Sixers in the penalty with 7+ left here.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:55

Hawes with no mobility to get over and contest Morris driving down the lane. Fouls him.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:59

JRich rushed 3. O-board. JRIch shitty pass, turnover. ugh

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 20:59

Defense scattered, Parsons 3.

Timeout Doug.

evan close to a tech

eddies' heady's reply to sixerfan1220 on Dec 19 at 21:03

he's the bitchingest dude. wish he'd channel that mess

He learned from the best - by one degree of separation

Iverson --> Iguodala --> Turner

lavoys bad shot goes in

lavoy!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:11

Another end of quarter run here .... Cut it to 5.

If Nick Young didn't try hero-ball iso it could have been down to 3 maybe.

Rockets still shooting 55%. And don't look now but, the Sixers have 9 more OFFENSIVE boards (Lavoy and Hawes w/ 4 each) and 3 more free throw ATTEMPTS. Yeah, I don't know how either....

wright starting for wayns

lavoy for kwame

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:26

No Kwame, Lavoy starting this half. And thankfully no Wayns, Dorell in.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:27

Pass the ball Evan...

d3!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:28

Defense scattered, Morris 3.

D3!

nice pass evan

is he alright

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:30

Did Turner even look to Lavoy on that pass?

Evan's ankle is hurt.

mymanjrue on Dec 19 at 21:30

Turner hurt. Unreal

wright at point!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:34

He just turned his left ankle when he was no-looking-over the shoulder pass back to Lavoy. Didn't look to be too severe. Pretty bad sprain though I'm sure.

I could barely watch this team without Jrue, now no evan? I hate being a philly sports fan.

Could be worse - you could be a jets fan

Chris reply to GoSixers on Dec 19 at 21:37

I won't argue with that haha

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:36

Heh, Thad behind the back to his right and finish.

thad!!!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:38

Thad steal and breakaway dunk and-one!!! 10-2 run.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:39

They may just end up playing better without Evan on the floor. Probably be more ball movement. We'll see how it ends/goes here.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:41

Just don't let Wayns get any more burn now that ET's out. Please don't bring him in.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:42

Rockets in the penalty w/ 5+ left.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:44

NYoung fouled on a 3. Didn't think he made much contact w/ Harden on that last foul call either.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:45

Well, Evan's back.

Not for long

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:46

Turner doesn't stay in long, Wilkins in for him.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:47

Dorell with a nice hard take.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:47

Damn Thad....come on man

No chance they win this game

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:50

Hawes offensive foul out of a timeout. Great.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:51

NYoung 3. I wouldn't be so sure about them not having a chance to win this one.

I've been a Philadelphia fan for too long man. They love to give you hope only to let you down in the end.

Chris reply to Chris on Dec 19 at 21:54

It's also hard to win when you don't defend.

eddies' heady's reply to Chris on Dec 19 at 21:55

What year did they sucker you in?

Was born in '90 and didn't become a true philly fan until 2000, but 12 years is long enough when you're a philly fan.

eddies' heady's reply to Chris on Dec 19 at 22:00

Aw, you're in good shape man. Try since around '78-'79.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:51

Can we get a fucking whistle?

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:52

Hawes offering no resistance to Greg Smith. You wuss.

Hawes fouled.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:53

F me. Wayns back in the damn game. Gives up penetration to Douglas. Dammit Doug, why why why bring him in? shit

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:54

Hawes with no fucking clue where his man or the ball is.

6.5 per............

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 21:58

D3! from deeeeeppp

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:05

Get the fucking rebounds!!

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:06

Come on, this game is right here. Just one more run. And some stops would be nice too.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:07

Wasn't the still in Douglas' hand? that was a shot clock violation I think

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:08

JRich bad 3.

Jason can't stay with Harden. Put Dorell back on him.

13-23 on January 9th seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.

So, what are some good prospects in next year's draft?

buke reply to Yellow on Dec 19 at 22:33

Some decent big men but most of them will be pretty young (20 and under). That might be all we can hope for. Speculating about who they might take with their three picks might just be more interesting than the remainder of the season.

I watch the Sixers on League Pass Broadband and I get to pick five teams. I should get busy picking the other four. It was entertaining listening to the Houston announcers joking about Hawes, though. Last night the Dallas announcers were saying that he was channeling Bill Wennington.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:33

How in the heck did we score 50 points in the paint with no Jrue and practically no Evan? I know the Rockets D is bad, but still.

GODDAMMIT!
That was exactly what Im talking about. There is not one sixer - save Jrue - who can get buckets. Not one.

eddies' heady's on Dec 19 at 22:35

Dorell with another decent game tonight. Most interesting thing from him tonight was no turnovers in mostly 40 minutes of handling the rock.

Spencer with 7 trips to the line after 8 last night.

bynum has a MRI/trip to doctor tomorrow that will probably decide if he plays this year

You're right Head's...
Wright did have a huge game. and he has shown flashes of possessing some game. I take (some) of that back.

Well that was fun. Turner did a tremendous disappearing act before turning his ankle. Toney Douglas had him backing the ball up the floor. That's awesome.

Wright was potg, hope he plays like this if/when the team is healthy. Wayns is nowhere near an NBA player, btw.

The Six reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 1:52

Brian - Turner is averaging 15pts 4rb 7ast this year. I guess he can't catch a break from you on one of the few nights in the last month when he has a poor game and then gets injured. But then again you would trade him for "anything".

I agree with you on Wayns.

The Six reply to The Six on Dec 20 at 1:54

sorry...15pts 7rb 4ast

I'm not allowed to mention it when he has a bad game? He was overmatched by Toney Douglas, I think that's worth noting.

Rob_STC reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 8:25

To me the lack of defensive intensity looks very similar to the Eddie Jordan year. It is impossible to try to win games when teams are shooting above 50 % against you all the time. Until they correct that somehow they are looking at a very bad rest of the season.

Well, not a single plus defender set foot on the floor for the Sixers last night. Turner, who's probably average (but the best of the bunch on the perimeter) gets the easiest assignment every night because he's out of shape and can't handle the exertion. At times, you've got Nick and Wayns on the floor at the same time, so teams have their choice of mismatches. Their fives are either too slow or too dumb to provide weakside help. It's not exactly a winning combo on the defensive end. And forget about offense.

It has gotten to the point where I hate watching players who can draw fouls. It's as if the notion is foreign to Sixer players.

Tomorrow is both the end of the world and Bynum's MRI? Sounds like a "I got good news and bad news" kind of day.

Heh, fortunately, Bynum wanted to get the MRI the day before the world ended - if i'm not mistaken he is getting the MRI today.

Done in by a youthful Uncle Drew. 7-12 for 33. The country's economy is strong in spots.

The turkey from Turkey is no turkey. Feasted on Sixers bigs: 5 for 7 for 17. 15 caroms.

I enjoy watching Lin play. He enjoys playing. No Harvard square, that fellow.

There's a picture today of Turner on the floor, arguing with HIS TRAINER. The kid(et) just refuses to let up. Are you sure he wasn't College Pantywaist Of The Year?

Due to road trip confusion, Sixers played D like the original San Diego Rockets (121 points allowed pg). And that's not to throw green & gold astronauts John Block, Johnny Green, Dave Gambee and Toby Kimball - each were Sixers too - under the bus. The southern Southern California contingent was coached by Billy Cunningham's important sidekick, the late Jack McMahon. 15-67. Uh-oh.

Richardson. Wright. N. Young. All have surged AND disappeared at times. Consistency please. Not prudential: when game is based on solely on shooting the rock. At least Wright has another facet or two.

Before I surrender, Toney Douglas played like Douglas MacArthur.