No Rest For The Mediocre, Off to TO

Man, this isn't depressed, this is just bitter and cynical, when did you become me? (I don't watch cheers reruns, I mean I saw them all once, why would I watch them again when I can catch up on shows I never saw before - might I suggest you look up a little british show called 'black books'? I think you might enjoy it)

I figure it's been at least 15-20 years since I saw the Cheers re-runs, and they have every episode, in order, w/out commercials. The wife and I are watching a couple episodes a night, good way to wind down after a long day.

I'll check out black books. Also started watching Falling Skies, they have season 1 & 2 on Amazon, heard decent things about it.

Falling Skies is pretty good - if you ahven't seen house of lies on showtime (and can handle some really explicit 'adult content') it's one of the funniest shows on tv and don cheadle is the coolest man alive.

Interesting article on the "fake" great rebounders i.e. the players that have great individual stats but actually hurt the teams overall rebounding. The guys named in the article: Hickson, Howard, Cousins, Asik and Jefferson.

Coach got left at the altar last night due to his intended's winning a bundle in a lottery and finding a different perspective on life; but, nevertheless, he looked real sharp in his tux. And his waltzing rendition of "Isn't It Romantic" was off-key yet uplifting in its spiritual purity, though tinged with an air of melancholy for the broken dream which he would be forced to confront. Coach still rocks!

OK, so I'm guessing the coach you're referring to is from Cheers and not coach Collins, or maybe it's both. I'm completely confused.

cheers has two of the funniest and most memorable 'songs' ever

Albania, Albania

AND

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly

MCT reply to GoSixers on Jan 9 at 18:15

"...you border on the Ad-ri-atic"

B.S.

But Collins got left at the altar last night too. And many on team have won the lottery and had perspectives changed.

well hey at least we can all be fake outraged about the baseball hall of fame for the next few hours

I suppose you can, but the baseball hall of fame has less credibility than the Cartoon Network Hall of Game as far as i'm concerned

The Raptors have been the NBA gold standard for softness and overeliance on jumpers. Have the Sixers surpassed them this year?

Would you be shocked in the least if the Sixers wound up trading for Bargnani at some point? I wouldn't.

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 14:31

Barges works next to Bynum and Jrue better than Thad... at least on offense.

See, that's the logic they'll use!

Despite paying for NBA broadband and League Pass for the last four years just to see the Sixers, I've adopted a policy for the rest of the season. I'm not going to watch the game unless it appears to be close in the second half. Last night I didn't waste a moment watching this team and I feel better for it. Tonight might be the kind of game where I'll tune in, but we'll see.

I'm not going to blame the coach or the players. As constructed currently, this team just doesn't have enough in the tank to be anything but a lottery team and the team deficiencies have worn the players down as the season has progressed. I'm hoping for no more than 30 wins and also hoping that Eric Gordon's return doesn't make New Orleans a much better team. That would give this team a lottery first and two high second rounders, so they should be able to pick up something of value.

Trashing the entire Big Ten conference because of your frustrations with Turner can be most charitably described as hyperbolic. Currently it is rated as the best collegiate conference by Sagarin and usually is among the top three or four. It may not produce as many good pros as the ACC, but recruiting the most coveted players to play in the Northern midwest in January and February undoubtedly is a harder sell than getting them to play on the coasts or the interior south.

See - that's the problem with big 10 basketball - you stated it entirely - they may be the best college conference, but that doesn't translate to NBA success and rightly should be criticized for that, because for most college bball players it's not about anything but preparation for the NBA. One thing I'd 'request' the NCAA do is to move their 3 point line to the normal distances, and eliminate any other major rules discrepancies.

I mean the best conference in football (the sec) tends to produce the most quality pros. Course, aside from line men, the big 10 doesn't do much for the NFL either :)

I could NOT care less how the big 10 ranks in college basketball and I went to a big 10 school, since it seems to obscure the actual upside of NBA players.

As for LP - I admire your dedication - i gave it up a couple years ago cause the mediocrity was getting to me

buke reply to GoSixers on Jan 9 at 14:26

I agree that the Big Ten is most noted for producing NFL linemen, but let's not forget that non-linemen like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Santonio Holmes, and Charles Woodson were also Big Ten players.

I actually thought the Sixers were worth watching (and paying for) the last two years. The NBA is a very competitive league and all I ask for is a competitive product and a chance to reach the upper echelons a couple of times every decade. The team has failed on the latter over the last decade but was competitive in four of the last five years before this season. I believe that the current ownership group will (unlike the former owners) make some effort to improve the franchises chances of reaching the upper echelons. Nevertheless, if you win as many or more games than you lose in this league, you have achieved something. Making the NBA playoffs may seem easy to some, but there are 8 franchises who have failed to do that for 3 consecutive seasons or more and I'm confident that at least half of those will extend that streak for another season.

Russell Wilson isn't a big 10 player, he's an ACC player who took advantage of a loophole and a stupid head coach at his old school :)

Hey - I'm a badger - love wilson - but the majority of his college career was in the ACC (which is actually worse than the big 10 - but still - i give the acc credit for him)

I was trying to find where I bashed the Big 10 then just gave up. Whatever, sorry if I offended you. I think all college hoops suck these days. Also think if you put any stock into a junior's numbers when he's playing against a bunch of freshmen you really shouldn't be a scout. Especially when the numbers say something different than the measurables.

Stan reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 14:23

Would you prefer a "3 year rule" like the NFL has?

Nah. The college game is meaningless to me. I don't want a rule designed to protect it. I just want my team to think twice before drafting an upperclassman who didn't dominate when he was competing on a level playing field.

Two years

ESPN had some compelling research a few years ago regarding 'playing to expectation' of guys based on the year they come out and '2 years' was that sweet spot where guys could be evaluated properly without being too picked apart.

I had hopes the new CBA would add a year.

buke reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 14:44

The comment may have been in another thread when you were expressing frustrations about Turner. But, in this thread you've stated your actual feelings about all collegiate conferences, "The college game is meaningless to me."

I am a Big Ten fan (graduated from a Big Ten school and live in Big Ten country), but I'm not offended. I just find it irritating when one who is capable of writing very intelligent commentary and analysis allows his emotions to degrade his thinking and writing.

You're also wrong about Turner's (and most collegiate players') age level of competition. Very few (maybe 10 per year) players across the nation leave after freshman year. Perhaps another 15-20 leave after their second or third years. That leaves the overwhelming majority of them playing a full four years and quite a few redshirt (because of injury, transfer, or other reasons) and play as fifth year seniors.

Yeah, but seeing as I don't care about the college game, the ones that matter leave after their first year, for the most part. So, to me, the guys who are still there for their soph/junior/senior seasons are, by and large, not NBA-level, nor will they ever be. So, in Turner's case, it took him 3 years to dominate, and in his third year the only legit nba level guys he was playing against were freshman. Anyway, that's my thought process.

There are certain things I like about the ncaa these days, like how smaller schools who can never get NBA athletes actually compete pretty well because their c-level athletes actually coalesce as a team over four years. Unfortunately, in most cases, the one-and-done nba guys still tear them to shreds.

and if my college hoops analysis disappoints you, don't get me started on the NHL.

I pretty much care about MLB, NFL and the NBA. I barely have time to follow my teams in the "real" sports these days, don't have the bandwidth to care about college sports beyond maybe a game or two a year, or maybe watching for a specific intriguing player. Or in how college relates to one of my three favorite teams, ie draft picks.

buke reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 15:45

You're right. Although the overwhelming majority of collegiate basketball players play for four seasons, the most elite usually only play for no more than two. The collegiate game can be frustrating for an NBA fan and the sheer amount of teams result in most players remaining far more obscure than they are in the pros. I think the collegiate football game compares a bit more favorably to the pro game than collegiate basketball because of the greater diversity of offensive styles that still exist in the collegiate game.

As for Turner, your thought process is probably a decent rule of thumb (although he was fairly dominating as a sophomore, too). I won't call him a bust (like Kwame, Olowokandi, or Darko). I'd say he probably falls into the "Joe Smith" type of disappointment category. He may still have a reasonably long career as a valuable supporting player. Had he been picked around #20 or so, one might be reasonably satisfied. He's better all around, albeit less athletic, than Rodney Carney who was picked at #16. I also think he will have a better career than #16 Speights or #20 Speedy Claxton, and I'd still take him over #8 Larry Hughes. At this point, I think I'd rather have #16 Vucevic, though.

tk76 reply to buke on Jan 9 at 15:14

I remember reading a while back that in ET's last year at OSU there were no other guards/wings in the Big 10 that were NBA proospects. That does not mean that his college production was worthless, but raised the question of how well his game would translate against the size and athletasism of NBA wings. The few college ganes he played against guys like that (like the loss against Tenn in the toruney) did not assuage those concerns.

Playing agaisnt weak competition does not mean a guy is a weak player. But it does make it harder to scout their relative strengths and weaknesses. That is partly why ET's terrible summer league was such a big red flag. He was finally going agaisnt NBA calliber athletes and it was clear that his game was not ready. And it ended up taking him the better pat of 2 seasons to adjust his game accordingly.

.494 TS% is the post-adjustment phase of his game?

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 15:52

Here is a fun list:

The 27 NBA players in the 3pt era (since 1980) who have managed in their first 3 seasons to:

Play 25+ min/g
TS%, eFG% and FGA/G at ET level.

There is one great player on that list and then a heap of high pick refuse who were given heaps of minutes due to being a high pick. My favorite name on the list is Eddie Jordan... which probably explains his whole offensive philosphy.

tk76 reply to tk76 on Jan 9 at 16:03

8. Evan Turner
9. Winston Garland
10. Shawn Bradley
11. Larry Hughes

That little cluster says so much about the Sixers these past 20 years.

Antoine Walker is obviously the great player you're referring to.

tk76 reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 16:16

Great at shimmying, yes.

buke reply to tk76 on Jan 9 at 16:19

I'm assuming the great player you refer to is Jason Kidd. Still, I think most teams would be very happy to have Mookie Blaylock, Kenny Anderson, or Fat Lever on their roster. As I recall, Fat was mostly regarded for his defensive prowess. He was also a stat stuffer although he was not a great scorer (not too important when Alex English and Calvin Natt are on your team). Perhaps if and when Turner decides to start playing defense again, he can use Fat Lever as a role model.

I'm pretty sure Turner is already emulating Fat (or fat, at least).

tk76 reply to buke on Jan 9 at 17:01

Kenny Anderson flamed out pretty quickly and then had a comeback as a serviciable bench player. Mookie was a great defender and Fat was a nice all around player whio was sort of like Lowry without the 3pt shot and overall probably an average NBA starter.

I'd say ET is headed to be simuilar to Fat Lever in that he can fill a stat sheet but not really all that great while doing it. Alsthough, like Kidd, he is benefittting from improving his 3pt shot which helps his effeciencty. But Kidd was a game altering creator and defender- while ET is just a great defensicve rebounder, for what that is worth from a wing.

You might be right about the lack of perimeter talent in the Big Ten at the time. Still, Big Ten basketball is grueling, half-court, trench warfare so one has to have some skills to dominate offensively in the league.

I think there is little question at this point that Evan Turner was overrated at #2, but we should remember that few in his draft class have really flourished in the NBA to this point. Clearly Paul George and Greg Monroe were better picks. One could argue that Ed Davis or Gordon Hayward might have been preferable. Kevin Seraphin's size might help the current Sixers. Favors looked more promising early on, but he's not having a great third year. Whatever other favorables he may have, Cousins is a head case. Wesley Johnson clearly would have been a worse pick. 2010 wasn't like 2003 where, if you picked Darko #2, you had to conclude "OMG, did we mess up!"

tk76 reply to buke on Jan 9 at 16:19

It was prettty much agreed upon prior to the draft that ET's draft year was weak. The only real shock is that Wall has failed to develop.

It was not agreed upon (at least here) that Turner was the #2 pick :)

I look back at the two posts I wrote that day pretty frequently. I wasn't really anti-Turner so much as I was pro Favors. Some of the stuff I wrote about Turner was prophetic, some of it looks pretty foolish now. Oh well.

I'd still love to have Favors on this team. I'm hoping Utah re-signs Al this summer, Favors is a difference-maker.

If you believe 'smoke = fire' the jazz might be kind of busy come trade deadline time with all their big men - and favors won't be going anywhere

buke reply to tk76 on Jan 9 at 16:28

True, but one can never tell without a few years of post draft evaluation. 2007 was talked up as a "once in a generation" draft at the time, but in retrospect it seems to have provided fewer high level players than the less hyped (at the time) draft that followed it.

looks like Seattle is getting a team back

Huh?

Ah now I see

Now folks, notice how much the kings are going for versus the sixers sell cost.

SixersRising on Jan 9 at 16:55

Three thoughts:

1. If Bargnani ever ends up on this team, I will officially give up on this team and become a 3 sport fan. [not saying that's a bad thing necessarily, might reduce my stress level and free up some time]

2. I was at the game last night and thoroughly frustrated with the energy level shown by Turner. He just loafs 80% of the time he is on the floor. I have been a huge ET supporter for the past 2+ years, but that was ugly.

3. It seems to me the root cause of this year's performance is that virtually all the new blood we added in the offseason [sans Bynum who hasn't played] come from teams with losing cultures. When things go bad in the course of a game they shrink from the challenge (Wright, Kwame, JRich) or revert to purely personal stat mongering (Nick Young).

You can bring in one such player and expect perhaps his game will rise based on the influence of a your strong team culture team. But adding 9 new players when your 'leaders' are 22-24 years old clearly doesn't work. We've gone from a tough as nails, 'never say die' culture last year to a losing team culture in a matter of 3 months. Sad.

Or - they are losers who contributed to the 'losing culture' comment (which is utter nonsense, Orlando was competitive quite a bit and kwame spent at least one year playing for the lakers)

I don't think any franchise loses on purpose, I don't think players 'accept' losing, or they wouldn't last as professional athletes.

Is it possible, maybe, just maybe, that they aren't talented - I mean kwame brown has sucked no matter where he played

jsmoove reply to SixersRising on Jan 9 at 17:33

aren't you the guy who said during preseason that the discourse would change markedly over the course of the season regarding turner when most commenters were slamming him? still feel that way?...just curious but believe it was you...

Good points, especially around the team culture.

Previously this team was a reflection of Iggy in that it was athletic, goopd on the break, high energy defensive and offensively challenged. This year they are more like Spencer hawes.

Do you also believe that only certain plays 'want' to win?

tk76 reply to GoSixers on Jan 9 at 17:57

I think players handle adversity differently. I lot of guys either press to much or lose confidence in what they should be doing. Great teams tend to have multiple stars, who can be turned to in order to stem the tide when things are going poorly. While role players really struggle to step up in these situations. So when those guys come to the Sixers and are expected to step up to stop a big run they are bound to fail.

Allow those same players to play within themselves (by playing through stars) and they do fine. So it is not as much "wanting to win" as much as knowing how to play when things are going poorly. And you can't do that when your team lacks guys capable of stepping up in tough situations. The last guy the Sixers had who could do that consistently was Andre Miller- and that really helped everyone else since they could just put the ball in ghis hands and let him make something good happen. Jrue is trying to learn how to do that, and has the talent. But I think it will take a few more years for him to learn how to best handle those situations.

Having an over bearing micro managing coach who yells at you for even the slightest mistake and holds you to an unhealthy performance standard may cause you to think twice about 'stepping up' because if you don't you're just going to get berated unecessarily

Just saying

buke reply to tk76 on Jan 9 at 18:22

Well said!

mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 18:39

wait collins coached JRUE'S DAD as a college player?

what?

no j-rich tonight

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:14

Bad shot Evan. O-board on other end putback by Fields.

Evan to Lavoy.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:14

Bad, bad shot Jrue. come on kid....

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:15

Lavoy with a quick not-set bad shot.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:17

Damn Evan, that was just fucking lazy. No excuse!

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:19

All 10 of the Sixers pts have come in the paint.

Looks like Evan didn't know Thad was getting ready to cut to the basket, but he threw a perimeter pass anyway, to open space.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:21

Thad follow, after a good backdoor cut by Dorell and pass by Hawes.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:21

Don't know if it's cause of minutes last night but early subs. Hawes for Allen and Damien for Evan.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:23

Ivey in for Thad now.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:23

Jrue with a not too good shot. Small here w/ Dorell at the 4.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:25

Jrue loose w/ the ball in traffic. Turnover.

Anderson converts on other end.

And next trip down, Jrue with a garbage shot, turnaround.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:26

They go to Damien Wilkins in the post, can't tell much difference from Turner.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:29

ET back in, for Jrue. Ivey turnover. come on

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:30

Ivey with a crappy bad shot from three.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:31

Damien Wilkins drive.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:32

Ivey for 3.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:33

Evan one on one at the buzzer from 8 feet.

Down 3 after one.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:36

What was that call?

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:36

Lineup to open the 2nd

ET, Ivey, Nick, Damien, Hawes

Turner can make a ridiculous turnover unlike anyone else I have seen

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:38

Turner turnover. Telegraphs a 3 foot pass to Hawes out high. Geez.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:39

Derozan blows by Turner for a layup.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:41

NYoung turnover in traffic.

ET to Thad for the slam.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:43

They are lackadaisical in transition D tonight. Get the eff back!!!

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:44

Who was that pass to JRue!!!!???? dag

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:45

Hawes with a bitch ass attempt of some kind of move from the left side. THuds to the floor.

mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 19:47

malik rose is killing it to tonight. the next time spence pops to eighteen feet instead of rolling through an open lane i think malik may actually cry

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:49

Jrue kickout to ET for 3.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:50

Evan with another bonehead turnover on a break. a travel

mymanjrue reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:56

no one disputes that he sucks right now!collins broke him!

COLLINS!!

nice lean in off-balance jump shot Turner

eddies' heady's reply to MCT on Jan 9 at 19:54

coast to coast baby!

I bet he makes about 20% of those fast break jump shots, yet he still takes them.

eddies' heady's reply to MCT on Jan 9 at 19:56

That one wasn't really a fast break was it? More secondary, no?

yeah I guess I meant "grab the rebound, dribble down court, and immediately take a jump shot"

eddies' heady's reply to MCT on Jan 9 at 19:58

Yeah i understood what you were saying.

mymanjrue reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:02

dude i told you his coast to coast game sucks this year because they never put pressure on the defense in transition

wjen was the last time these jokers RAN up the court?

mymanjrue reply to mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 20:04

i approaching y turner defense as a sort of performance art at this point, just feberybodysi

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 19:55

Damien in for ET to close the quarter.

mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 19:59

EVAN DUDE YOU ALMOST DIED LIKE SIXTY THREE TIMES BEFORE YOU TURNED FOUR~!YOU CAN SURVIVE DOUB COLLINS!

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:00

Evan back in for the last 2 mins.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:02

Jrue nice spin move. Lay-in.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:04

That was a silly stupid foul on Calderon there with him that far out. Why give the foul in that situation, shot clock was at 5. They were gonna get the ball back on a 2 for 1. Plus Calderon was trapped. Now the Raps get the last shot.

mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 20:07

collins' "passionate intense proud" commercials are disgusting

eddies' heady's reply to mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 20:08

come on, he's just trying to show ET the proper way

mymanjrue reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:09

exactly my point. HIS WAY IS SLITHERY AND GROSS

mymanjrue on Jan 9 at 20:11

need more from jrue in the second half for sure

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:23

Shitty pass Turner. three guys around Lavoy and he tries to force it in there. Darn Doug's fault

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:28

Turner just can't pass the ball for shit tonight. We got that one back though.

Turner can't shoot for shit tonight either. Heh

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:29

Bad shot Jrue, it falls.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:30

Transition defense lacking again. sheesh. Thad that time, jogging back and let Davis get in front of him.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:32

Jrue with another bad contested shot.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:33

Damien in for ET, Hawes in for Thad.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:35

Lavoy back in for Jrue.

Damien drive and finish.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:36

Catch the ball Evan. Turnover. Announcers all over ET tonight. heh

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:42

Dag Evan, you just need to give up man.... you're killing the smidgen of trade value you had dammit.

3 on other end after his mess.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:48

Terrible 3rd quarter for second night in a row. not as bad as last night but still

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:52

Poor Evan....heh, it'll get better kid

Evan Turner needs to go, I don't care what you can get for him. He is fucking awful again, who knows where the decent player of a month ago went but shit Turner is back and I'm goddamn sick of it.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:54

Maybe you can go from the depths of suckness back to the usual mediocre. I'm a rootin' for ya!

...so maybe being this awful will convince Bynum he's even MORE important than we knew?

jswigga on Jan 9 at 20:56

and to the bottom of the dung heap we go!!

Effin 6ers... straight doo-doo.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 20:59

Damn Evan. I can only laugh at this point, even if you may have been fouled. Your constant bitcing at the refs and throwing up the palm of your hands is funny as shit too.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:02

and on replay, Anderson just played good sound defense, that's why it's funny when you whine to the refs

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:03

Evan off a good pass and wide open from 6 feet. CLANK!

Annndddd Derozan proceeds to blow by ET.

ET wants to have a discussion w/ Hawes about I assume coming over to help his sorry defense on the perimeter.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:04

Whoop-te-do!! Evan flails in the lane and to the floor again. He gets a CALL!!!

To the line for two. Makes one, short as hell on the second.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:06

Evan pullup off a curl handoff. He bitches at the ref again. Makes a really ugly face.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:10

LOL at Hawes trying to drive and blow a layup! His mannerisms on the court are a hoot.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:11

Hey, maybe if we keep up this pace for the rest of the year

Cody Zeller baby! Or Mason Plumlee would be a nice consolation prize.

Agreed! And, if the Hornets continue to be bad, two high second rounders to boot. With three decent picks we should get something. After all, we can't mess up by drafting Evan again.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:14

Oh hell naw Thad.....that's a no-no man. Walking off the floor before the horn even sounded headed to the locker room.

Evan too, quickly behind him in tow.

eddies' heady's on Jan 9 at 21:15

Why was Calderon going behind the Sixers curtain in the tunnel seeking a Sixer player out?

seems like i missed another great sixer game

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got...

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Jan 9 at 22:28

Meaning....

Or do you mean making your way as a Sixers fan?

it's the "Cheers" theme song

eddies' heady's reply to MCT on Jan 9 at 23:25

oh, never seen it before

Man, that was just tough to watch. This team needs a day off from practice to recover physically, but they should be forced to watch the game film from this one on a loop the entire day. If that doesn't shame them into coming out angry for the next game, they just aren't worth the trouble.

I think the last 2 games have been the worst 2 games for the Sixers in the Collins era. The offense has completely fallen apart. They are getting nothing from the front court outside of the occasional solid play from Thad Young and Lavoy Allen. They are getting nothing out of their wings. The newly acquired "shooters" can't shoot anymore. Turner is going through a horrific stretch of games. Last nights game was the worst i've ever seen him play.

They have a lot of chance for rest in the next week or so. they better use it wisely. Collins has a ton of work. But even he looks like he is baffled with his teams performance.

Even Jrue looked brutally bad in this one. Wonder if he is hurt, tired or just mentally broken. Either way, pathetic all around. Tough to be a fan of this soft, lazy, broken, untalented team.

Tom Moore on Jan 10 at 8:40

Sixers poll: 57 percent so far have team winning 36-40 games this season:

To vote, go halfway down right side.