You Have To Run Them

ive been thinking about this most of the day, why not put jrue on george, its a mismatch for whoever guards him but i dont think he will blow right by jrue like he will when turner and young are guarding him

and turner seems like he pays more attention on d when he guards the other teams point guards

They could. Wonder if they'd put George in the post, he's got almost 6 inches on Jrue.

yea that would be a problem, you could double and make sure Stephenson is the guy shooting

I think Brown would do a good job defending Hibbert. Whether Collins wants to play him or not, that is another question.

Someone's going to have to pick up those extra minutes.

Mike reply to ojr107 on Feb 6 at 14:27

Hibbert has been one of the worst offensive players in the league this year. he's a 7 footer shooting barely 40%. it's almost impossible.

defensively he's been fantastic, which is actually pretty admirable, considering most guys would lose focus on that end when they're struggling so much with their shot.

That is pretty amazing. He got the max, right?

Spencer Hawes is a BARGAIN!!!

Mike reply to Brian on Feb 6 at 16:37

yep, Indy matched Portland's offer

in his defense, he had a busy offseason guest starring on Parks & Rec and choreographing flash mobs

It'll be hard to out hustle and out-energy the Pacers without Mr. All-NBA-Energizer-Bunny Thad. If for some reason Vogel decides to go small, maybe. West and Hibbert will be too much to handle, and Paul George could own Turner.
Considering that our front court is, well our front court, and being how dependable and efficient Thad was for us, I'm surprised I dont hear more prophets of doom. We might have a light schedule for the next 3 wks or so, but I start to see losses @MIL, @MIN. The only sure games I see are Charlotte and Orlando. It is quite probable to go 2-7 in February and be counting ping pong balls.
This first game should be a barometer for how bad things can get.

You'd like Turner to just compete all night. Yeah, George may hit a couple of threes, but like you were saying yesterday, don't let your own shot attempts dictate the rest of your game. I'd like to see him stop talking to the refs and start talking to his opposite number. Just have the mindset that regardless, "I'm going to be a bitch to play against."

judging from the numerous altercations he has had to be pulled from, I think he does that too,

Rich reply to jkay on Feb 6 at 15:31

Seems to me like that's more him complaining about being fouled. Obviously just an opinion, but I don't think it's hard to play against someone who is emotional every time he doesn't get a call. I want him to channel that anger in the right direction, to a place where he can use it consistently on every play.

That would be ideal. Maybe someone in the locker room before the game should say so Turner can overhear it, "Man, imagine if we'd drafted George instead of Turner. How good would we be?"

Rich reply to Brian on Feb 6 at 15:33

Hah, it would have to be like someone who doesn't play. Then he'd probably be angry at the guy who said it to him.

Larry Smith on Feb 6 at 15:46

Nick, and George are good friends. Don;t try to over hype George. He need to to be worry about Nick Young. Young have more move, and games. So you people shut it up.

There's a good point hidden in here. If I'm playing against the Sixers, I put my best wing defender on Nick Young, not Turner.

Larry Smith on Feb 6 at 15:47

Zach Lowe on Boston w/out Rondo.

Think it's going to be hard for them to run that kind of offense over the long haul. Also think if you really pressure them bringing the ball up the floor, they aren't going to have enough time to get deep enough into their sets to get a good look, especially w/out a legit ballhandler on their squad. Now how many teams will be willing/able to apply the pressure is the question.

Chad Ford on Milwaukee - everyone pretty much available if you want em

Hearing they are VERY active right now. Marc Stein reported today that Samuel Dalembert is one guy that they are actively talking about (and what an incredible game he had last night trying to show his value). But he's not the only one -- Monta Ellis, Ersan Illaysova, Beno Udrih are all available. Even Brandon Jennings at the right price.

BTW - When KG was playing for the wolves - did he still 'bleed green' - do you think he remembers most of his career (and money) came somewhere else?

I think he means he bleeds money.

That makes more sense - I mean I laughed when that quote was put up - it's just nonsense - it probably also means Garnett knows very little about the racial history of Boston - it ain't good :)

Surprised you had no comment on the fact that most of the bucks players are available :)

I also can't believe no one busted out Dalemberts numbers for last night :)

Mike reply to GoSixers on Feb 6 at 16:40

heh, i did in the last thread!

Samuel Dalembert scored 35 points on 17 for 21 shooting, plus a free throw, in Milwaukee's loss in Denver on Tuesday. That was Dalembert's most points in any of his 754 regular-season games in the NBA; his previous best was 27, for Sacramento in 2010. No other player in NBA history has even gone 600 regular-season games into his career before his first 30-point game. The next-highest total is 584 games, by Fred Roberts, on Apr. 2, 1991, also for the Bucks. (Roberts did have a 30-point game in the 1989 playoffs.)

Only three other active players have scored a regular-season career-high in points at least 750 games into their career: Chauncey Billups, Andre Miller and Ray Allen.

The thing that impressed me the most was 27 minutes

I'd bring back Sammy D in a heartbeat.
At this point, any big with a pulse will help.
I like Mike Dunleavy as an expiring contract, just wish that he could defend.

Well - I doubt Milwaukee would want to take on a long term contract (Spencer?) for a shorter one - they're probably looking to shed money...so they can over pay jennings or monta.

what did Jennings agent say that suddenly made him available? not that i disagree with their decision. I think his production is too low for his usage.

Oh i have no idea what would make jennings available - the fact that he's not that good might be part of it - but milwaukee is a mess

Here's what I think - that scary ass new cap tax rule frightens some owners more than others - and they're positioning NOW to make sure they aren't even close to the new penalty issues.

I think that's what the grizz are doing - supposedly they're not done making moves even though before they traded rudy the speights trade got them under the tax level

Yeah, I like Ilyasova, but probably don't like his contract. Maybe Mbah A Moute, but he's just so bad offensively. Curious as to why they're so anxious to tear it all down. You know who the one guy I don't want from that sqaud is.

this wonderful, kwame is starting tonight

is*

actually 'this wonderful' fits the theme better

Showcasing him for a trade

young on george for the first possession

bad shot evan, who is now on george

two bad shots for Turner already

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:16

Turner jumps then passes, caught in no mans land. Turnover. Runout.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:16

Jrue falls asleep on D, Hill goes backdoor for a layup.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:20

Dorell in for ET early, thank goodness. Lavoy also in for Kwame. Thank goodness x2.

letting them play on both ends

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:22

Jrue dribbles ahead of the D, kicks back to D for 3!

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:25

Did Hansbrough just take a swipe at Lavoy there? Looked like it.

bad shot jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:25

Bad shot Jrue, too early and forced. come on

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:29

Nick's got to make that if he's going to pull up that far out instead of attacking deeper.

lavoy at the buzzer, somehow only down 3

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:30

Lavoy just before the buzzer. Really ugly quarter for both teams. One positive is Evan only played ~6 mins.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:33

Moultrie sighting. Spencer played the whole first quarter I think, guess that's going to be a sign of things to come w/ Thad out.

Arnett.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:34

Catch the ball Turner. geez

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:35

Orlando Johnson just bitches Turner with a step back. heh

bad shot evan

Need to come up with a phrase that encapsulates the too oft occurring event - ala sissy hook

Court_visioN reply to GoSixers on Feb 6 at 19:37

Pissy pull-up.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:36

Evan with an o-board cleanup and BRICK! Wide open....

evan to moultrie

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:41

Turner is long on almost every shot tonight. Heavy too.

Dorell to Arnett for the oop.

wright with 2 blocks then throws the oop to moultrie

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:44

Jrue long with the shot off a nice curl and pass.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:45

Jrue got a piece of that shot. ET with the pullup. HE MAKES IT

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:46

Psycho T is buddies with Turner in the Pouters club.

good run from moultrie there, i love malik

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:47

Hawes back in for Turner.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:47

Whoops, meant in for Arnett. Nick back in for ET I think

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:49

The man said to expect a low scoring sloppy game. Cha-ching! Bingo! Winner, winner!

nice jrue

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 19:50

Jrue sneaks by with a left hand layup from the right side.

lavoy putback dunk

there's no boxscore for this game on any website, does anyone know what's up with that?

@SpearsNBAYahoo
Sixers guard Jason Richardson will miss the rest of the season after having left knee surgery next week, a source told Y! Sports.

ugh evan

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:18

Shitty pass Turner. Threw it right to the floor between Hawes' legs.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:23

Turner goes out early again. Yippee! 7+ mins left in quarter.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:24

Jrue w/ a nice strip of Hill and goes the other way for a layup. Good D

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:26

Heh Spencer .... he's a hoot

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:34

Jrue oop to Dorell

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:35

ET dish to Arnett for a slam. And Evan mumbles to himself going back down court. heh

moultrie playing well, knows when to cut to the basket

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:40

Hey, the Sixers have FORTY EIGHT points.

at the end of the 3rd quarter

Can everyone say "lottery"? Yay, keep tallying ping pong balls guys, march on!

moultrie putback

You know, this loose officiating helps the game to move along quicker. Boston started at the same time and they have 5 minutes left in the third.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:46

Jrue possibly had a foot on the line there? They will probably review it.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:47

Monday night's game was a really short game too. Ended just after 2 hours I think.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:52

Terrible pass Jrue. Telegraphed that the whole way toward the lane.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 20:52

Jrue walked before being awarded that and-one.

LOL, Turner thought he would shoot the technical. On what planet dude

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 21:02

They're going to be very fortunate if they even beat Charlotte and Orlando and Minnesota. I'll be surprised if they even win one of those three.

Oh, I think they go 1-2 or 2-1.

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 21:08

Instead of Jrue or Thad freezing Evan out tonight, the official stats and box scores froze him out. Talk about cold....

eddies' heady's on Feb 6 at 21:09

Doug has lost the team....

mack released

YoungGun13 on Feb 6 at 22:33

how did moultrie look tonight you guys? i could tell by the box that he didn't get enough boards but other than that how was he?

brennp reply to YoungGun13 on Feb 6 at 23:03

One of our better players tonight. That's sort of like being one of the best players on the legendary 1972-73 team. He had his career high, though, and looks like he deserves to be given a regular playing time.

stonedeightytoo on Feb 6 at 22:49

befitting of et to go thru the motions and lay an egg in thads 1st game out and after your put him on blast post

Eh, everyone blew tonight. Wasn't anymore Turner's fault than Jrue's or anyone else's. just an ugly game. Moultrie is your POTG.

I thought his defense on George was actually pretty good. He blew on offense though, but like Brian said, everyone else did too.

Brian, it's obvious to me in reading this blog for the past 2 seasons now, that you would love to see both Hawes and Turner in different uniforms as soon as possible. But I have to ask you, if you could only trade one of the two, which would you rather get rid of?

For me, I have long been a Turner apologist and have continually made excuses for him, saying that he still needs time to grow and mature, but I've reached the point where enough is enough. His shot selection is awful and every time he drives to the cup he gets blocked. I won't even get into his defense because you already covered it, but I have completely given up on the kid. It's sad, however, because I feel that if he could get himself into better shape and exhibit a more mature attitude on the court he could actually become a solid player. I just don't see that happening.

As for Hawes, he always provides us with at least 5 plays (if not more) that make us want to gouge our eyes out each game. His defense is atrocious and he is the only 7 footer in the nba who scores more easily from 18 feet than he does from 5. That being said, I personally feel that Hawes has looked much better over the past 10 or so games. Although most of his offense has been generated through inefficient long 2's, I think that his defense has also slightly improved (From terrible to just bad). I don't think that Hawes should ever be a starter in this league but I wouldn't mind having him play 12 minutes a game off the bench once Bynum is back.

So, personally I would much rather see the sixers get rid of Turner than Hawes, (although I'd love to see both go) but I wanted to see how you felt about that question.

Good question. Right now, I still want them to make the playoffs, so they can't really afford to just part ways with either of them (they're thin at both spots). Over the summer, if I had to pick between the two, I'd say get rid of Turner. He makes more money next season.

I like watching playoff basketball and the difference between the #12 pick and the #16 pick isn't worth depriving me of that pleasure. Mainly.

Also, I haven't given up the Bynum ghost, so I'd like to see Jrue and Bynum on the floor together against Miami, or New York, or Indy, or Chicago in a 7-game series.

Yeah, #12 this year, #16 next year. Doesn't make much of a difference to me, honestly. And the cap situation is pretty much up in the air right now, far from abysmal based on the contracts they've currently signed players to. That changes if they sign Bynum, but right now it isn't abysmal. And no need to yell.

Um Pardon me - but when did you make up the concept of 'title equity'?

Making or missing the playoffs isn't going to matter much to the salary cap issues, nor does picking in the lower end of the lottery or the mid teens after the lottery make a hill of beans of difference usually in player out come...but as long as the wrong person is coaching and making roster decisions it's all irrelevant.

Tanking just to tank is asinine