Splitsville?

MCW says he will play tonight

"He signed an extension in Philly without testing the free agency waters. He showed loyalty to the team, a belief they were headed in the right direction. "

More like he knew that the 5 year/$42 million he signed for was pretty much the most he could get elsewhere. He could also get the guarantee of the 5th year that no other team could offer.

I don't blame him for wanting a trade. I'm surprised it took this long for the news to come out.

If I remember correctly, there were a bunch of teams supposedly interested, and he went to the Sixers and said let's get it done now. I want to be here. But my memory ain't great, so don't take my word for it.

Cmon Brian, it's "together we build" get it right man!

...is anyone else wondering if Thad trying to shoot all of those 3s is him trying to get traded?

Nah - I think the coaching philosophy revolves aren't taking more 3's this year - Hawes and Turner have much larger percentage increases in attempts per game (so far) versus their career than Young does. (Of the three turner is the only one shooting below his career numbers - though thad isn't significantly better)

Fixed. I should be ashamed of myself.

The most obvious headline ever and yet a great read from DB.

Football question, if anyone is out there. If Dallas wins, do you think Kelly takes his foot off the gas Sunday night? Rests McCoy and Foles in the second half or something? Do you think he should?

I expect the Cowboys to Romo up and lose to the redskins but you gotta think it through - it's not JUST the division you gotta think about, it also could be the difference between 3 vs the 4 seed - which could the difference between San Francisco on the road or Carolina/New Orleans on the road. Personally - I'd rather face the NFC South runner up than the 49ers in the first round.

The Bears game matters - even if the cowboys win, but man am I pissed about that egg against the VIkings...then again, the defense was bound to get exposed again - they've been playing well above their heads and the secondary is still pretty, um, weak ass

Yeah, it matters either way. Not sure why I keep hearing talking heads say it doesn't matter. Might not matter for Chicago, though.

I think you want to stay away from the #4 seed at all costs.

I'm looking at the Minny game as inevitable. They were going to lay an egg at some point, better now when they can recover than in the first round of the playoffs. On a side note, the Eagles safeties = the Sixers three-point defense.

Cause talking heads are morons who are only focused on the dallas game and can't think about playoff seeding - it hurts their head.

The game matters to both the eagles and chicago not only for winning the division but for the #4 seed thing...

Stan reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 18:59

Based on the standings right now the #3 seed plays S.F and the #4 seed plays Carolina. I'm not sure who I would rather play. Probably Carolina. As for the safteys, Earl Wolff will probably be back. That should help.

@alexraskinNYC #nets starters are Lopez, Pierce, Teletovic, Anderson and Williams. Johnson is NOT inactive, but Kirilenko and Terry are

So who gets the honor of having Turner "defend" him?

Pierce i guess

Thaddeus Young

Tom Moore: #sixers Young: 'I didn't ask to be traded.' Agent talked to #76ers, just like a lot of others do. Twitter @tmoore76ers

eddies' heady's on Dec 20 at 19:08

Heck of a write-up. I agree with many portions of it.

o/u 15 3's for the nets

Too hard to say without knowing how much joe johnson plays

he isnt playing

Oh - figured since he was active he'd be playing, not sure pierce can go off all on his own - i'll take the under

please dont switch the p/r

good start 11-4

nets take a timeout

2 on thad

et longish 2

lavoy putback

sissy travel

mcw foul line jumper

et longish 2

bad shot wroten

good drive by wroten

bad shot wroten

should of swung it to the corner

down 2 end of the first

et 7-7

lavoy hook shot

et jumper

mcw steal and dunk

thompson corner 3

mcw needs to look to score more coming off the p/r more

So I tune in and the first thing I hear from the announcer is "How about Turner now 8/8 from the floor!" My reaction "wow" Turner immediately turns the ball over. My reaction, "yep."

Turner must be guarding Teletovic. 5/7 from three.

brandon davies and lavoy mostly

oh a stretch 4 killing the sixers havent seen this before

OK, so Turner has 16 points on 11 possessions so far (8 FGA, 3 Turnovers) what are the odds that ratio is under 1 by the end of the game?

Honestly, it's getting to the point where I'm not sure I want Brown around once the tanking is done. He should've been able to at least improve this defense by now. They keep getting worse, and a lot of it is correctable.

sissy 3

Spence43!

I thought Teletovic was Humphries when I first tuned in.

thad to mcw

3 on MCW. Hand in the cookie jar.

3 on mcw

Turner airball three!!!! Pretty.

Spence about to get a T.

Now Turner's on Teletovic. Kidd w/ a savvy coaching move, sliding him to the three to get the weakest defender in the world on him.

wroten and 1

Nice drive by Wroten, and 1. This is a win, folks. Unless they just let Turner submarine them in the second half.

Sorry, had a rough day. Expect the density of anti-Turner comments will be higher than usual tonight.

thompson tip in

I do like Hollis.

He's probably the only keeper other than maybe MCW and Noel. Think on a real team Wroten will do more damage than good.

more drives less 3's from wroten please

up 3 at the half

"Off the timeout they design a play for Evan Turner." Ian Eagle.

May I never have to hear those words again.

They shoot like 60% in the first half and only lead by 3.

60-57 at the half.

got killed the last 2 games in the 3rd

lets see if anything changes

nice take by thompson

hawes to the line

thad hook shot

thad euro step

bad shot mcw

mcw to the line

alan anderson is tonight's joe johnson

wroten and mcw playing together

wroten 3

nice drive by wroten

down 1 end of the 3rd

thad cleans up turners mess

thad 3

thad to lavoy

wroten 3

et floater

sissy 3

Spence43!

First team to get a stop wins?

Brown just called a timeout while the Sixers were on a break :)

Wroten tries to go over two guys.

Was Lopez always this unathletic, or have injuries hobbled him?

Time to get Wroten out. He almost took someone's eye out on that bricked three.

5 on et

Ugh, they're taking him out. He was their best shot at losing.

nice block by mcw

MCW was really pissed at Anderson at the beginning of that set. He wasn't running the right play or something.

Bad shot by Thad, Anderson w/ the o-board. Wroten finishes some slop. Like the fact that he attacked Teletovic instead of settling for a jumper.

MCW blocks a three. That's one more block than Turner has all year.

Pierce is such a sissy.

Down 3 with 3:02 to go. Can the Nets hold on?

Please let Brook shoot 22-footers for the rest of eternity. That shot should never pull a big out on him.

Thad jumper is the play he draws up? At least he hit it.

Lopez is such a goofus.

Turner back in, throws up a brick.

Nifty move by Deron, results in an airballed layup. Sweet!

thad jumper

That was a pindown run for a Thad jumper out of the timeout. Riding the hot hand, I guess.

et to the line

OK, does he run another play for Thad here?

dont think that was the play

csn is showing the step back over meeks when they kept switching for no reason!

good d

off to OT

108-108 after 4.

OVERTIME!!!!!

Is there a lot more over time games this year - in general - or does it just seem that way?

There are for the Sixers.

Turner with disgusting slop that doesn't fall.

Good hustle by both Andersons. Ours to get the floor board, theirs to break up the break.

mcw and 1

missed the ft

thad forces a jump ball

MCW+1.

Misses the freebie, Thad tied up on the o-board, they lose the jump.

Turner rattles in a three from the corner.

hawes to the line

They're free, Spence.

MCW to the line after just a horrible turnover by Deron.

Hit your fucking free throws, rookie.

thad 3!

THAD cans a corner three. Wow. Up 4 with 2:02 to go.

If Tray is reading, this game is a perfect example of why you don't really want Turner on a tanking team.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 21:43

Or a perfect example of why you don't want the ROY on a tanking team. Again, there is not a team in the NBA that lacks a streak scorer. I guess you could say that some teams' streak scorers are worse, like the Bucks and O.J. Mayo, or the Jazz and Gordon Hayward, but I don't think anyone would have said going into this season that Turner was a more dangerous streak scorer than O.J. Mayo or Hayward, least of all you.

Mayo's just as dangerous. Hayward's usage rate is much lower, no?

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 21:59

24.5 to Turner's 25.9. Probably just a function of his willingness to give up the ball.

Wow, he's really regressed this year, huh? That's a good sign for us, if his usage remains that high, he's probably going to finish the year closer to his career TS #'s, which will translate into wins.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 22:04

Utah's been an okay team since Burke showed up. I'm not too worried about them anymore. No one on that roster is tradable or someone they'd want to trade.

Tray reply to Tray on Dec 20 at 22:05

That said, I'm sure you're familiar with the whole usage curve concept. Hayward's a jump-shooter and straight-line slasher who was bound to get more inefficient with higher usage. Not sure his percentages will bounce back much.

Tray reply to Tray on Dec 20 at 21:58

I mean, would we even have a worse record without him? Think of all the points he's given up, all the turnerovers and bricks and stupidity.

We're bad enough to lose without him.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 22:01

I'm asking whether our record would be a win or two worse or a win or two better, or the same. We'd definitely lose a lot of games without him.

I'm saying we would have fewer wins without Turner.

If nothing else I guess this continues our no-wins-in-regulation streak.

Williams gets Turner switched onto him, salivates just like when it was Meeks.

Turner bricks a three, Thad chases down the o-board!

Same exact play. Williams attacks Turner, draws the double because Turner is helpless, Pierce left open for a three for the lead. Awesome. 120-119.

My prediction. MCW gets fouled, splits the pair. Double overtime.

MCT reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 22:09

Actually played good defense on that particular play, Brown even just said MCW should never have left Pierce. Don't let the truth get in the way of your bullshit though, you never have before. Keep up the good work.

The truth is Turner kept giving ground and Williams moved from the three-point line to the elbow when help came. If help didn't come, he would've wound up in the lane and different help would've come. If that's good defense in your mind, maybe you have a future as a Brett Brown assistant.

Turner hero ball. Blocked like a bitch!

6.3 seconds left, Sixers ball.

et waited too long to go

et at the buzzer

And there it is. Evan Turner, hero for the night!!!!!

121-120 FINAL!!!!

YAY. Everyone hug Turner for hitting a terrible shot!

jay reply to Brian on Dec 20 at 21:51

In what world is a 3 or 4 footer a bad shot?

Wasn't a bad shot, just ugly. Over 3 guys when you're 2 inches off the ground.

Look at that strutting scrub.

when they lose to the bucks tomorrow it will cancel out

2-7 from three spence - um - sam - trade him soon before that regression happens?

Tray reply to GoSixers on Dec 20 at 22:08

Speaking of player value, did anyone here notice/discuss Morey's Asik all-star ballot stunt? He tweeted Asik's name with the hashtag #nbaballot; apparently, any time someone re-tweets that tweet to make fun of it, the league counts it as an All-Star vote for Asik, because any tweet with a player's name and the hashtag #nbaballot is counted as an all-star vote. It was retweeted thousands of times. Hinkie should try the same thing with Turner.

speaking of the bucks

they are headed to OT at CLE

I'm just looking at boxscores, but this Giannis to the starting rotation thing doesn't seem to be resulting in a lot of tangible production yet. 6 pts, 0 boards, an assist, 0 steals, four fouls... meanwhile, Ersan has been shut down for a while due to an ankle injury. On the bright side though, Sanders is going to be back by Christmas. Maybe.

Bucks just lost. Barely. 39 points from Kyrie.

We don't always win, but when we do it's in overtime

New York Post did a profile on Evan Turner for some reason, inanely entitled "Evan Turner is the prince of Philly, but for how long?" Turner does not disappoint:

"I’m used to having the ball in my hands a little bit more,” Turner told The Post earlier this week. “To a certain extent, I’ve been trying to get better at playing off the ball and all this stuff, but at the end of the day, you are who you are."

In this quote, he literally complains that the Sixers didn't trade Iguodala when we drafted him so he could get all the shots:

“I was sitting behind an NBA All-Star and an Olympic gold medalist, so obviously I’ve got to take baby steps. I wasn’t in a situation where they traded off a guy to get me going or to get me acclimated. I had to wait.

“You look at other situations when guys are rookies, they get rid of those guys to build around them. I just wasn’t granted that same opportunity. But I learned a lot in that situation, and I was able to make the playoffs and help this franchise do some pretty cool things.”

Says after many years of coaches complaining, he's started to change his diet:

He’s also benefitted from losing 10 to 12 pounds, which he says has made a significant difference, and came after years of talk from Collins about his eating habits.

“I just stopped with the fried foods as much, all of the feel-good foods,” Turner said. “I kind of started eating healthier. … I think it helps me move a little bit more.

“[Brown] told me to lose weight, and my previous coach, Coach Collins, always talked to me about my eating, but I started … I just knew I kept getting bigger as I got older. When I was younger, I could eat whatever I wanted and stay the same size, but I [can’t anymore].”

Finally, an unusually mature perspective on our tanking efforts:

“For sure [I want to be here], but at the same time, if it’s not in the cards, you can’t force anything. Right now Mr. Hinkie is doing his thing, and he’s been hired to look out for the best interests of the organization. At the end of the day, you don’t take it personally, you take it for what it’s worth. I’m blessed to be playing in the NBA.”

I like the "Mr. Hinkie is doing his thing" bit. That he is.

anomiemnemonical reply to Tray on Dec 21 at 2:33

Yeah I really want him gone. He played a good game tonight and it's getting pretty obvious now that having MCW on the court with him elevates his play substantially. Hopefully now that MCW is good to play again, Turner can string together a few more of these solid outings and we'll be able to get at least something back for him from somebody. Like a really high 2nd rounder maybe

Maybe his ability to elevate his play next to a good PG, will help alleviate some concerns other GMs have about him. Who knows, maybe the Cavs get encouraged about an Irving/Turner pairing.

Tray reply to Xsago on Dec 21 at 12:08

Thought bodner's piece said he hasn't really played better with mcw.

Actually, as i understood it, he says he has played better with MCW overall, but speculates if that improvement has more to do with "good ET" from the beginning of the season coincided with the time MCW was not injured.

That's why i said a game like yesterday bodes well for the notion that he is better next to MCW, which is really funny because he definitely wasn't better next to Jrue in the past.

Tray reply to Xsago on Dec 21 at 15:58

He says that in the games mcw actually played, Turner was just as good with mcw off the court as with him on. He got worse after mcw started missing games, yes, but when Turner was playing well it didn't matter whether mcw was on the court with him or not. So the simplest explanation is mcw doesn't help and Turner was hot early. Though you could also give mcw credit with more elaborate explanations, like mcw helped get Turner into a rhythm that persisted when mcw checked out of games. Or the defenders were worse or less fresh when mcw sat. Or it's a really small sample (minutes in games mcw played and was off the court while Turner was on) and over time Turner has proven to struggle without mcw.

If he's here past this season I'm done with this team. That would be a bigger sin in my eyes than moving the team to Newark.

brook lopez broke his foot

likely done for the year

Mitch Lawrence claims that the idea of moving the sixers to Newark is something that might have more legs than a baseless rumor...I have tried to give up teams I root for before, never succeeded, but if anyone gave up Philadelphia for New Jersey (that's a lot like giving up Charlize Theron for Roseanne Barr) I would easily find a new NBA team to root for.

Tray reply to GoSixers on Dec 21 at 15:59

I'm fond of parts of Jersey, but in the case of Newark your analogy's apt.

No one truly from Philadephia finds anything useful in New Jersey

both my parents are from Philly, moved to jersey when they found out they were having me

Well - you can't be blamed for that - not really :)

Tray reply to GoSixers on Dec 21 at 16:12

So many philadelphians who are truly from philly seem to like the shore. And AC.

StAN reply to GoSixers on Dec 21 at 19:23

Why does this idea keep coming up? Moving the franchise to Newark is ridiculous on so many levels. Joshua Harris and the rest of the ownership group would lose so much money on this.

What makes you think they'd lose money?

They'd be closer to New York
They'd OWN their building - so all that extra income that now goes to Comcast is now theirs.

Oh yeah, probably get a better tv deal out of it as well cause the one they got from comcast was god awful.

Financially it makes a lot of sense - they're pretty much last in attendance anyway. Rebuild properly while the knicks and nets sink in the over spending stupidly plan - and you probably do quite well for yourself.

Moving makes a lot of fiscal sense when you think it through. They're losing a lot of money right now in income that they SHOULD be getting but comcast has.

They're not the only 'big city' team that could benefit from moving - there's a giant untapped trove of money in Anaheim - they're desperate for a team...

Take a look at how the Nets drew in Newark. People from nj won't go to games there, and people from NY certainly won't cross the river to attend. I also doubt the league would allow there to be 3 NBA teams within a 20-mile radius if each other, maybe less.

Jeff Taylor out for the season with ruptured Achilles

no way turner allows antetokounmpo to go off right?

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:35

************BUCKS GAME*************

Ha, you beat me to it.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Dec 21 at 20:39

No prob, just trying to break the thread.

************BUCKS "GAME"******************

You have to admire the announcers and studio guys for these teams. I mean, it's such a joke and they take it so seriously. Breaking down OJ Mayo's hero ball misses like they matter. It's cute, really.

I'm going on record. This is a win.

Aaaand we're off....Hawes loses the tip.

no henson

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:42

Yeah I think they're gonna win too, that is, if they display the same level of effort and passion from last night.

I wasn't thinking as deeply. I just think Turner's hot hand on shitty shots continues for another game.

Turner misses the rim on his first attempt, from 1 foot.

thad bucket

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:43

Thad picking up where he left off last night.

So I can barely stomach watching the Sixers, haven't had the heart to watch many other NBA games this season. What's the hubbub with this rookie for Milwaukee?

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Dec 21 at 20:45

Never heard of him.

hes long, athletic, still growing apparently

sissy jumper

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:45

Spencer 16 ft J. Funny to see a big guy take a wide open shot from there while also having a wide open lane for a dunk.

Thad w/ a nice fake and a quick drive for a hoop.

MCW misses the rim on a layup (Turner is teaching him something)

Turner misses a corner three.

bank is open for a thad 3

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:46

Thad bricks a 3 that banks in from straight away. What a thud!

The banks are open for Thad. Banks in a three.

And the Milwaukee announcer is explaining that he wasn't trying to do that. Classic.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:47

Where is Middleton from? and did he play college ball last year?

Texas A&M

2nd round pick in 2012, was part of the jennings sign and trade

eddies' heady's reply to sixerfan1220 on Dec 21 at 20:50

Thanks. So he was taken by Detriot I'm assuming? Did he get any burn with DET last year? Or just D-league?

yes taken by DET, got some burn and had a d-league stint

eddies' heady's reply to sixerfan1220 on Dec 21 at 20:52

Sorry for the in-game inquiries, but I'm assuming again in was he recruited and signed by Gillespie?

Turgeon i think

eddies' heady's reply to sixerfan1220 on Dec 21 at 20:57

yeah that's sounds more right

mcw 3

Turner completely loses his man, but at least it wound up in a layup instead of the open corner three.

MCW for three on the other end.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:48

Thad with a great up-ahead pass, Turner blows the bunny, Spencer cleans it up.

Turner misses a cherry-picking layup. Hawes follows.

I love 20-minute Sal Bando interviews in the middle of the game.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Dec 21 at 20:53

I just asked my niece and nephew "Who in the hell is Sal Bando???" lol

btw, MIL has the worst offense in the league. They haven't scored 100 in a regulation game since Nov. 6th. (though they do play at a slow pace, 27th in the league).

mcw has missed 3 or 4 floaters/layups

Thad rejected. Great pass by Turner. Please note the positive comment.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:55

Where is this big foreign guy from? How'd they get him?

free agent

played in Ukraine

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:58

Heh, this foreign dude is chubby.

Turnerover. Talking to himself on his way to the bench.

They really look like a team that played last night.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 20:59

Sitty pass from Elliot. 2 the other way. Lazy man.

wroten to the line

not to the line

thought he was shooting

Yeah, that surprised me. The dunk won't count.

Maybe Wroten can inject a little life into them.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:01

Shot clock violation. Big Chub didn't release it quick enough.

wroten 3

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:01

Wroten with nice from on a 3.

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:04

*form

Wroten hits a three. That always seems like bad news to me, when he hits his first.

that one was ok since it was catch and shoot

its the ones off the dribble that he shouldnt be taking

Lavoy with a smooth, nifty move with his back to the basket.

How many guys playing in the d-league right now do you think could give you more than Davies?

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:03

Terrible, inexcusable defense to close it out. Fucking pitiful to give that up.

Was that MIL fast break off a dead ball?

down 6 end of the 1st

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:06

That looked like a charge....

wasnt set and was in the circle

I thought so too.

They're down 10...to the Bucks!!!

anderson to the line

Anderson to the line.

Remember when he had that one game, and some guy was in here talking about how he was the second coming, and no one ever game him a shot? I wonder if that was his agent.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Dec 21 at 21:09

He caught the Doron Lamb virus.

Nice give and go, sort of. Hawes to Wroten. He finishes w/ the layup.

good work on the o-boards leads to a thad put back

eighth time is a charm. Good work on the o-boards. Thad finishes it off.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:13

Seemed like the ball would never drop on that possesion. Like 4 o-boards.

sissy hook!

Extended rest for Turner and MCW here.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:15

Come on Thad........

MCW back, Turner still out.

And now Turner's back, getting Anderson, who was spectacularly useless in that run.

MCW needs to do a better job staying in front of his man. He's good at blocking shots from behind, but can't make a living of it.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:17

Didn't think that was a foul on Turner, thought the other guy got the best of him. Questionable call.

et and 1 from spence

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:18

ET with the and-one! Good cut, just as good of a pass.

Turner+1. Nice find by Hawes, nice cut by Turner. Hit the freebie.

Nice find by MCW, sort of. Hollis was never going to finish that.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:22

Hawes walked on that turnaround. Switched pivot feet.

sissy tip in

thad 3

Thad43.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:23

Thad loads up a 3!!! Rims in.

Turner w/ the steal, leads the break, smartly gives it up early, MCW finishes and the foul. Pretty.

mcw and 1

made the ft

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:25

Turner with a way too far over the rim 3.

Turner barely grazes the rim on a corner three.

This rook for MIL needs to put on some weight, he's gonna get hurt.

thad almost got put on a poster

good foul

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:28

Shoot the ball SPencer........

spacing was way off that possession

Terrible offense there. The big was on Hollis, which meant Hawes had a small on him, Hawes gave up position on the block instead of standing his ground and just shooting over him. Terrible.

thad 3

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:30

Thad with another 3!

His left is involved in the jumper.

So is Thad's. Another three!

mcw dunk!

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:30

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA mcw nice!

MCW with a pretty drive and finish.

And then a pretty drive and dunk in traffic. NICE.

He should draw this up for a Thad three.

bad pass mcw

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:33

Ugh bad play there. Didn't draw it up like that.

MCW turns it over.

He did draw it up for the Thad 3, but I think MCW didn't really use the pick.

down 10 at the half

49-59 at the half.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:34

Can't give up that many in a half on the road on a b2b. Not a good recipe.

You forgot, "to the worst offense in the league."

47 out of the 49 points came from the 3 good areas(ft line, in the paint and 3 pointers)

jazz beat the bobcats who are 7-9 with Burke starting

mcw was fouled still made it

Turner baseline brick.

nice look from mcw to hawes

good start to the quarter 8-0 run

timeout bucks

Wow. Really pretty play. MCW breaks his man down, drives from the left side, draws the big, shovels a pass to Hawes who fills the void at the exact right moment, then it's just a sissy flip over the shoulder for the hoop. Pretty basketball. That's my payoff for sitting through this slop.

Turner's man hits a couple in a row.

malik is PISSED at the refs

Yeah? Why?

hawes got grabbed no foul call

happened a couple times the last few game that werent called

Turner to the line to get a couple of those back.

Middleton again. Think Hollis was on him that time.

Turner walks. No call. Bricks the layup. Then gets hit follow blocked. Pretty.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 21:58

Hawes bad pass.

Turner really complaining now. I love the palms-up whining. His man scored the previous possession, as well.

hawes was late with the pass, leads a turnover

fts for knight(he made both)

Hawes follows his own miss. Need to get a stop or two. Not that time.

thad hook

Why is Turner on Knight?

butler 3

there goes that good start

time out, down 13

The worst offense in the league has 78 points halfway through the third quarter. On the second night of a back-to-back.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:01

Can they get over the hump before end of quarter? Think they might have to if they still want to possess any chance of winning.

That 3 didn't help matters at all....Got 13 to climb now.

hawes 3 at the shot clock buzzer

zone threw some thing off

Hawes w/ a bailout three, MCW found him.

Anderson is 0/6.

MIL rook w/ a no-look pass to the guy sitting in the third row. Nifty.

Turner with a hustling steal. Then the Turnerover on what would've been a blocked shot. But he cherrypicks on on the other end. Nice work!

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:06

3 min left, down 10. Can they cut it to 6 or below? They better.

Turner slop. Long.

nice block thad

Lavoy w/ the offensive foul. Moving screen.

refs need to get their moving screens calls in

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:10

Ridnour 3. Great d.

bad shot lavoy

Anderson blows an easy o-board. Layup on the other end. up to 15.

Davies had the timeout before he was tied up. That was BS.

down 13 end of the 3rd

72-85 after 3.

If they hold MIL under 100, they win.

This lineup would probably lose to a couple D-League teams. Maybe college teams.

brandon davies bucket

Career high for Turner's man? Say it ain't so!

williams 3

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:19

Elliot 3. One last run?

good finish spence

getting killed by the bucks!

Turnerover and then a foul?

hawes and 1

udoh fouling everyone

thad 3

WEAK SAUCE! Grab the fucking board.

Thad for three!

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:29

Thad 3. Down to 10.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:29

Turner blocked by the rim. heh

Turner rejected like a bitch. Any wing with a shred of athleticism dunks that ball. He had the entire lane open to him.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:32

Porous D.

Poor, as well.

14. That's ballgame.

mcw steal!

gives it to thad

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:33

MCW just straight ripped that sucker from the big chub. ha

et to the line

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:35

Get the fucking rebound geez

mcw to the line

Grab the fucking ball, Turner. Damnit. He watched that board hit the floor, then let the Buck go down and get it. Just stuck his arms out, like that's playing defense. Fuck.

Was that the first missed freebie?

no wroten missed one earlier

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:37

Evan blows a wide open layin. shit

Turner bricks a corner three. Then misses a layup off a decent move. Excellent, work #2 pick.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:38

Thad gets blocked I think? on a dunk attempt. Or did he just miss it.

Blocked or fouled, couldn't tell which.

I guarantee he was out of bounds already before he called time there. Whatever.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:41

No boxout.

mcw to the line

touch foul didnt look like much

thad to the line

Thad to the line.

thad back to the line

Thad to the line again. Thought MCW was fouled on the strip. Alright, hit the freebies.

Turner is a hair away from a T.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:45

Brown likes to pull out the quarter-court trap late in nearly every game they play, whether up or down in score.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:46

Great defense there from MCW. So aggressive. MIL has to take another timeout.

nice effort mcw

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:48

Oh BULLSHIT> MCW picked that man, come on

eddies' heady's reply to eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:48

nope it was a foul on replay

Man, did not need a foul at that point. Ugh.

anderson will never hit an open shot again

There should be a tech for that elbow to MCW's face.

Fuck you, Anderson.

sissy 3

btw, good call last night by sixerfan1220, this loss evens out the win last night.

mcw floater

thad layup

stop fouling please

Turner fouls out with 10 points on 2/15 from the floor. Excellent work, young man.

eddies' heady's on Dec 21 at 22:53

It takes a hell of an effort to allow Milwaukee to score 116 points. Effort of what kind, I do not know, but effort nonetheless.

116.

lost by 10

no games til next saturday

@PHX

106-115 final.

Yes. The Sixers just gave up 115 points to the worst offense in the league. And it looks like it was 115 points on about 96 possessions. Awesome.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Dec 21 at 22:56

Don't be so nice now. It was 116.

correction 106-116

Yes, the Sixers gave up 116 points to the worst offense in the league, 116 points on 96 possessions.

anomiemnemonical on Dec 21 at 23:54

why is Davies on the team

hustle i guess

You could literally substitute six names into that sentence, and that's not even including Turner.

OK, so after 28 games they're 1 game away from the second-worst record in the league, and they have the ice capades trip coming up. 0-5 on this trip would be a big step in the right direction. The Bucks have some winnable games on their schedule coming up.

It crossed my mind the Nets might be interested in Hawes, then I realized the Nets literally have no assets to trade. So nevermind.

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 22 at 2:50

Not true! Besides the Plumlee kid, who's been pretty good (shooting 69% from the field on 6.6 attempts per 36 minutes, plus he's averaging a free-throw for every shot attempt), there's Teletovic, and probably best of all, the rights to Bojan Bogdanovic.

Stan reply to Brian on Dec 22 at 12:26

Sounds like blasphemy but I like Brook Lopez. I doubt we would give up anything that they would want for him. They do have Paul Pierce's $15 million expiring contract. It's an asset if Brooklyn is willing to take back Richardson

Toronto goes into OKC and wins and is now 5-2 since the rudy gay trade

Excellent news. Go for the #8 seed! You can do it!

if they trade lowry or derozan then i might start to worry but let them pile up the wins now

Tray reply to Brian on Dec 22 at 23:45