Outstanding.

Really -- do you ever sleep?

Friggin YES guys- Back off, I klnow what he looks like I don't need to see him walkin into the clubhouse

Sleep isn't really an option at this point. Mrs. DF is 1 day past her due date, and just a tad restless.

I don't want to get too excited yet, but this inning has been a thing of beauty so far...over 30 pitches already.

and as I type that Posada strikes out...

We need another inning like the first.

Here's Shelley...

Letting Sabathia off the hook in the first inning hurts...at least his pitch count is getting up there. It would be nice if we could get to the bullpen in the 6th, since they have two great middle relievers in Betancourt and Perez

what i meant was Perez and Betancourt will probably pitch the 7th and 8th, so it would be nice to face a lesser reliever in the 6th...

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 20:28

Ok, this is it. This is the inning. Interesting that even though this inning CC is not doing first-pitch strikes well, in the prior inning, Yanks could have hit his first pitches, it seems, but chose to take them instead. I wonder if we had more runs by now, but perhaps fewer pitches for CC.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 20:32

Here we go, Bobby, now time to step on CC's neck.

Come on Jorge!

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 20:40

Wow, talk about a wasted opp. All in all, though, I think we did all right against CC - 3 ER/5 IP on 114 pitches - he's done for the night.

thats twice we let him off the hook. Really frustrating...

Getting him out after 5 was more than we could've hoped for. If Wang gets through the fifth and holds the score here I like our chances.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 20:44

Key inning for the Wanger here, but very shaky command here.

Joe put in Shelley Duncan and is leaving him at first! Good move.

Sabathia looks like he's tiring.

Son of a bitch.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 20:51

Kinda like a typical outing for Wanger on the road - you just can't ignore regular season stats. I understand him pitching game 1, but still, I wonder how much consideration was given to him starting game 3.

OUCH! That one hurt....6 - 3.
That 'man in the field' Craig Sager looks like he has a dead squirrel on his head what a rotten piece. Isn't anyone up in the pen?

Prezs2ReprsntMe on Oct 4 at 20:52

disgusting.

At least we can't hear Sager's drivel over the loudspeakers.

Let's see what the kid can do. The Yanks are not done scoring, not by a long shot.

Wonder how Cleveland basketball fans will react to LeBron bein' a Yankee fan.

How many freakin' teams have Lofton played on anyway? Is this his third stint with the Indians?

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:03

All right, here we go, 6 more runs and we're right back in it.

We need to get within three by the ninth. Borowski won't come in unless it's a save situation.

Lofton has played for every team, and the Indians thrice? Yep, thrice.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:12

Yeah, I wanna see Borowski too. It's funny when one looks forward to seeing some team's closer come in. Problem is they've got two Rafaels in there in the middle who are quite good. So, could be a long shot to see Borowski, but here's hoping.

Where in the world did this Perez come from? He throws some nasty stuff.

Can they get two out of one of the rafaels? I'm not sure I would've brought Perez in there, although you always want to put a zero on the board after your team scores. Something the Yanks never seem to do.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:25

Getting uglier by the minute. I expected more from Ross, but I guess when it rains...

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:32

I hope we don't run out of our B and C pitchers tonite.

I figure Veras gets the 8th, the Viz the 9th, if the score stays the same.

Sorry, meant to say Veras gets the 7th and The Viz gets the 8th. There won't be a 9th if the score stays like this.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:45

Hmm, Phil. Ease him into the playoff atmosphere, I guess?

Nice K.

Hughes is throwing hard tonight.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 21:52

Impressive Phil today. Too bad the score is all wrong.

Guess that means Hughes won't be starting if Clemens can't go.

I don't think the Clemens start is in doubt anymore. I was still holding out hope that he'd start game 4. I guess not.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 22:00

Why burn out Phil here? That looks dumb to me. He's throwing well and may be needed tomorrow. Hmm.

I kinda doubt they'd use him 2 days in a row. He's never relieved before.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 22:06

Huge, huge game tomorrow for the boys, pivotal. We'll need our offense to do much better tomorrow.

Yep. It would help if Andy could hold them under 10 runs as well.

I'd bet my left nut Giambi will be playing first if Doug can't go. Prepare yourselves.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 22:10

Are Cleveland fans saying it's dumb to bring in the second Rafael in here? Is Wedge that scared? It's like if Joe brought in Joba tonite. It'd be a shit storm.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 22:12

Oh, lord, now getting visuals of Giambino at 1st from a week or two ago. One effing scary visual.

This night doubly sucks. First the Phils, then the Yankees get clobbered.

Oh well...hopefully I'll see one winner...GO CUBBIES!

At least they're making Betancourt throw some pitches here. The Rafael's may be unavailable, or weakened tomorrow night.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 4 at 22:19

Hoping so as well.

Thanks for all the comments guys. 5pm start tomorrow, I'll be live blogging again (as long as I'm not on my way to the hospital).

Gee-Force on Oct 5 at 8:41

Fellas -

Wang is not a #1...he's a nice #3. And I fear Pettitte's post-season mastery is a thing of the past.

What was Torre thinking batting Matsui against Sabathia...?

Pitching, Pitching and Pitching. Let Joba start game 3...Clemens has elbow troubles more serious than we know. If Pettitte gets blasted tonight this thing is over.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 12:41

This Gee-Force sure sounds like of them troll fellas.

Give him a chance, it was his first comment. To be clear, though. There's no way Joba is starting game 3, and a loss tonight would be bad, but the series wouldn't be over by any means. The Yanks came back from losing the first two at home against the A's in a 5-game series.