Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 17:18

Unfortunately, can only watch on Gameday, but for an 11-pitch inning, Carmona must be looking pretty good. Or are our guys not looking good?

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 17:19

Carey is one effing MF, oozing with bias, couldn't stand him yesterday.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 17:21

Nice inning for Andy, it appears.

Carmona's a pretty good starter for a failed reliever. Why did he never make it as a reliever anyway?

If he's this good after struggling as a reliever, imagine how good Joba has the potential to be as a starter.

Petitte proved he's no slouch either...looking good.

Hey, really enjoy the blog, keep up the good work, and yes Caray is actively rooting for the Tribe.

Andy looks good. He froze Hafner.

Most of Fausto's sliders looked flat to me, except the one he got Jeter on. The only problem is that he's throwing 96+. A bomb from A-Rod here would be nice.

JJ,

Some guys just can't hack closing, psychologically. He's got the stuff, but it may just have been too much for a young rookie to handle.

Neil,

Thanks, and welcome.

Future turning point of the game?

Let's see if they can use it to get something going here on offense.

WOO-HOO!!! Way to go, Melky!

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 17:52

Melky for MVP?

Is Grady the son of Ted?

I'd let Melky marry my yet-to-be-born daughter. (in about 20 years)

Mrs. DF says she's not in favor of a Melky/Daugher-of-DF union. He's too old for her.

Hoepfully Matsui can bail A-Rod out.

A-Rod could have had 3-0 if he laid off the sinker. Did he really think Carmona was going to put one down the middle for him on 2-0?

All the Yankee hitters need to let the knee-high pitch go, it's going to wind up down and out of the zone.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 18:39

Our offense is practically a no-show again. Very frustrating.

One of my co-workers who is a Mets fan/Yankee hater said to me today "Did you hear those announcers last night? They were openly rooting for the Indians!!!"

That kinda confirmed it to me...

What the hell was Lofton thinking there?

Prezs2ReprsntMe on Oct 5 at 19:08

thats how you pitch!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Tom... Brenly is definitely a Indian fan.

And that 'man in the field' Craig Sager ought to get his a$$ kicked for wearing those gay pink shoes. He and his bad toupe are just annoying.

How many pitches is Petitte at?

90. Joba's up.

That slider is SICK! Unhittable.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 19:36

Wow, Joba dealing. Loving it.

How good is that kid? That slider has as much movement as a slow curve, but it's in the high eighties.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 19:47

Is there some kind of email address at TBS where one can email complaints about the effing announcers' blatant bias? There has to be. I can understand the regular season, but the friggin post-season? This is the worst announcing duo ever (Carey/Brenly), period.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 19:53

Big test for the kid here. What with the bugs and all.

How many bug puns is Carey going to spit out?

Where the hell are all those bugs coming from?! Poor Joba.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:08

This blows. I'm blaming bugs for this. Come on, offense, atone for the no-show in the last two games.

Let's do it here. No extras tonight.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:10

I hope at least bugs won't be biased here.

Now's a good time for A-ROd to step up...

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:16

This AB right here may just define A-Rod's legacy.

Way to go, BOBBY!

He swung at ball three 2 or 3 times in that at bat. Son of a bitch. Mo is in this game for 2 innings, minimum. Joe cannot just write this game off.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:25

I think if this series doesn't go our way, this AB will be the talk that will drive AROD out of town. I sure hope it doesn't happen.

Mike,
I hope you're wrong too. We need Mo to dominate here.

Bottom of the 9th....I will be confounded if NYY goes down 0-2.

Brian - your posts are far better than Jason's 'Beerleaguer'...not sure why you don't have the volume yet...keep up the good work.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:31

Dominant indeed. Now, offense, please show us something.

this game is going to be the end of me

Thanks Gerry. I'm about 2 seconds away from a heart attack here.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 20:40

Frustrating, just frustrating...

I like Matsui....but Shelly was the right insert....Joe has too much loyalty at times.

Brian - did your wife have the baby yet....?

Not yet. She's not sure if she's in labor right now, or in extreme pain from watching this game.

I can't take much more of this. Garko didn't move a millimeter on that pitch.

My 11-year old is downstairs hogging the teevee...I'm upstairs here relying on TDF to keep me posted....

This is a must win game...Clemens' elbow apparently is not well....

I'm not in front of a teevee...who is Frankenstein...?

Shelley Duncan. Sorry. 1-1 to Damon now.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 21:27

Whew... What a frak'd up situation to be in.

I can't watch.

No more words.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 21:36

Crap, what a nerve wracking game, the worst. Now how the heck do you climb out of this hole?

Home cooking?

Thanks for all the comments guys, this was the record for most comments and it was great watching the game with you. Sorry it had to end so badly.

Mike from Bay Area on Oct 5 at 21:47

I would love to say that I'm 100% confident we take the next two, but just can't bring myself to say it. Where, oh where, has the frigin offense gone? I dunno, very depressing. I'm going out to clear this sh#t out of my head. Good blogging, Brian.