HOME TWITTER FACEBOOK RESOURCES ROSTER SCHEDULE ARCHIVES CONTACT TICKETS

Search Results for Raptors


Search this site:

15 result(s) displayed (1 - 15 of 15):

Oct 14
2010
9:51 AM

by Brian
Click for full story. The image atop this post makes me feel exactly like tonight's double-overtime loss to the Raptors did: Completely amused, when I know I should be alarmed. Seriously, take a closer look at that photo. Toronto's backup center has the goofiest, fish-in-a-barrel grin on his face. Freebie rebounds don't come against every team, after all. And then look at Elton Brand, "Hmmn, it's either try for the rebound or try to scare him into dropping it." Obviously, Brand chose the latter. More coherent thoughts to follow.
Oct 13
2010
5:32 PM

by Brian
Feb 10
2010
4:30 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. One game remains before the Sixers take a break from hoops over All Star Weekend. One final game before Ed Stefanski mingles with the other decision makers from around the league in Dallas, possibly to decide the fate of this franchise. Tonight's game against the Raptors shouldn't mean a whole lot, in the grand scheme of things, but I think it might. Preview and game thread after the jump.
Oct 6
2009
10:04 PM

by Brian
8
Click for full story. The Sixers used and abused the shorthanded Raptors in the first half tonight, then held on for their first meaningless win under Eddie Jordan. The final was 107-98. A few notes and stats after the jump.
Apr 12
2009
9:33 PM

by Brian
8
Click for full story. And the Sixers' impersonation of the New York Mets in September continues... Forget the fifth seed. The Sixers will need a minor miracle to hold onto the 6th seed at this point. Truth be told, I'd say there's a 90% chance they wind up #7, with a 40-42 record. Incidentally, the other 10% chance is that they'll finish #8, not #6. How can you look at yourself in the mirror after losing to the Raptors in this situation?
Apr 12
2009
1:58 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. Well, we find ourselves in a depressingly familiar situation tonight. The Sixers are on the road, against a losing team, with a ton on the line. In the past three such situations, the Sixers have come out flat, then rolled over. Will this be the game where they finally wake up and start playing with some urgency? Or will this simply be a repeat of the past three, with the Sixers simply happy to lick to their wounds and back into the playoffs? Stats, keys and in-game discussion after the jump.
Mar 11
2009
11:50 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. Well, the Sixers finally got a win without raising my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Toronto never threatened after the Sixers punished them in the second quarter. They did cut the lead to nine in the fourth, but the offensive star of the game, Thad Young, put them back in line quickly. After the jump we'll check out Coach DiLeo's rotations, in detail, and talk about why this wasn't a 40-point win (which it really should've been).
Mar 11
2009
5:06 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. The Toronto Raptors currently have the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference at 23-41. Over their past eight games (2-6), they have allowed an average of 112.9 points per game. As disappointed as we've been in the Sixers at certain points this season, they haven't come close to the level of under-achievement Toronto has experienced. That being said, this game has me very, very worried.
Nov 12
2008
11:23 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. We'll talk about how big tonight's 106-96 win over the Raptors was for this Sixers team, and how they managed to pull it off, after the jump. Right now, though. It's all Willie, all the time.Take a look at this...
Oct 29
2008
8:27 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. OK, so the headline is overboard, but there's a tiny bit of logic to it as well. The Sixers came out on fire and dominated the first 7 minutes of the game. Then, with 5:13 left in the first quarter,...
Oct 29
2008
12:15 PM

by Brian
Click for full story. I'm not going to be so bold (and moronic) as to say the Sixers first game of the season tonight against the Raptors is a must-win. I will, however, say that I think it's crucial for this team to get...
Jan 19
2008
11:14 PM

by Brian
0
Click for full story. The Sixers finished off their games against the Toronto Raptors tonight in Philly, and did it in style with a 99-95 win. It's a rare night when my recap post features a Willie Green picture, but Willie earned it tonight...
Jan 9
2008
9:14 PM

by Brian
6
Click for full story. The Sixers played a spirited first half in Toronto tonight, but the tail of the this particular back-to-back proved to be too much for this young team. Toronto pulled away in the third and cruised to a 109-96 win, dropping...
Nov 9
2007
10:02 PM

by Brian
3
Click for full story. The Sixers lost the game 105-103, but they may have gained something much valuable than a "W" tonight. Lou Williams played a season-high 20 minutes, and finished with 21 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers and...
Oct 31
2007
10:23 PM

by Brian
3
Click for full story. If you thought I was crazy when you read my Sixers season preview earlier today, I hope you watched tonight's game. The Sixers were up against the class of the Atlantic, on the road, with a center who missed...



Movable Type search results powered by Fast Search