Big day of basketball to open the 2009 NBA playoffs. Here are some quick thoughts on the games:
- I really don't like the showboating the Cavs are doing on the floor, especially LeBron. They're quickly becoming the team I'm rooting against. Detroit has no prayer in that series.
- I wasn't sold on Derrick Rose, until I saw what he did today to Boston.
- It's great to see Ray Allen and Paul Pierce fall back into their pre-Garnett playoff pattens. Ray Allen shot 1/12 from the floor for 4 points. Paul Pierce misses a free throw for the win with 2.6 seconds left in regulation.
- I think the Bulls will take that series, but it'll be interesting to see if either Rose or Rondo ever decide to play defense on one another.
- San Antonio looks old and stodgy without Manu. Dallas probably takes that series after taking home court away from the Spurs.
- How about everyone's darling the Portland Trailblazers? Yao picked up his fourth foul with 6:28 to go in the third quarter. The funny thing is that Houston sat him the rest of the way because they didn't need him. A 28-point blowout, at home, to start the playoffs? Hilarious. Almost as funny as Brandon Roy and Travis Outlaw laughing on the bench when they were down by 30 in the fourth quarter. The Blazers were out-played, out-coached, out-everythinged and I don't think they're coming back from that. They don't have an answer for Yao.
- 3 of 4 road teams won today, let's hope that trend continues tomorrow.