Twenty Games In

I like how Kapono was a starter the first few games of the season and he doesn't even see the floor anymore.

Yeah, I think he played like 2 seconds the other night.

He was away from the team for a handful of games for personal reasons. Don't think that had anything to do with it, but Collins definitely made the right call there.

deepsixersuede on Dec 6 at 7:56

I am surprised by your last statement. He had the team in a position to be 9-11 at worst, and accomplished this while playing his young guys a lot of minutes. I think he is succeeding in both categories. Their youngness is costing them in end game situations but he is being patient and playing the young guys none the less.

The irony to me is Turner not "getting it" when we all thought he could and guys like Thad and Spieghts seeming to be improving. My question is how does Thorn go from here? Does a possible near 500 record after 20 games push him to a]trade Iggy to stay lottery bound or b] look to add a young defensive big without moving Iggy and go for the playoffs.

His development of Turner is a failure to this point, that's what I meant. Not entirely his fault, but still. And he's got them playing much better than anyone could've expected, but they're still 8 games below .500, so you can't really say he's been successful at winning games.

As for Thorn, I hope he doesn't make a trade for either of those reasons. Dumping Iguodala purely to make the team worse is a dumb move, imo. And bringing anyone in purely to make a run at the playoffs this season would be equally dumb. If he's going to make a trade, it has to be to better the team in the long term.

Tom Moore on Dec 6 at 9:58

Column: Collins still searching for player to hit the big shot:

Brian, having some more problems with the site layout and Chrome browser.

The comments are in text boxes. When I increase the zoom (to make the text larger and more readable) the text gets cut off at the edge of the boxes.

Same thing with the site in general. Any zooming at all and the L side of the site gets cut off. Not as big of a deal as not being able to read the comments.

So when you hold down control and hit the + to zoom in, text is getting cut off in the comments section?

That doesn't happen in firefox

Hmmmm, i use chrome too and in my case the right side gets cut off, but only if i zoom too much.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 13:05

Yes. When I zoom the side-bar and parts of the text boxes get cut off.

I'm probably noticing it more due to having to use a small, low res monitor at work (and poor vision.) I have to zoom to clicks of the scroll wheel- and that cuts things off.

I get poor vision, but I've got 20/600 (with contacts on) and don't have size issues - man your eyes must stink :(

tk76 reply to tk76 on Dec 6 at 13:06

Sorry. Meant R side. In medicine, you flip sides when viewing an image (sort of like patient's left, or stage left...)

I'm using Chrome. I think I see what you're saying about the right sidebar, but not the comments. Would it help if there was a scroll bar? I can look into it.

tk76 reply to Brian on Dec 6 at 13:25

Now the comments are no longer being cut off. Strange, maybe it was just a temporary glitch?

hmmn. Yeah, I didn't change anything. Maybe an ad was messing with the width or something.

More than ever, this seems like a time when you'd want to lose games, not win them, but I guess winning is Collins's stated purpose and he's failing at it.

a coach like collins isn't going to 'coach to lose', most coaches won't coach to lose - they'll play their best players only way to coach to lose is to build a roster incapable of not sucking (like when the cavs wanted lebron, sure that lottery wasn't fixed), the sixers have enough talent to scratch out wins they shouldn't while being inconsistent to lose games they shouldn't.

Tray reply to GoSixers on Dec 6 at 13:38

I didn't say he should coach to lose, just that I'm not disappointed we're 6-14. That said, we should definitely be taking our lumps with Turner, unless you think playing him too much will shatter his confidence because of how bad he is right now.

saltzie on Dec 6 at 13:31

Totally forgot of the Craig...

Not sure this means anything, but Brakins in the D-League:
20.3 ppg
9.3 rbs (almost 3 off)
.500 FG%
1-9 from 3

2 problems:
Sample size (3 games)
Pace - the score of the 3 games
L 111-119
L 124 - 130
W 116-112

Guess they haven't worked out the defense just yet.
Great site

Very good website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about here? I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

I feel this is among the most significant info for me. And i am happy reading your article. However should commentary on some basic issues, The web site taste is ideal, the articles is actually great :D. Excellent job, cheers.

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! "We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over." by Ambrose Gwinett Bierce.