Milwaukee Outlasts the Sixers

I really liked Meeks coming off the bench. I think there's more value in him rotating into the line up since he is someone defenses have to adjust for, unlike ET. I still feel like this was a showcase game as was speculated in the game thread.

Its getting hard to enjoy watching this team. i do not think I would have come away happy had they won on the back of Lou isolation. But maybe the early season run led to unreasonable expectations.

Unfortunately, if the Sixers are in a close game against a team I despise like the Celtics it will make me sick knowing that it is very unlikely the Sixers will prevail- and it will probably be a painful loss. Part of the joy of sports it the drama of a close game and not knowing the outcome. But with the Sixers, a close game has turned into the equivalent of watching a movie where you know they are about to do something stupid or tragedy is about to strike.

I need them to at least occasionally win a close game to re instill some faith. The combination of the expectations that come with being a "good team" with the reality that thy lose 80% of their close games makes for an unappealing product.

Sharone Wright reply to tk76 on Mar 6 at 10:25

It really is torture.

mo speezy reply to tk76 on Mar 6 at 13:10

"But with the Sixers, a close game has turned into the equivalent of watching a movie where you know they are about to do something stupid or tragedy is about to strike. "

Lol, this is a perfect analogy. I feel this way at the end of every close game.

I DVR most games and watch late at night, and although I often go to great lengths to avoid seeing the final score before I watch the game, lately it doesn't really matter for the close ones - I've just seen the movie so many times before.

FreeReggieEvans on Mar 6 at 10:13

$50 fine each time they try that Derrick Rose "Floater in the Lane". Money goes to whoever get to the line the most.

That's one sad bounty bowl.

Evan Turner was the reason we lost the game plan & simple if he could hit some shots we win the game he got a couple rebounds big deal. I really don't have any faith in Evan Turner game I think he feels the same way to be honest. Meeks brings more to the table than evan this yr and his offered more to the team.

Steve V reply to marcus on Mar 6 at 10:28

So someone whos only value is shooting threes at a very streaky rate is more valuable than a very good defender, probably the best rebounder on the teammate and great ball handler? Sorry Brian this probably belongs in the Turner Meeks thread.

You know, think I forgot to mention it above, but the craziest thing about last night might not have been Turner's start, but Collins switching up the starting lineup at the beginning of the third. Think he's only done that one other time this season (Turner in for Meeks, if memory serves).

This team is pretty far from elite status right now. Not that its a surprise, but we are back to a team with poor shooters coupled with an unwillingness to drive to the hoop and get to the line. Not a good combo. I love the way Thad has come on this year which is a real plus. Turner? I hate to say it, but he is officially a mistake at #2 overall in my opinion. He just plays with no confidence. Three years at a big college program plus 1.5 seasons in the NBA with ample opportunity to make a statement, and we see a player who just isn't comfortable out there (either with or without the ball in his hands). The Defense has been real fun to watch and AI9 has been better this year (except for his 4th quarter disappearing acts and FT's). I don't know that there will be a move to make at the deadline, but I am all for making a move to get an impact player in here. Pau Gasol-type move? Yes. Stephen Jackson-type move...thank you no. I hope Thorn is the right man for the job.

just wanted to point out that we saw a 76ers alley-oop last night. i feel like that never happens anymore, and i never really understood why.

also, it looks like turner is just a step slow with his moves when he tries to go to the rim. he does the hesitation/stop-and-go move, but when he tries to go the defender hasn't been faked out so he can't get around them. is his one-on-one game just not translating to the NBA? if he could get by someone he'd be in the lane a lot more and could either distribute or hit a shot (thats not a jump shot).

I expect this experiment in the line up to go at least 5 to 10 games deep, even better if Hawes comes back, just to guys settle on their new roles. That is what I've been advocating for, lets Turner run with the starters just to see what he's about, Turner running with Lou is just bad, even Jrue and Iggy deffers to Lou, that is bad ! Lou show isn't going nowhere, he can delivers 1 out 10, great ! The Sixers need to evaluate the young players before they discuss trades, Collins was killing the grow of the young players and riding the veterans just to milk a couple of wins but this in the long term is just stupid, cause the talent level of the team as is stands now is clearly not enough to get them even to the ECF, maybe a 1st round upset and that is it.

JH reply to JH on Mar 6 at 12:28

As David Thorpe said on his chat:
"Philly's offense is primitive late in games"
That's on Collins

GoSixers reply to JH on Mar 6 at 12:54

The chef can only cook with the ingredients he's provided. The sixers offensive 'variety' is pretty lacking. I don't approve of the Lou iso, but there's nothing really the sixers can do in the half court offense successfully, they suck at it.

Rich reply to GoSixers on Mar 6 at 13:02

That's simply not true if you have been watching the last two nights. They have shown the ability to generate good looks with Lou primarily off the ball. They went away from it for some reason last night at the end.

anonymous reply to Rich on Mar 6 at 20:53

I actually thought the Lou drive at the end looked like a pretty good shot uncontested from about 7 feet., and we almost got the put back too but both didnt go in.

GoSixers reply to JH on Mar 6 at 17:28

Hank (Dallas, TX)
who would you rather have coach, Iggy or Gay? and why?

David Thorpe
Iggy. Defense and passing.

I can't tell you how disappointed I still am in those Lou iso calls at the end of the game. The other two (even though Jennings was stupid enough to foul on one) showed that he wasn't going to get a good shot with an Iso set. He actually ended up getting a decent one, but it's tough to make a contested floater when you've been working like crazy to just shake your man. The back screen for Lou or curl for Jrue would have gotten something good.

That is on Doug Collins. I now see that he has plays in his pocket that work and create good shots, but he goes away from them.

Maybe it's because of the ludicrous offensive foul on EB. That is a brutal time for such a bad call.

I wonder if the "simplicity" of the plays collins runs is because of the "lockout" season. He did mention a couple of times early on in the season and in preseason that the Sixers he will try to have the Sixers to play "simple" basketball this season and he will scratch most of the more complicated sets due to the lack of training time.

Actually, i hope that is the case...

GoSixers reply to Xsago on Mar 6 at 13:34

That would make sense if the sixers had massive roster turnover and a new coach

But they had neither of those things. The sixers 'advantage' was continuity - but if they couldn't even remember last years play book then their basketball iq (collectively) and recollection is atrocious.

Rich reply to GoSixers on Mar 6 at 13:50

I think those are reasons he opted for simplicity. Coming in, you had a bunch of players who played well together for much of last year. He was probably thinking, "These guys don't need some crazy new offense installed, they know what to do with each other on the floor."

For much of the season it worked too. Sadly, a few things happened. The starting center, one who acts as sort of the offense's steadying hand for reasons that nobody can really explain, got hurt and has missed a ton of time. Also, they seem to need set plays called at the end of games and are reluctant to do so. Oh, the fact that both of their SG's have played horribly (Turner moreso) hasn't helped either.

GoSixers reply to Rich on Mar 6 at 14:02

If that was thinking, then I disagree with the thinking. He didn't need to install a 'new' offense, but a few more options or wrinkles would have been perfectly acceptable

Rich reply to GoSixers on Mar 6 at 16:24

I'm sure he did that as well too. We don't really know what he did though.

That Lou fade to the corner play has become a new wrinkle, as well as the pseudo pick and roll Brian mentioned that turns into a high/low. There are evidence of some new things being run.

One thing I don't understand is why use Iggy so far away from the hoop, he is a killer when he get the ball 1 power dribble away from the hoop, I might be wrong but when Dre Miller was playing in Philly that was Cheeks's plan, get the ball to Iggy near the paint. Something like Thad's plays, of course you've got have a PG good enough to get the ball to him on those spots.
But I agree lots of the team problems are due to this no time for practice season.. Iverson would love it !!

GoSixers reply to JH on Mar 6 at 13:38

Andre Igudoala is a horrible finisher at the basket in the crowd, especially after he gets fouled

L. A. Steve on Mar 6 at 14:22

Same game, different conclusions, funny how that goes, might as well throw my 2 cents in on last night game too.

No doubt, I'm pulling hard for Evan, I like his game, and, I'd hate to see us blow a #2 draft pick. I applaud the lineup change, I think it's a wise decision to insert both he and Nik into the starting lineup. Although I like both guys a lot, I'd like to direct my comments toward Evan, because he's the one that's on the hot seat. With the obvious exception of not being able to throw it in the ocean, I thought Evan played well. He rebounded great, passed the ball well, and played good defense, in regards to passing, I think he really sees the court well, and seldom misses hitting the open man. He should have had more than 4 assist last night, but, unfortunately, everybody, (with the exception of Dre and Jody), was having an off-night shooting the ball. In regards to his taking those 12 shots, I liked those shots, with the exception of, maybe, 1 or 2, I thought they were good shots, taken in the flow of the offense, shots that should have been taken, unfortunately, they just didn't go down. Actually, I was proud of him for taking those shots, it takes courage to keep shooting when you keep missing, but like I said, they were good shot that needed to be taken. Maybe that was why we were able to get several offensive rebounds/putbacks off of them. Look, the scouting report on Turner going into the draft was that he had a good mid-range game, I believe that's still true. He's under a lot of pressure, and is having some problems handling it, but I think he'll get it together, if he's given time/minutes to work it out.

Its been said that a sure sign of a lack of intelligence is to keep doing the same the thing over and over, and expect a different result. As of today, we are 2-12 in games decided by 7 pts or less, and yet, we keep doing the same thing with the same results. When the game is on the line we always flatten everything out, and let Lou Williams, go isolation. It's not working, maybe it would work if we had a great iso player like: James, Wade, Rose, or Paul, but we don't have those guys, so why do we keep doing it? Why don't we do what we do best: throw a couple of passes, set some picks, hit the open man. Oh yea, Doug says that doesn't work at the end of NBA games. How do we know, we never try it, maybe it'll work for us? Lord knows, it can't work any worse than what we're doing now!

stevesnis reply to L. A. Steve on Mar 6 at 14:33

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought that about Turner last night. Terrible shooting night for him. I get that, and it happens. I'll never have a problem with a starter putting up 11 or 12 shots in an NBA game. As long as you get decent looks in the flow of the offense, have at it.

Now, at some point, you gotta make some of them, but....All around I thought the new starting rotation looked good last night. Some more cohesion will be necessary and the shots will fall, of that I have no doubt.

Now, can someone explain the "illegal defense" call that happens now and then in the league? They called one last night that had Collins freaking out and yelling at the refs over. A Buck player cut through the lane and the Sixers got called for illegal d/defensive 3 seconds or something. What exactly is the rule?

You can't be in the lane for more than three seconds unless you're "guarding" someone. Which typically means within arms-length of a man. You'll see guys camped out in the lane but sort of tip-toeing in and out every couple seconds, that's called cleansing. Once you're completely out of the lane, the 3 second clock starts again. It also starts again if you make contact w/ an offensive player. I didn't see the play you're talking about, but if a cutter comes down the lane and you make contact w/ him (or even just get close enough to make contact), then the three second count should start over.

stevesnis reply to Brian on Mar 6 at 15:51

Ok, makes sense. That's what Doug was screaming at the ref about. To paraphrase, he was saying, if a player cuts across the lane, then it can't be a defensive 3-second violation.

johnrosz on Mar 6 at 14:31

I know Turner didn't shoot well last night, but you can't take him out of the starting lineup after one game, right?

If he truly is a "confidence player", as Iggy has stated, you need to let him try to work through it. Keep giving him the minutes, it's time to see what you've got, for better or worse...

I think they'll probably leave him in the starting lineup against Boston. I would, at least. Give him another shot, just tell him not to shoot so much. I disagree that most of his shots were good shots last night. He missed a couple of bunnies, but anything outside of like 12 feet simply isn't a good shot for him right now.

marcus reply to Brian on Mar 6 at 16:13

For as bad as evan played the shots he took I also thought they were good shots maybe three weren't.

johnrosz on Mar 6 at 14:42

I think Meeks did a horrible job chasing Ray Allen around last year...am I remembering that correctly?

Remember a game late in the year where Turner played one of his better games in a loss.

Definitely should get another start, but I don't know with Doug, I think we're starting to see that he's still as volatile as ever, that mellowed act was a bunch of shit. Guy can't help himself.

Rich reply to johnrosz on Mar 6 at 16:29

I remember one game where Meeks inexplicably left Ray Allen to rotate to Rondo on the perimeter in the closing moments. He did play well that game though.

Turner played well in a game that got beat pretty good in Boston too.

I gotta be honest, I don't have much hope at all for Turner. For the first 20 games of the season, that guy was a serious contributor on both sides of the court, even if he was only shooting 48 percent and not getting to the line that much. His defense was awesome those games as well. Now his offense is so bad, that it's affected some of his his on-ball defense. I'm just so amazed (and disheartened) that a guy could drop off that far in the middle of a season.

MCT reply to Rich on Mar 6 at 16:52

I keep thinking "can it get any worse?" and then it does with him. Tomorrow he will probably go 0-8 with 2 rebounds and 3 T0s.

I usually don't feel sorry for multi-millionaires but I can't help it when it comes to the "busts" in pro sports (not saying he is one yet, but he is on his way so far). They get ripped forever for that, as if it is a crime for not playing up to your expectations. It's one thing to be fat and lazy like Jamarcus Russell but it's another if it turns out you just aren't that good at the pro level.

About the starting lineup last night, I think people are seeing what they want to see rather than what happened. They only played 5:29 as a unit and were -6 in that time. Turner really had a number of opportunities to "play his game" and failed at it, repeatedly. You shouldn't pull the plug after one game, but at the same time, he didn't play well. He rebounded well. That's it.

Hobbes reply to Brian on Mar 6 at 15:54

"You shouldn't pull the plug after one game, but at the same time, he didn't play well. He rebounded well. That's it."

A sober assessment from Brian, in a bar-room of hard-drinking fans.

Hard for me to imagine that someone who has shot so poorly for 1.5 seasons is going to improve markedly. Last year, 37% from 3-9, 10-15, and 16-23 feet. This year, 45%, 38, and 32% from those ranges. Numbers to give pause to anyone peddling hope that Turner's got a 'mid-range' game. Also hard to imagine that present-day struggles is merely a matter of "confidence" *and* that said-"confidence" will just magically appear one day and just climb higher and higher to the day or retirement.

As it stands, the plot's looking pretty repetitive, and the ending is feeling kinda' predictable, though I suppose I could sit through just a little more of the movie before cutting my losses and leaving the theatre.

Stay tuned.

postscript: the high praise for Turner's "ball-handling" and "court awareness" is overcooked.

Although it could be argued that defenses are giving him good looks from midrange which is why he looks "open", I do believe he has a good deal of ability to be productive there. His jumper is at the point where it is repeatable, but he's also quite mechanical and shows little feel. Thad had to shoot it out earlier in the season and he's shown well after most everyone wanted him to put it away. I don't think the same will happen with Turner as far as him turning it around, namely because he reconstructed his form unlike Thad who merely fine-tuned his. Shooting is one of the easier things to improve if you have an aptitude for it, and I think Turner definitely does, but it will take a bit to really show.

Hobbes reply to Cin on Mar 6 at 20:22

"Shooting is one of the easier things to improve if you have an aptitude for it, and I think Turner definitely does, but it will take a bit to really show."

Not sure what "aptitude" means in this context. Competency? If so, competency comes in a lot of degrees. As for shooting being "one of the easier things to improve," I can't say I agree. First, in relation to what!? Running? Jumping? Clapping? If it was so easy to improve, everybody'd be good at it and acquiring high-percentage shooting guards wouldn't be difficult.

And there's a million reasons why it isn't easy. Few are mentally tough enough to want to shoot when contested, and fewer still are confident enough to be successful when contested. That can't be taught, either. Then there's what a player actually practices. Taking 200 shots a day with bad form doesn't make you a better shooter. Then there's the fact that most college staffs and a lot of professional staffs don't have full-time shooting coaches on staff--which is why players go find specialists in the summer. Those driven enough to bother not only need good help not only need to be lucky enough to get the right kind of instruction, they also have to do something with the instruction and then they need to be able to make it a part of their regular season game.

Simply put, most players who come into the league as poor shooters don't become better shooters. Those that really work hard at it, and work the right way at it,...well, most of those guys become marginally better.

I hope Turner is a prodigy and that he one day blossoms like a spring flower. But that kind of transformation is rare. And, frankly, his offense to date has pretty much been abysmal. Oh, and it's abysmal at a time in his career when opponents don't even try to shut him down!

Let's hope for improvement. But don't none of you kids out there hold your breaths for ET to become some kind of offensive threat. You'll probably suffocate!!

Charlie H reply to Hobbes on Mar 7 at 11:59

I don't see how you can knock his ballhandling. I think he has the best handle on the team.

I think you have to be patient with his shooting. For comparison, Jerry West shot 41.9 his rookie year; 44.5 his 2nd. Havlicek went steadily down from 44.5 to 40 over his first 4 years, then became one of the best scorers and clutch shooters in the league. Ray Allen shot 43% his first 2 years, Mark Price went from 40 to 50. Players do improve. I think Turner will follow this pattern because his other skills will get him on the floor until he does.

L. A. Steve reply to Charlie H on Mar 7 at 12:56

Very good point, these naysayers look at ET and assume what they're seeing now is the finished product, which is very short sighted on their part. Like you implied, his floor game is excellent, a component these guys totally ignore. But who knows, all this trade talk in the press, they may trade him I wouldn't be surprised, especially if Collins is calling the shots, which he appears to be.

GoSixers reply to L. A. Steve on Mar 7 at 13:16

Or the 'naysayers' as you call them see the reality that Turner is worse than he was last year in many aspects of the game. He shows little to no improvement. His shooting is still awful, even with all the work from Herb Magee. He still demonstrates weird body language (if you buy such things) and he didn't come into the league with the huge upside of other picks in his draft, in fact he was supposed to be one of the more polished players.

The 'yaysayers' are as blind to Turners flaws as you say the naysayers are blind to his upside

Turner has shown nothing to indicate he won't be a marginal player, at best, in his second year in the league. He's not better...

Tom Moore on Mar 6 at 16:52
Stan reply to Tom Moore on Mar 6 at 18:53

Meh. Pretty obvious. Any trade that involves giving up Iguodala AND Holiday is very risky and not worth it. Plus I'd rather sign him as a free agent :)

Tom Moore reply to Stan on Mar 6 at 20:11

Emailed Rod Thorn and asked if Sixers were one of the six to eight teams still in the hunt for Howard. He replied, "Possibly." I followed up and he said they probably didn't have a legitimate chance to acquire Howard and get him to sign an extension. That's all.

Hobbes reply to Tom Moore on Mar 6 at 20:29

Meanwhile, over at the Philly.com boards, a dozen posters just ran into the streets shocked, angry, and looking to burn down the city.

Reality's a bitch, especially for those who don't believe players when they say, "Unless Philly is relocated into New Jersey or Texas, I'm not going there."

Brian in regard to what you wrote at the beginning of your (nice) post I think the major difference between this L and the ones vs OKC and Chi is the quality of the opponent: at the end of the day we lost to a Bucks team that was 14-23, playing w/o their starting C, let's not forget it.
Also, both those teams were carried by their all stars, big players, proven "closers" etc etc (=the ones we always say we lack) down the stretch, while here we managed to lose to the likes of Gooden, Udrih, Ilyasova...
So my Q is: how come that even the Bucks, WAY less talented than us, found a way to make some nice (team) plays to finish the game, while we are NEVER able to do that, regardless of who we face? I blame it on the coach, again.
Random thoughts:
1) LW critics should wonder how our offense would look WITHOUT him. Especially in the half court. And in close games like this one.
2) I also agree that starting ET is a move than sooner or later Collins should have made, but let's face it, ET did NOTHING to deserve it, especially in the last games. So it looks like a "desperation" move by the coach, trying to shake things up a bit in the mid of a tough stretch. Of course now Collins HAS to stay with this lineup for a reasonable amount of games.
3) I think the one that benefited the most from the move was Meeks...
4) I like the guy etc etc but EB is becoming a HUGE issue offensively, his inability to finish got beyond any imagination and the usually reliable mid range J looks to have lost a step or two. Unfortunately, there is nothing anybody can do to fix this, and it will only get worse, I'm afraid
5) anybody else thinks we seriously risk to be around .500 before the end of the month?

Watching Celts/Rockets. Really like how Houston is pushing the pace. BOS looks old, and tired, early.

It always amazes me to watch wing players on other teams play against anyone but the Sixers. Kevin Martin looks like a complete stud when he isn't guarded by Iguodala. Looks like a D-Leaguer whenever Iguodala is on him.

you think he starts turner tomorrow?

Yeah, I think so. He's really going to have to pay attention when he's off the ball on defense, though. Can't lose Allen like he lost Deng the other night. Against MIL it didn't cost them as much, though he lost Dunleavy a couple of times. Needs to be disciplined and smart when he leaves his man to help. If it's Ray Allen, he probably just shouldn't leave to help at all.

I watched the Bucks game on DVR and followed the game thread as well. I was pretty shocked no one made a comment about Lou on the big Udrih shot. Lou completely blew that play. He just stood there at the foul line while Udrih moved slightly to the left to get in position to get a pass and a wide open shot from the Buck(forget who it was)who was stuck driving to the basket. If Lou doesn't ignore his man they probably don't get off a shot.

Tough to really bitch about a guy who was pretty much the only reason we had a shot to win anyway, but that was such a bad defensive play that I can't help myself.

Spencer for hire on Mar 6 at 20:20

I think Turner starting is part of an audition till the trade deadline in which Collins, and more importantly Thorn, want to see if he works between the two anchors of a very good defensive team, Iggy and Jrue.

I hope he succeeds but if not I think he gets moved for a piece that fits more. The worry of him becoming great after being moved has left me and I have no qualms getting a guy that can hit jumpers consistantly.

If Thorn knows Elton will be amnestied next year Nucioni's contract can be used to add salary but it may not have to be moved. Brackins has a team option and combined with Turner gives another team an expiring contract along with Evan.

Guys I would target are W.Mathews, J.Richardson, J.J. Redick and maybe a package of E.Davis and Bayless. This team's defensive effort is inspiring and a boost of sorts, for players that help beyond this season , is well deserved.

Would like some of that Wes Matthews; has good size and handles. Not sure Portland wants to give him up yet, they are still teetering on the edge of playoff teams.
Doubt that Redick will move, Otis Smith holding dearly onto all his cards hoping for some miracle.

I'm thinking if we go through this season like this and end up with the likely playoff exit without Jrue (or should I even say Turner) taking a big step forward, it may feel almost like a wasted season. Because to me, it seems we have peaked in terms of maximizing our ability, and need to change something so we can have more added potential to our roster other than just growth. Iggy, Thad, Lou, don't think those players can get any better than what they are now.

Spencer for hire reply to jkay on Mar 6 at 21:26

If Turner doesn't have big upside than fit comes into play for me, similar to draft night. Turner may fit opposite Batum because of his shooting. And Mathews is coming off the bench now.

Orlando has Redick and Richardson and are just a Dwight trade away from needing a small forward [Turkaglu?].

And Toronto could use a p.g. and s.f. moving forward and a change of scenery may help both Evan and Bayless. Davis would be hard to get but worth a try with Valancunis coming over.

i want no part of matthews and his contract

Spencer for hire reply to sixerfan1220 on Mar 6 at 21:29

He gets slightly more than Evan and has proven to be a capable shooter from distance.

anonymous on Mar 6 at 21:14

Then again Miami lost to them 2 out of 3. Lakers lost to them 1 out of 1. Spurs lost to them 1 out of 1. When you look at it this way we're in elite company.

eddies' heady's on Mar 6 at 21:31

Be nice to end tonight with a Pacers loss, Magic loss (the 'Cats?), Celtics loss, and Knicks loss.

Crossing fingers.

Sammy is doing his best to bring this game home for Houston. 1-point lead with 55 seconds left.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 6 at 21:54

Heh, i hope you were being sarcastic about Sam.

Houston is unbelievably small these last few minutes w/ Dragic, Lee, and Lowry. Wonder why McHale was doing that? b/c of Parsons being the only other choice?

Is Budinger hurt?

11 and 17 for Dalembert in 36 minutes. I'd take 50% of that from our bigs any day of the week.

eddies' heady's reply to Brian on Mar 6 at 21:59

Oh, I was talking about his boneheaded foul on KG that was 94 feet from the Celts basket. And shortly before that when he secured the Parsons airball with 3 left on the shot clock and he looked to pass it back out instead of going back up with it.

Eh, the foul on Garnett was in the process of battling for a board, something no big on our roster has ever done. The airball isn't easily excusable. I didn't think it was an air ball watching on TV, but he obviously knew it was. You failed to mention his sick baseline drive a couple of plays before that.

Dragic is a terrible player. Allen just sunk a three to give the Celts a two-point lead. 35 seconds left.

And Dragic hits a jumper to tie it with 3 seconds left, of course. Rondo blew a bunny in the most pornographic way possible. Would've iced the game. Hilarious.

Boston has 3 seconds, I believe. Wonder what kind of play they run for the win.

Wow, Allen got wide fucking open and missed from the elbow. That was so lucky.

Overtime for the Celts, and the big 4 have played HEAVY minutes. Let's go Rockettes.

eddies' heady's on Mar 6 at 22:00

Lowry isn't strong enough to stay with Pierce. Just don't see what McHale is accomplishing by being so small here. Since he went small, they've continued to lose the lead.

Would've really liked to see the Celts lose that game, but 45 minutes for Rondo, 41 for Pierce, 41 for Allen and 37 for Garnett will have to do.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching Baron Davis jack threes off the dribble with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. It's so entertaining.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the 18-20 Knicks go back to their "superstars" after the bench had a huge run and then get their doors blown off in the final 4 minutes or so.